Nicky Boy's Art thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Re: Nicky Boy's Art thread

Post by Nicky Boy »

Missed me much? No?... Alright...

So, this specific animation... Well, since it's higher quality than the others, lets say the sprites I've made so far don't look so good now :random: . Nonetheless, I'm obviously talking about...

Isaac's close-up! Believe it or not, I didn't really change color count! I just raised it by one, because I didn't use two colours from the other sprites, but added three more.

Also, I'm pretty sure a little detail about Isaac can be seen clearly now. I'll leave it up to you to see what it is. And as always, talking version the OP (I'm probably getting repetitive, but it never hurts to let people know)
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

You did well to sprite that! Most people just increase the resolution on a sprite so it comes out all pixelated, but this it really clean!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Hehe, thanks! I have a thing for anti-aliasing, so I wouldn't be able to bear just a simple scale up LOL
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Well, well, well, what do I have for you? Another animation for Isaac, of course!

"But Nicky, I went to the OP and there was no new animation under his Close-Up!" I can hear you not say. I assure you, it is in the OP!

While you search frantically, Isaac is doing the same thing, too. It's one of those "there has to be something in here I've missed!" moments. Talking version is the OP, right after the normal version of this animation! Oh, and look carefully in his eyes. Especially in the talking one. This detail wasn't hard to make, but oh, did it take a gazillion frames (and a lot of time) to animate.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

LOL I love the expression!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

So, Isaac is getting closer and closer to completion! Only a couple of poses left! Woo! And then I'll have to make some for Astin, isn't it fu--

ImageImage
"If your completing me means more animations for Ast, just do it already!"

A-Alright, settle down, no need to get angry over this...
Crappy intro aside, Isaac's new animation is him Objecting! But, what is this?! He's pointing with his right arm! And he's a defense attorney! "What madness is this, Nick?", you may ask. Well, I just wanted something more unique, is all, so I shook things up a little. Hope you like it! Still and talking version in the OP.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Wow. Looking at it now, his entire sprite set looks great.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Late reply, but thanks!

So, Isaac has one animation left! (Actually, a set of animations, but since I'll release them all at once, I'll count them as one). Not to brag, but heh, you will not expect to see the variation of it.

While you cringe at my attempt to brag, Isaac is readying the argument that will rock the entire courtroom. I told myself I won't be copying any of the defence attorneys for his stance... so I copied Edgeworth :sawhit: (that one time doesn't count)

That said, since I just released his Smug pose and there's only one pose left, you know what that means, right? The next and last set of animations for Isaac will be him sweating. And I say "set of animations" because... well, you'll see. (And as always, talking version of the sprite in the OP)
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Sat May 18, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

LEGAL DOUBLE POST BECAUSE I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Did I scare you there for a bit? Sorry about that. I bet you looked like this:
You know what this means, though? That's right...

Isaac Phens is finally completed!

*insert gallery cheering here* Hooray! :pearlhappy: It's been quite a while since I started him, and I love that I actually got to finish his set! That also means I can start working on my case!... Well, kinda. I need Astin for that. But he won't appear much, so I can put some placeholders till it's time for that.

EDIT: I also just realised I need a mini Isaac sprite, but that will come with Astin. I did not get you all worked up for nothing :P

Anyway, I hope you like Isaac! I hope you also like those crappy intros I've had in each of his poses, because I'm gonna continue that. Oh, and by the way, I did not do less than what I said. The other sweating animation is right above this one in the OP! Just like the talking version of this, if you haven't learned that already
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Excellent!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Thank you!

So, I've almost finished my case, and as such, Isaac's mini, as well as a couple of animations for Asting and Melanthios have been added! Hyyyyyyype Also, what's this down my signature?... :apollo:

Also, forgive me if the following is frowned upon but, while my case is finished when it comes to graphics and dialogue, I lack some music, so if you can help, that would be appreciated! Here's my actual post in the Case Assistance topic No need for that since I got what I need.
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

I decided I should tease you with the location of the second case's crime: The School of Alternative Teaching for All Ages, aka SATAA! I'm willing to see any and all theories you might have about the school's name

I figured I might need multiple shots in different angles, so I made a simple model in blender (that cylinder is really annoying, though...). Some stuff about it: It's three storeys tall (the green-ish part is two storeys, then the pink pyramids are the third), it has numerous classes for most age groups that go to school (hence "for All Ages"), and Flora will be attending it!

That's it for now. Stay tuned from more updates!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"At last, at last, at long last..."

No, I'm not trying to summon the dead (get the reference?). At last, my first case is complete and available for you to play! Woo! :nod: Don't forget to play my case, it would mean a lot to me, but no pressure

As such, I've introduced another category in the OP: Case files. I don't wanna clutter it up more than it is, so stuff that you can use will just be up in their respective threads soonTM.

But wait, there's more! Astin has some new poses!

ImageImage

I, erm, don't really have a snarky comment this time, so... you get a free pass. Just this once. As always, talking versions in the OP!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Well, while I'm ready for playtesting to be over again, I present to you the character you have ALL be waiting for... I'm obviously talking about...

Flora's mother and Melanthios's Wife, Lilina Garnet!

Well, I don't have much for her at the moment, but the Phens family will get new poses soon!

Besides Flora and Melanthios, she's also related to Simon, who will be her nephew!

Anyway, I hope you liked her design! Simple, but to the point (fun fact, she has the sprite with the least amount of colors so far!) And as always... you know the drill... talking version in the OP!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

What's this? An update!

I've been helping with another project (I’m working as a spriter on the ‘Athena Cykes ~ Ace Attorney: Locks on the Heart’ team yay :pearlhappy: ) and so I haven't found the chance for a major update so... Have animated Simon (talking in OP)!

His story is... not the best, but it will be revealed all in due time.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage