[T][C] The Gobsmacked Turnabouts: Brenden's Lament

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

ClaudiaMelodia
Spoken languages: English

[T][C] The Gobsmacked Turnabouts: Brenden's Lament

Post by ClaudiaMelodia »

A famous celebrity has been iced.

A mythical creature is thought to be involved.

A literal dog is sitting on the defendants bench.

This bizarre trial comes with a weird but full mystery to be solved. We hope you have fun traversing this strange adventure!

TRIAL URL:
http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=109453

I would really like it if you told me what you thought, even if it is criticism! Thanks for giving this post a gander. Have a great day!
coolbrad888

Re: [T][C] The Gobsmacked Turnabouts: Brenden's Lament

Post by coolbrad888 »

It's clear after playing this, that this trial is DEFINITELY not meant to be taken seriously, and I'm going to judge it for what it is.

The Good:
Spoiler : :
The absurdist humor was pretty well done. I enjoyed defending a dog, and fighting off a demonic being. Also the combination of Phoenix and Edgeworth in the courtroom is always welcome, and getting to see them interact from Edgeworth's point of view is particularly gratifying. I found Amy Schumer being portrayed as guy eldoon to be pretty funny, and in general there are some laughs to be had here. I also thought the "where are they now" segment at the end was pretty neat, and I haven't seen it done before. Also the gameplay was surprisingly solid for a comedy trial, and I found most of the contradictions to be pretty fair.
The Less Good
Spoiler : :
I'm afraid to say that this trial is not very polished. Characters appear and disappear a lot, and there was no text beeping throughout nearly the entire thing. In most of the third cross examination and the entirety of the final one, there's no press dialogue, and the failure dialogue tends to be pretty lazy (and doesn't exist in the third cross examination). Not to mention it doesn't actually penalize you, and if you get failure dialogue in the final cross examination, the camera doesn't actually go back to the Brendenator and instead stays on Edgeworth. A lot of the comedy is pretty juvenile (which isn't my cup of tea, but plenty of people could enjoy it). Also the trial isn't super consistent. Max's description says that he's lovable, but he's actually pretty crude and vulgar on the stand, and Schumer's profile says her gender is questionable, but her description refers to her as a woman. You also throw a lot of swears around, which I'm not personally offended by, but I'm not sure how appropriate it is on a site like this (though you also use a slur near the end, which depending on who you are, could be pretty morally questionable).
Conclusion:
This trial is very trippy, and if you enjoy absurdist humor, you could get a kick out of it. It's not exactly a masterpiece, but there were some golden nuggets in there that are worth checking out.
In case you were wondering, my name isn't actually Brad.

Oh, and here's my obligatory trial plug.
ClaudiaMelodia

Post by ClaudiaMelodia »

EDITED REPLY (for brevity):

Thank you for the kind words and feedback, as well as constructive criticism. I really appreciate it!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

coolbrad888 wrote:You also throw a lot of swears around, which I'm not personally offended by, but I'm not sure how appropriate it is on a site like this (though you also use a slur near the end, which depending on who you are, could be pretty morally questionable).
Answer: Not appropriate and in violation of case rules. I've set the trial to private.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ClaudiaMelodia

Post by ClaudiaMelodia »

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that the website was oriented towards a more family friendly audience. I apologize for the crude humor and use of swearing, and I won't post anything that violates the case rules again