Looking Back (Awards Ceremony is out!)

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Re: Looking Back

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Super legenda wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:36 pm Gem Thieving Turnabout, by FenrirDarkWolf and DreAmCatcher.
Themes Used: Keeping it Simple, They Shall Not Kill, Roulette Rules (Brave New World)
Spoiler : risefromtheashes'sReview :
*takes off fursuit head* "You were saying?"
- Kristoph Gavin

Overview: Theft, gem vore, and scalies. (Like furries, but with scales.) There are also furries.

Story: Pretty short, but sweet. No major complaints here - though I don't have a lot to say. I wish the case had had a bit more length and substance to it, but for what it was, it was like a cute little fairy tale. I enjoyed it!

Presentation: The best part of this case! LOTS of custom sprites made by DreAmCatcher that I really enjoyed, and some custom evidence! The PLvPW music used was actually quite fitting - it reminded me of "The Enchanted Turnabout" by Ana_.

Gameplay: There weren't a lot of gameplay moments - a couple of short cross-examinations, and a few moments to present evidence. Not much, but nothing wrong with that!

Theme Relevance: Nobody died, the universe was not AA's, and the case was simple. Well done!

Conclusion: I do want to say that while my review for this case is very short compared to the others, as this case is quite short, that is not a complaint. I enjoyed this case! It's a wholesome, short and sweet fanfiction type of deal, and I think it does a good job of being that. Well done to Fenrir and DreAm!

Super legenda's review:
Spoiler : :
I agree, that's a pretty common thought.

Overview: Don't you just like, really hate it when you just want to relax with your friends in a nice cabin in the woods, but then someone just steals all the snacks? Well, that did not happen to me, but I'd be angry for sure.

Story: The case is short and simple, but still pretty nice, it's an unique setting with really unique characters, which really adds to this short fun plot!

Presentation: The case's strongest aspect by a lot, everything is custom and unique, there are no humans in sight, but rather, fantastic creatures, which is just awesome, the locations looks pretty good, and the music is solid too.

Gameplay: This is also pretty simple, with some examining for evidence and a few cross examinations, but it still works, and also the case actually contains a Super Objection (for the ones that don't know, basically presenting 2 or more pieces of evidence at once in one statement), and is good.

Theme Relevance: The case is about someone stealing food (actually gems which the characters eats) and nobody dies, the setting is truly unique and in a completely different world, and the case is simple but still fun.

Conclusion: The case is really pretty short, but remember, lenght says nothing about quality, the case has enough length to be good, plus an extremely unique setting and characters and everything else, this case is really enjoyable.

Well... Wow, all of the reviews have been posted! Now... we only need to work on the Awards ceremony, which will probably take some time, as we have planned many cool things, just for you!
kfhdsjklfdsk
IM SO GLAD YOU GUYS ENJOYED IT
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:06 am
Super legenda wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:36 pm Gem Thieving Turnabout, by FenrirDarkWolf and DreAmCatcher.
Themes Used: Keeping it Simple, They Shall Not Kill, Roulette Rules (Brave New World)
- Kristoph Gavin

Overview: Theft, gem vore, and scalies. (Like furries, but with scales.) There are also furries.

Story: Pretty short, but sweet. No major complaints here - though I don't have a lot to say. I wish the case had had a bit more length and substance to it, but for what it was, it was like a cute little fairy tale. I enjoyed it!

Presentation: The best part of this case! LOTS of custom sprites made by DreAmCatcher that I really enjoyed, and some custom evidence! The PLvPW music used was actually quite fitting - it reminded me of "The Enchanted Turnabout" by Ana_.

Gameplay: There weren't a lot of gameplay moments - a couple of short cross-examinations, and a few moments to present evidence. Not much, but nothing wrong with that!

Theme Relevance: Nobody died, the universe was not AA's, and the case was simple. Well done!

Conclusion: I do want to say that while my review for this case is very short compared to the others, as this case is quite short, that is not a complaint. I enjoyed this case! It's a wholesome, short and sweet fanfiction type of deal, and I think it does a good job of being that. Well done to Fenrir and DreAm!

Super legenda's review:

Overview: Don't you just like, really hate it when you just want to relax with your friends in a nice cabin in the woods, but then someone just steals all the snacks? Well, that did not happen to me, but I'd be angry for sure.

Story: The case is short and simple, but still pretty nice, it's an unique setting with really unique characters, which really adds to this short fun plot!

Presentation: The case's strongest aspect by a lot, everything is custom and unique, there are no humans in sight, but rather, fantastic creatures, which is just awesome, the locations looks pretty good, and the music is solid too.

Gameplay: This is also pretty simple, with some examining for evidence and a few cross examinations, but it still works, and also the case actually contains a Super Objection (for the ones that don't know, basically presenting 2 or more pieces of evidence at once in one statement), and is good.

Theme Relevance: The case is about someone stealing food (actually gems which the characters eats) and nobody dies, the setting is truly unique and in a completely different world, and the case is simple but still fun.

Conclusion: The case is really pretty short, but remember, lenght says nothing about quality, the case has enough length to be good, plus an extremely unique setting and characters and everything else, this case is really enjoyable.

Well... Wow, all of the reviews have been posted! Now... we only need to work on the Awards ceremony, which will probably take some time, as we have planned many cool things, just for you!
kfhdsjklfdsk
Well, it was an enjoyable experience, so of course, it'd be enjoyed!
clcman

Post by clcman »

DJJ6800 wrote: Just as long as it doesn't take forever to do *coughclcmancough* it'll be great!
Yeah, don't try to take on the best.
Spoiler : Ash, to me, when the ceremony comes out in two years: :
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:06 am
- Kristoph Gavin

Super legenda's review:

kfhdsjklfdsk
Of course!!
clcman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 am
DJJ6800 wrote: Just as long as it doesn't take forever to do *coughclcmancough* it'll be great!
Listen, I will actually get this stuff done on time! Unlike your entry! BOOM, ROASTED!

...But seriously, you have some time before we finish the ceremony to get something in for brownie points and shock that you actually completed something. Come on, you can do it!!
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

clcman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 am
Bold to assume we'll take that long, we'll finish in a record time just for shout :takethat:
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Update: We did not kill ourselves while adding the characters.
risefromtheashes

Super legenda wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 am Update: We did not kill ourselves while adding the characters.
Only took me five hours to edit two sets, upload 350 images to Imgur, and hotlink every single one of them! (SL helped a bit, I promise.)
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

risefromtheashes wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 am
Super legenda wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 am Update: We did not kill ourselves while adding the characters.
Only took me five hours to edit two sets, upload 350 images to Imgur, and hotlink every single one of them! (SL helped a bit, I promise.)
And I thought I had too much time on my hands. /hj
risefromtheashes

Awards ceremony is 300 frames underway! Hopefully, we should have it finished in the next week!
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:

----------
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Wowzers, that's a ton! Take your time, don't worry!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Jeez! I guess this ceremony really is gonna be big! I can't wait!
Image Image
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Rememeber when we just told you 12 hours ago that we already made 300 frames? Well, make it 500.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Super legenda wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 pm Rememeber when we just told you 12 hours ago that we already made 300 frames? Well, make it 500.
Geez. You guys are making tons of progress there. Good work! Keep it up! You can do it!

Totally not sucking up to you so you'll declare me the winner.
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

DJJ6800 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:37 pm
Super legenda wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 pm Rememeber when we just told you 12 hours ago that we already made 300 frames? Well, make it 500.
Geez. You guys are making tons of progress there. Good work! Keep it up! You can do it!

Totally not sucking up to you so you'll declare me the winner.
Thanks! Yeah, we are truly trying to not take one month for the ceremony, we are really excited to share this!

Your trickery won't work on me!
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

DJJ6800 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:37 pmTotally not sucking up to you so you'll declare me the winner.
Smh my head, how could you??? This kind of behavior is unacceptable!

Totally not taking SL's side to give myself a better image
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage