Is it possible to change the Magatama sprite itself?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Aviivix
Spoken languages: English

Is it possible to change the Magatama sprite itself?

Post by Aviivix »

I've got a case set in a different universe that would use something else instead of the AA-universe's Magatama for Psyche Locks. Is there any way to change that icon when starting Psyche Lock conversations, or do I just have to suspend disbelief when clicking the Magatama icon?

While I'm posting might as well ask this too; is it possible to get evidence to pop up when it's added to the Court Record like in the games rather than just having the text with a corner pop-up?
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Re: Is it possible to change the Magatama sprite itself?

Post by 123fendas »

Aviivix

Post by Aviivix »

No, I know that one. I'm talking about having the evidence show up in a window in the middle, with the description and all. It's used in the games when something is added to your Court Record.

123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

Aviivix wrote:
No, I know that one. I'm talking about having the evidence show up in a window in the middle, with the description and all. It's used in the games when something is added to your Court Record.

That's not in the DS versions; that's in the remasters.

Though I see now that in the DS versions, when a piece of evidence is added to the court record, the type of evidence and whence it came is shown.

To implement either type, you would have to make your own popups.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

fendas is right. If you want an example of this, take a look at the Popups tab of Imperishable Turnabout Part One. It would be nice to get this added as an AAO feature out-of-the-box... I'll add it to my to-do list.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Aviivix

Post by Aviivix »

Thank you - and about the Magatama sprite? Can that be changed, or is it stuck looking like the Magatama?

(Also, hope you don't mind me stealing those fades... lol)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The owner of those fades has made those public resources.

Yeah, that is stuck as the magatama icon for now. In theory, that could be generalized... I'll look into it and see how easy that would be. The hard part will probably be the editor interface.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Aviivix

Post by Aviivix »

Gotcha, thank you so much for the information! (Will totally keep an eye out for that if it ever happens in the future.)