[RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately

Still waiting for an answer, Sara took a seat and tried to wipe the spilled coffee from her jacket.

*Why did today have to be so today? Is this karma? For running away from that fight? For leaving Dairy Defender to fend for herself?*

Sara mentally sighed.

What if it was? Who was she to just leave her to her own like that.

...Maybe she deserved this?
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately-Althia:

Well it's over I guess...

Althia took a sip from her chocolate that her new friend had brought her, she just stood there, emotionless.

What else she could have done when her biggest secret was discovered? The one she feared the most, the one that she didn't even said to her parents had been discovered in a morning.

She took another sip and she started crying again, you could say Althia was... quite the sentimental girl.

But then, her friend also reacted to the question, in not a positive light, while Althia knew that getting glad over others people pain was wrong, it somehow made her feel comfortable, someone knew her pain, for the first time in her live, she wasn't truly alone.

She turned to the twintails girl and said, "You know, I am also in the closet with my parents so is ok if you are afraid."
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately - Sara

Sara slaps herself. Right across the face. Broken hand sailing straight into her cheek with a loud *SMACK* before sailing past her nose and back down to her side.

This is a dream right? That made sense didn't it.

I mean don't all dreams start with you waking up late, getting roped into a Super fight and then being asked if your a super in a coffee shop and trying to play it all cool until someone asks you directly if you're losing your mind.

They don't? That would be incredibly convoluted?

Well fine. Why not step all over my hopes along with my day.

In response to Althia's words of encouragement, Sara returned with a bright and beaming smile.

Or at least as bright and beaming as she could possibly fabricate.

So naturally she looked less the 'strong supportive role model' and more like a bunny rabbit stuffed animal that had been run over.

..after being attacked by a dog.

You know. That look.

I don't know a whole lot about closets and I can't even talk to my parents anymore. But I get being afraid. And right now I can't do that.

Sara takes another sip of coffee.

But when I get home I'm absolutely going to flip.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately - Althia:

Althia returned the girl's smile with another smile,it was nice.

She took another sip of her hot chocolate.

Despite all the chaos she started feeling like she was enjoying herself, the girl was the first person to know her secret, and she didn't hate her, she didn't even seemed surprised or upset.

She didn't spoke for a moment, she just wanted to enjoy having a drink with a friend, like a real friend.

Then she noticed she hadn't introduced herself.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I haven't even told you my name, I am Althia, Althia Pink, you can call me whatever, as long as it isn't something mean."

She laughed with her hand in her mouth, as all proper ladies should, or well that's what her mom always said.

"What about you?"
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately - Sara

Name? NAME? NAME!?

What name? MY NAME? INTRODUCE!?

Critical Error. Sara.exe has stopped working.

------------------------

Sara's mouth twitches, her smile seemed like it would fade in a second but she swiftly covered her face with her coffee and began sipping.

Okay Sara, calm down! You have maybe 3 seconds to come up with a good way to either give your name or explain why you can't. This isn't your first rodeo! Just tell her, in a calm, neat, sophisticated manner.

Sara was cool, calm and collected. Not really but she's been here before. She knew just how do hide her concern, her eyes didn't so much as twitch, her mouth was wrapped around her cup, not a concerned look to be found. She put on a strong face. Unbreakable, she was unbreakable!!

Sara put the coffee down on the table, smile returning to her lips.

No time had passed at all, as her mind raced miles and miles a second to find her answer.

And at last, she opened her mouth to introduce herself and....!!!!

No words came out.

She mentally pushed on the back of her throat but it seems her voice had abandoned her yet again.

DAAAAAAAAAAAMMIIT!!!!!!!!

This was the worst possible time to be choking!

I've done this like a millions times before, now should be no different!! Come ON me! Say it!!

But it was no use, begrudgingly, Sara slowly shut her mouth and instead presented a napkin to Althia.

[My name is Sara Hamara. It's nice to meet you, Althia!] A winking happy face was doodled next to the message.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately- Althia:

"Sara, what a pretty name."

And what a pretty face, Althia thought.

She couldn't stop looking at the girl, she was really pretty, way too pretty, Althia just didn't understood what she was feeling at the moment.

The chocolate started to cool down, but Althia didn't, she only warmed up more and more to her new friend, despite knowing her for not really that long.

"Hey, hmm, my mom has told me that I should not make friends with strangers but, is it okay if I consider you a friend, Sara?
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately - Sara:

A friend? In me?

If Sara was a robot, steam would burst from her ears. If Sara was an anime character her face would burn bright red.

If Sara's hand wasn't bleeding she'd use it to cover her face.

....She still just might.

F-F-F-F-F-FRIENDS!? I mean, is that something you even have to ask about?

Sara has had very limited friends in her life. And of them, none knew about her power. She could laugh and joke and do all kinds of silly normal things with them, tucking away her ability forever. But she always feared what would happen if it got out.

This kid's real nice. But how could I even promise to be her friend? We met by chance. And what would her parents think if they saw her talking to a slob like me? What would SHE think if she found out about my power?

Sara's face turned slightly dower. She downed the last of her coffee, in a big gulp and tried her hardest to look at Althia.

I gotta think of something fast. I'm probably upsetting her with my frowns.

So she held up a napkin for Althia, one that pained her to write but she felt was for the best.

[There are better people out there to be friends with then me.]
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately - Althia:

You could see the confusion on Althia's face at Sara's answer, she was surprised at how low she thought of herself, when Althia really liked her.

"Well I know I should not give my opinions when I am not asked, but, I think you are pretty cool." Althia blushed.

"Like you hurt your hand in order to cure mine with your superpower and and you also bought me chocolate and you have such pretty hair-"

Althia noticed what she just had said and turned into a tomato.

"...I think you are cool."
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately - Sara

"P-POWER!?"

All at once, Sara's voice jumped out of her throat.

It was a voice that seemed almost odd to come out of her. It sounded almost younger than it should. Almost innocent like.

"Wh-what power!? I don't have any power!"

After realizing what she just said, she clammed her hands down hard, covering her mouth.

I'm so dead!!!
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately - Althia:

Breath in, breath out and let all the evil out.

That was the mantra that Althia's grandmother gave to her when she was stressed, it was a way for her to calm down, which helped her when she received the news of her death, to this day Althia felt that no one had understood her like her grandma, the only person with powers that her parents allowed her to see.

"Sara it is ok to be you with me." And Althia's hand went directly to Sara's cheek, softly putting it on her as she used her powers on her.

"You have healing powers, like me." It was clear that Althia hadn't noticed that her ability, was more powerful than she thought.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately - Sara

Sara's eyes wandered downward. She curled up in her chair.

Not like she was afraid or anything, she just felt plain silly.

All that time spent trying to look cool....probably was a waste the moment she spat coffee all over herself.

And that's only if she even managed to look cool at all. A red blush formed over her, she looked at Althia in a way she's never looked at anyone before ever.

A face of complete and total embarrassment.

"Wh...what are you talking about?"

It seems yelling broke the seal on her voice, as now it came out completely naturally.

"Althia...I..."

Sara looked around the Cafe, the two from before were still there but it seems most everyone else ran away after Althia and the Red Head had their yelling fit from before.

Sara curls herself up tighter. She leans her wrapped up a body a little closer to Althia, her face in her arms and her arms around her legs. Her feet on the chair and her legs were right up against her chest.

"I'm...I..." Sara whispers to Althia, "I don't have healing powers...I..do something totally different actually."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

An old, rusted Cadillac pulled up to the curb near a coffee shop. The driver quickly exited the vehicle, not even bothering to lock it behind him. He badly needed a drink, and while a pub this was not, coffee would do nicely. This was his favorite establishment in this mess of a town anyways.

The bell rang as the man in the dark clothes and black glasses stepped into the Bean Lately Coffee shop, and walked up to the counter.

"Gimme a Ristretto, no sugar." Oscar Jones said, resting his boney arms on the counter. "The biggest size you've got."

"Rough day, huh, buddy?" The dead-eyed barista replied, dutifully starting to make the drink.

Oscar stared back equally, eyes equally dead behind his pitch dark glasses. "You have no idea."
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately - Althia:

She doesn't have healing powers... no, she is just being silly, hihi! She probably don't understand the whole range of abilities of hee power.

That's what the innocent Althia thought, not even realizing that Sara was telling the truth...probably.

How could Althia not know herself? She knew she was a lady! A lady wouldn't have a power so obscene as transfering one's pain.

"Oh you are right my dear Sara!" Althia said with a big cute smile.

"Oh look!" She took 3 steps out of Sara's personal space. "Someone new has arrived." And her finger pointed at a big man
DSY

Post by DSY »

Beam Lately - Sara

....Did I mess up? AGAIN?

Sara couldn't explain why, but somehow she felt as though she upset her new friend.

Was it her voice? It was probably her voice. She was told she was annoying.

Or maybe it was the way she was balling herself up. Maybe it was her hair.

Or maybe it was her power.

Maybe, even among other Supers, having powers was weird. Not like Sara knew basic Supers protocol, this was basically the first time she's ever even spoken to a Super....as far as she knows.

I must look like the biggest idiot ever right now...I just want to run away, but I need to wait for Ice Cream lady to come back with my phone.

Sara scoots away from Althia and tries to put herself back into a normal position...

...until Althia points out the new person in the room.

Someone new? Here? In the shop? Right now!?

And then Sara panicked a little bit.

Quietly.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Bean Lately:

“Here’s your coffee,” The cashier put the drink down in front of Oscar. “That’ll be $8.69.”

Oscar slowly reached into his pocket for his wallet— But it wasn’t there. Oh. Right. In all the confusion earlier, he must have left it in the car. Can nothing go right for him today?? Just once, he wanted to win!

He should turn around and go grab his wallet. But he didn’t instead, Oscar reached into his coat, grabbed something, and leaned towards the counter.

“Actually,” He said, calmly, like he’d just decided what meal to order, “I think this’ll be a robbery.”

With that, he pulled a handgun from his jacket and aimed it squarely at the cashier.

“Hand over everything in the register!” Oscar said, grinning. With his other hand, he picked up the coffee and took a long, satisfied sip. “Ooh, that’s good.”