Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Main Gate

Kazuko let out a small squeak as soon as her umbrella was absorbed by the fog. There was no dignified way of saying it, the sound that she had made was far more mouse-like than she was comfortable with. After taking a step back, Kazuko was moved aside by Ruby so that she could attempt her own plan. Ruby hadn't been particularly forceful, but the touch had been so unexpected that Kazuko was worried that she was being ambushed. Luckily, this was one instance where fear didn't show on her face, mostly because she was too terrified to show fear. Which seemed rather paradoxical, now that she gave it some thought.

If she had any comments on Ruby's expert moves, she limited them to just one: "Is... Is throwing rocks at things normal? Is this some kind of rule they went over in class that I didn't pay attention to? Is it some rule they're only teaching now, and they forgot to teach me?"

She shook her own head, one hand on her forehead, likely realizing that what she had just said didn't actually add up. She had been terrified enough that it somehow looped back to allow her to think a bit, though she was still prone to mistakes. Evidenced by the fact that she thought about how Thorne had announced her own plant-based powers. It would be for the best if she also shared her own powers for future plans, right?

"Oh, right. I'm gay."

"And I'm very proud of you, Kazuko. But what does that have to do with what's happening now?" Lamorak responded, his response seeming rehearsed. Was this something that Kazuko just randomly accidentally announced sometimes? Lamorak acted like it.

"Oh! Um, I mean, ice powers! That's what I've got! So, uh, maybe we can combine that with something? I'm still trying to practice. Lamorak says it's a power with a ton of creative combat potential, but I don't know how to think. ... In fights, I mean. I rely on instinct."

Before Kazuko could continue her quest to make more awkward mistakes when talking, something came to her attention. She heard a scream. Instantly, she looked at Lamorak, a look of understanding on both of their faces as they got ready to transform. But before that could happen, they noticed that the new presence was... A shoebill.

"Um... Is this bird... Okay?" Kazuko wasn't sure who she was asking the question to, but Lamorak gave a response anyway.

"... Look carefully! This is a Seer! Whoever they're bonded with must be trying to get our attention." Lamorak guessed. It was a reasonable guess, really. A lot more reasonable than what had actually happened, at least.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Main Gate

The blurry fog didn't seem to respond to much to having rocks thrown at it.

Some seemed to go right through it while others just simply vanished.

Upon placing her foot into the fog Karen felt, for a brief moment, what seemed to be a hand grab her tightly and pull her.

The next thing she knew...Karen and Xuande had entered The Negative Zone

To the outside world, it seemed as through Karen simply disappeared....except upon further inspection there were now 2 blurry smudges. A new one seeming to be right were Karen had been previously standing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Negative Zone
Spoiler : OOC :
This bit can just apply to anyone else who touches the blurry thing
It feels like you just hit the ground with a thud. The world around you looks the same, but...not. The rain is frozen in place, it doesn't look like anyone's around. Like you've stepped into a picture of where you just were.

The buildings and ground seem darker somehow, like everything in the world got mixed with the color black.

You pick yourself up and look around the place.

Noticing the umbrella simply laying on the floor, and some rocks just sitting there next to it.

You hear footsteps..but only for a second..

And you see.....The stray cat wondering around, lost and seemingly worried.

And then from the ground you hear something...Something like ruining water. And it's getting louder.

From the source of the noise, a large puddle of greyish goop seems to form..and from that rises....

A creature? A sort of strange mushy figure almost seems to slowly grow out of the ground.

It takes shape, forming into what seems like a basic, bloby humanoid form with a large..oversize head, bent and curved into what seems to be a large mouth..a kin to almost a crocodile..

Standing before you...is a Ghoul...
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Main Gate:

Thorne grew up watching magical girl shows on TV. Strong, quirky, sometimes flawed girls, who nonetheless all forged powerful friendships, and faced danger bravely. She'd always loved those shows, the characters, who made her feel like part of a group, that there were good things in this world and that they needed to be fought for.

She'd never expected real magical girls to be like this. A neurotic mess, a deluded cosplay girl, their obnoxious Seers and now-- This new Seer bird, flying in from nowhere. Thorne hardly had time to process it all before Karen stuck a leg into the fog, and immediately vanished into it before she so much as had time to transform.

And on top of all of that, she was going to miss Anime Club.

"Ugh... Damn, we lost her! Chili! Let's go!" Thorne snapped, extending her arm to the squirrel.

"Chichichi. 'Bout time!" The squirrel said, slicking back its fiery hair. Chili pounced onto Thorne's open palm, then continued scampering up her arm to her shoulders, where she began to move faster, and faster, and faster, circling Thorne until she became a blur of glowing red. Thorne felt power surging through her body, her hair grew, her regular clothes were replaced with a dramatic, armor-like attire, and finally, a streak of white in the shape of a pointed star appeared in her hair.

"Magical Girl... CHECKMATE!" She cried, the transformation complete.

"Checkmate!?" Chili said, now a voice in her head, "Is that really what you're going with, chi?"

Without wasting any breath, Thorne instead simply raised her fist and struck the ground in front of her, filling it with magical energy-- A second later, three black vines laced with thorns burst from the ground and shot out into the fog.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Main Gate - Friendship is Friend

"NO I'M NOT!" said an angry voice from afar, grabbing your attention.

The bird's neck immediately snapped back at the sound of voices. It's big long beak was wide open in a smile while it's beady red eyes were sparkling as it gazed at you happily.

"Friend!"

Completely unfazed by the fact it hit the ground like a brick, the bird hopped up and excitedly hopped around like a child. Suddenly it started jumping all over the place like a blur, blinking between different places at once.

"Hi I am Friend!" He said, popping his head out of someone's bag.

"We are now friends!" Over someone's shoulder.

"All of us!" On top of someone's head.

"We go play and make more friends!" Inside another bag.

"Frieeeeeeeeeeend!" Back on the ground now, flapping his wings in wild excitement while hopping up and down like he was on seven shots of espresso.

---

Jane scowled as he watched the bird brain from afar, hearing its annoying, high-pitched voice even from here. Great, now they thought she was calling for their attention when it couldn't be further from the truth. Why couldn't they just take the bird away from her and leave-

Wait.

They could see him. They could hear him. She wasn't going insane! All this time she thought the bird was a damn hallucination haunting her until her mind broke into pieces. Other people could see the damn thing! She had to get them to take the bird away from her. Jane took her crutch and started slowly making her way over to the group. She didn't want to rush and make it seem like she cared, so she walked at her normal, hobbling speed.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Main Gate

Thorn's vine attack seemed to enter into the blurry fog.

However, what entered seem to become disconnected from the source.

----------------

Negative Zone

Vines, seemingly constructed from magical energy, appear momentarily from around where Karen entered the Negative Zone.

However, cut from their owner, they merely fall to the floor and wilt away.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Library:

It didn't seem that even Charlie's approach deterred the Blobs from being the unwanted life of the party in the Library. Their first instinct seemed to be to throw a portion of themselves around the horse like one would throw their arm around a good buddy.

"HEY HEY! If it isn't my favorite stick in the mud, you old Mr. Dark-And-Mysterious, you! Listen, it'd be real cool to catch up and all, but I gotta test ya to make sure you stay true to the trope, y'know? Besides, you know how much it gets my matter boiling to see people pretending not to validate me! OOOOOOH, I'm getting so giddy just THINKING ABOUT IT!" To illustrate the point, the Blobs let go of Charlie and forced a few air bubbles to the surface of their being, which eventually popped and left a small amount of murky green slime on the faces of Kuro and Kyomou.

"AND ALSO BESIDES! You haven't LIVED until you've loudly antagonized everyone around you in a place you aren't supposed to be loud! Don't knock it 'til you try it, bro! Might become a new hobby! OOOH, YOU'D BE SO GOOD AT IT, TOO! C'MON, YOU GOTTA GIVE IT A SHOT! LITERALLY, what's the WORST that could happen?! Like, give THIS GUY your best shot! LOOK AT 'IM, HE'S ASKING FOR IT!" They extended an appendage toward Kuro.

"And one more besides. I know you're trying to be intimidating and all. Like, that's kinda your thing. I get that. But it's a little hard for me to be scared of a lady who doesn't even have the guts to tell me to shut up herself, you dig? Like, what's she gonna do that doesn't make her look like a complete jackass? Sounds like a control freak with a massive superiority complex! WHOOPS, I DID IT AGAIN! I'M ON A ROLL TODAY!"

...Was Laura getting closer? Who could tell?
GuardianDreamer

Main Gate

Kazuko visibly paled as she saw Karen disappear. It was only thanks to Lamorak's quick thinking that Kazuko didn't just stand there, unsure of what to do. Lamorak closed his eyes, trying to stay focused. "Kazuko, don't allow your fear to control you. We may not know Karen's combat capabilities, but she's still a fighter, just like you. ... We need to enter ourselves. These aren't ideal circumstances, but we're fortunate to have so many of us gathered together. With so many of us here, we will not fall."

It was honestly a very calming speech, but it didn't get rid of all of Kazuko's anxiety. ... Still. If she was going to be anxious anyway, then she would at least be anxious with less regrets. She saw Thorne transform and realized that she should probably follow her lead.

... Wait. Was she supposed to say something before she transformed? Was she doing this wrong the entire time?!

"Um, uh... Transform! ... Henshin! ... Summon power! ... By the power of Grayskull? ... Megamerge?" Kazuko tried to offer, as absolutely nothing happened.

Lamorak floated in front of her. He was very clearly trying his best not to look confused. "Kazuko, none of that is necessary. Just do what you did before."

"Oh, um... Right."

Kazuko tried to recompose herself. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't asked Lamorak how transformation usually worked. She only knew the method that worked for her best. ... For her, that meant making herself feel as vulnerable and open as possible. To steady her heartbeat, and give all of her trust to Lamorak. It was always a bit strange, now that she thought about it. Whenever she got too serious about it, she just had to look at Lamorak again and remind herself that this was a cute plush polar bear who spoke and acted like an old man, and somehow that reminder would help her relax. Not that she was laughing at Lamorak, but it helped to have a reminder that it was best not to be too overly serious, lest she get even more unnecessarily nervous.

Her emotions were her own, and Lamorak's emotions were his own. Neither one could interfere with the other. But they would need to reveal their emotions, their strengths, and their weaknesses to each other in order to make sure the process went smoothly. Whenever she did this, she felt like she was looking at part of Lamorak's soul. They hadn't known each other long, really, but Kazuko felt like Lamorak's presence was very grandfatherly. Both of her biological grandfathers had passed away before she was born, so she could only guess, but that was the best way she could put it.

And that was when she felt a surge of strength and confidence. A belief and trust in herself that felt so natural that she could scarcely believe it. When she first looked at herself transformed using a mirror, she had felt jealous of herself, as strange as that was to say.

Of course, she was still the same Kazuko. But she did feel more confident. It felt like Lamorak was better able to reassure her this way too. One day, she would do her best to try to boost her own self-esteem too. Maybe Lamorak would rely on her. ... Of course, what she didn't realize was that Lamorak already relied on her a lot.

"Um... Ta-da? What do you think? ... Wait, that's not important. Thorne, maybe we should head in?" Kazuko suggested.

It was then that she remembered the bird that had faded from her mind due to the fact that she believed someone was in mortal danger. The potential ally that she had neglected. And as she turned around, she saw... Someone getting closer to them.

... This was awkward timing. Had she seen them transform? What was Kazuko even supposed to say? There was no way she could explain all of this well, so instead she decided to do it very badly.

"Hi. I'm Kazuko, my Seer's name is Lamorak. Um, uh... Look, I know we just met, but do you maybe want to help me save someone? She got dragged into that fog so we need to save her. Your Seer filled you in on everything, right?" Kazuko asked, tragically under the mistaken impression that everyone's Seers had provided them with as much information as Lamorak had given to her.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Main Gate

Upno getting a closer look at the crowd, Jane was already regretting coming near these people. Seeing their bright and flashy dresses it was like she had walked into an anime convention. She immediately started scowling.

The hell? Did the nerds at the anime club decide to go full geek today? What's with their get-ups? She thought. Maybe it wasn't too late to walk past them, she could just avert her gaze and limp on by like an ordinary crippled girl... Dammit one of them noticed her. This was going to be a pain to deal with.

Jane stopped in her tracks and leaned on her crutch, giving the girl an annoyed look. "...What? The hell are you going on about? Seers? Saving someone? Gee Cinderella, do I look like I'm in any shape to going around saving people?" She straightened up and glared at Kazuko in the eye. "Hmph. Maybe you should be saving me... and by that, I mean saving my time!"

"Friend!" Friend immediately hopped on to of Jane's head and started doing a little wiggly dance. "Friend is here! Let's go make more friends! Magical friendship for all! Let's gooooo!"

Jane's face twitched but she tried to ignore the bird as best she could. Even when Friend started tugging on her hair with his beak all it managed to do was annoy her more.

"More importantly, you can see this stupid bird? Because this pink piece of garbage has been bothering all god damn month and I am this close to ripping out each individual feather off his body and serving him up with a side of fries!"

"Fries are fun! Yay!" Friend says, completely unfazed by the threat on his life. If he even had one. "You can't spell friends without fries!"

I want to end him. So bad.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Hills High

Before Karen could even offer Thorne any further instruction, something was pulling at her leg. Apparently, this rift didn’t seem to want Karen to enter the Negative Zone on her own terms.

The Negative Zone

Karen’s skull rattled off the ground. Her eyes squeezed shut as her hands shot up to her head for protection. She blinked a few times in order to orient herself.

Where… am I?

“Karen, can you hear me?” Xuande asked, prodding his companion. “Karen, we’re in the Negative Zone. We need to transform. This is a dangerous place.” Karen propped herself up on her elbows. Standing before them was a menacing, hideous creature.

Oh god.

Karen slowly got to her feet. She held her forehead in one hand, and put the other out to find Xuande. He scampered up her arm and onto her shoulder. A cluster of vines appeared suddenly, as if from thin air.

That has to be from Thorne… Xuande is right. I need to fight this thing. I can’t just wait for help. I’ll be done for.

“Tiger Shield. Go.” Karen felt herself suddenly energized, her physical ailments fading away quickly. An ornate staff appeared in her right hand, and a shield emblazoned with a tiger emblem appeared in her left.

Karen rushed the being, using her staff to launch herself high into the air. She raised her weapon to strike, a blur of orange and black flying through the darkness of the Negative Zone.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
GuardianDreamer

Main Gate

"I mean... Yes? Yes I am asking you that... I think?" Kazuko said. If she weren't currently transformed and receiving a slight confidence booster, this was probably the part where she would have been breaking down completely, instead of breaking down only somewhat. In Kazuko's mind, Jane and Friend had already practiced their transformation several times by now and found a suitable way for Jane to fight that accommodated her handicap.

This little illusion was ruined when she heard the two of them talk more. ... This was an extremely bad situation. Did Jane seriously not know anything, or was this some kind of long-term prank? It was a bad time for it regardless. They needed to go help out Karen. Kazuko was a complete gay disaster, but she was NOT the kind of disaster who got into inane conversations in favor of rescuing someone! ... She hoped.

"... Um, so..." Kazuko wasn't sure where to even begin. She felt like she was supposed to deliver some kind of presentation, but she was doing it very badly.

Whatever. Maybe she could just explain it really really fast and hope that was enough?

"Um, so, we're all Magical Girls! Or maybe Magical Warriors, since I think it's a gender-neutral thing? Anyway, yeah! We do magic! We're gay and we fight crime, except for the ones who aren't gay, but they should still do the crime fighting part! I'm bonded with a talking polar bear named Lamorak and he gives me ice powers. Say hi Lamorak! ... Nailed it, go me..." Kazuko said, not thinking at all about what she was saying. As if to try to provide some kind of visual aid, she held up one of her hands... And encased it in ice for Jane to see that she was being very serious about this. She stopped it very quickly, because she did NOT want to get exhausted from just a demonstration and be useless in a fight.

"Pardon me. What Kazuko just explained isn't... Inaccurate. But allow me to fill in the gaps that she missed. As she said, my name is Lamorak, and I'm a Seer. That bird that follows you around, the one called Friend... He is your Seer. Currently, one of Kazuko's new friends was pulled into the Negative Zone -think of it as a dangerous area where combat takes place- by an enemy attacker. We need to ensure that her life isn't in mortal peril. Now, I understand that this is a lot to take in. My own summary is very rushed, and I'm sure you have many questions. I believe that best course of action would be for you to wait here while we fight the enemy. Once we've returned, we can explain more without any restraints on our time." Lamorak said. From Jane's point of view, he would have sounded like his voice was coming from very close to Kazuko somehow.

Right. That was a good enough summary, right? They could go save people, right???
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

As Karen transforms and lunges, the Ghoul remains still.

Seeming to be observing Karen.

Her fierce attack sailing across the sky at an unmoving opponent.

*SMACK*

A direct hit! The Ghoul's torso splashes into goopy pieces. It's legs deform and fall into a puddle.

Did....did she do it?

....Not quite it seems. From the puddle, the Ghoul rises right back up.

No longer so still it lets lose a loud roar and lunges at Karen, forcing its whole body forward like a missile, intent seeming to be a full body headbutt!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Main Gate:

"Chichichi!" Thorne heard Chili's laughter as her vines snapped apart in the fog, torn apart like a piece of twine. "Did you really think it'd be that easy?? Come on, the Negative Zone is a one-way trip!"

"Why didn't you TELL me that then." Thorne said through gritted teeth, scowling at nothing in particular. Great, she'd been a magical girl for two seconds and already making a fool of herself. The time for caution was past-- It was time to go in and fight.

"Wow, look at THAT guy," Chili went on, ignoring Thorne's question. Though she no longer had a physical form, Thorne could tell she was referring to the pink shoebill dancing atop the new girl's equally pink head. "Aren't you glad you don't have THAT hanging around? You should be grateful you have me."

"Alright, I'm going in." Thorne announced to no one in particular. "You're welcome to join me when you're done with... this."

With that, she charged forward, trying to keep from trembling as she approached the void. All at once, she felt something seize her, and lost all sense of control as everything blurred together, as she was pulled into the Negative Zone.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Main Gate

Jane pinched the bridge of her nose and gripped her crutch tightly. The headache all of this was giving her was nothing like she's dealt with before. This. All of this, the bird, their costumes, their tiny living plush toys, all of it would be so much easier to comprehend as magic, because that's what magic is. That's where you put all the stuff you don't understand. The bird? Magic. These people? Magic. Jane's complete anger towards everything that annoyed her and all her life problems stemming from that?

Hah, nice try. That one's on her.

"Friend is a seer! A seer of friends! We will all be friends, forever!" Friend exclaimed, clapping his wings. Jane exhaled and shifted her balance, grunting a little as she did so. Growing tired of Friend's nonstop wiggling, she grabbed the bird by his chain and threw him down into the concrete pavement.

"BOING!" Friend cried as he struck the ground, comically flattening himself for a split second before bouncing up into the air like a ball. "Yay fun! Friend play with Friend!"

Things could never be simple with this bird. Jane scowled and rubbed her head in frustration. Still, she saw a solution to all her problems in the form of Kazuko and her ice powers. "You know what, cool stuff there Cinderelsa. Maybe you can help me." She said, nudging friend closer to Kazuko with her bad foot. "Think you can freeze this bird and chuck him into that Nega-Zone or whatever the hell it's called?"

Jane looked around and squinted her eyes, her gaze coming to focus on a strange blurry space in the air near them. She hobbled over and looked back to Kazuko with a questioning glance, waving her crutch near the thing while she stood on one leg.

"Where is it even, is it this thing? It doesn't eve - Huh? What the..." Suddenly, Jane's crutch was caught on something in the air. At first, it was lightly tugging on her clutch, but after a few seconds it started pulling on it hard. The bird, who felt Jane's struggle, suddenly shot up and starting making a run towards the girl.

"Friend is in trouble! Friend will save you!"

And by saving, Friend meant tackling Jane into the other dimension.

"H-Hey, what gives? What the HEEEEAAARRRGGGH...!" A blast of pink light broke out the moment Friend collided with Jane. As the light faded away, there wasn't any trace of the two, for both had been sucked into the Negative Zone.

Negative Zone

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of pink, dazzling light as a girl came rolling out of the dimensional hole leading into the Negative Zone, landing square on her face.

*thud*

The girl lay still for a moment, face down. Instead of a school uniform, the girl was now wearing a faded-pink army jacket, close-fitting black cargo pants, steel-tipped combat boots shaped like talons and gloves tipped with razor sharp claws. Wrapped around her neck was a long scarf made of black feathers, with the very ends of the scarf resembling the claws of a hawk, ready to latch onto its prey. Lastly, in place of the crutch the girl had always relied on to help her walk... was a pink and black Anti-Materiel Rifle.

"Uurgh... what the hell..." Jane groaned, completely unaware of what was going on around her as she slowly regained her consciousness.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

Karen’s staff crashed through the Ghoul, causing it to cascade to the floor. Breathing heavily, she dropped to her knees to rest. She stared at the ground for a few moments before adjusting her bandana. After what seemed like an eternity for her, she looked back up.

That was… easy. Now how do I get out of here?

Karen’s thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Xuande’s voice.

“Karen! Use your shield!”

Without any further thought, Karen hoisted her shield up as she noticed the monster barreling toward her. This was going to hurt. The monster seemed to have re-formed and was determined to not be vanquished so easily. The ground seemed to shake as it charged forward and let loose a terrible roar. Karen braced herself for impact while her shield began to glow. She shut her eyes tight. The monster crashed into her with ferocious impact, crunching against her shield. The force of the impact launched Karen off her feet, sending her skidding several yards on her back. Karen coughed and looked back up at the beast.

Suddenly Karen noticed two more people had been pulled into the Negative Zone. She recognized Thorne, but not her companion. Xuande’s voice provided further clarity.

“Thorne has assumed her Magical Girl form and come to assist us. Her companion is also a Magical Girl. Our prospects in this battle have improved greatly. Do not strain yourself. Remember your strengths. Protect your friends.”

Karen nodded and climbed to her feet before sprinting toward Thorne and the new girl. She planted her staff in the ground, creating a barrier of orange light between the three Magical Girls and their opposition.

“I’ll protect you…” Karen grimaced as she used all her power to sustain the shield.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone:

I can do this. I'm a magical girl. Just like Cutie Gold. I can do this!

Thorne repeated those thoughts in her head as she opened her eyes to the Negative Zone, where she finally came face to face with the beast she was meant to slay: The Ghoul. She'd been preparing for this moment mentally, but the sight of it, this unnatural, impossible being-- She found her fingers trembling against her will, and she had to grit her teeth to keep them from chattering.

Get it together! You're Magical Girl Checkmate! Hold it together!

She had two allies with her-- Karen slammed her staff into the ground, creating a barrier between them and the monster. And the other girl, who appeared to have become avian in nature, and judging by the rifle around her arm... Thorne had a fairly good idea what her power was.

"Thank you, Miss Karen." Thorne said, standing close to her to take full advantage of the shield-- It helped also that being close to another person calmed her somewhat, giving her the assurance that this was real, and not just some twisted nightmare.

"Now, allow me!" She said, mustering up her bravado. She raised her fist, charging it with her magical energy, and struck the ground beneath her.

"Checkmate Monochrome Vine!" She shouted, as the magical energy became a series of thorns that grew downwards, underneath the ground, snaking rapidly towards the Ghoul-- Until a second later, they burst out from underneath the Ghoul, wrapping around it.

"You, Miss Scarf!" Thorne shouted, "Now's your chance!"