[RP] Hero Heights - Superhero High-School!

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Re: [RP] Hero Heights - Superhero High-School!

Post by Topaz »

Gymnasium

Any conversation the students were having is cut short by the sound of a microphone squealing. The speakers set up in all four corners of the gymnasium clicked on, and out of them came Iron Maiden's voice.

"Uhhhh. Mic test? Mic test? Okay. Uh. If you'd all make your way outside, we've prepared your battlefields on our track and field course. It's right outside the gym, you can't miss it. Uh... See you outside." he explained, sounding like he had his mouth a bit too close to the microphone.

The students filtered outside, and were faced with a large running race track that had been marked into four separate areas. In each one stood a staff member, the opponents of each team. Using common sense, each team moved to the same area that their opponent was standing in. This was where the battle would take place.

"Okay, they're all here!!" this time, it wasn't Iron Maiden speaking, but a slender young man in his early twenties, with a loudspeaker taking the place of the inside of his mouth. To anyone who watched worldwide sporting events, or big concerts, this man was instantly recognisable. He was "MC", the superhero whose power was to control sound waves. "Cameraman, make sure you're getting all this! After all, today we're gonna see the most anticipated hero event of the year!"

Nerves ran high as everyone realised that their battles were about to be broadcast. Was it nationwide? Perhaps worldwide? Whatever the case, the weight of this test suddenly felt even heavier. The students all faced their opponents, as walls of light were erected around all four battlefields, keeping them isolated. There was no roof to the arenas, but the see-through walls were almost indestructible as they were.

Battlefield 1 (Team 1)

"Hi. Sorry to disappoint you, but I never go easy on the new blood. But, uh, don't worry. As I said, you don't have to win or anything... And I'll even let you start things off! So, uh, go ahead."

Iron Maiden opens his arms to show the team that he's not about to attack, and leaves the initiative to them.

Hiyoko steps back and tightens the sweater tied around her waist. "Anyone got anything they wanna get out of the way?"

Battlefield 2 (Team 2)

"Let's make this short and sweet. I have deadlines to meet on my monthly report. Which means I'm not going to hold back, got it?"

Clarise kicks off her high heels, and stares down the students in a battle-ready pose. Looks like she's waiting for somebody to start the fight. While all that was happening, Anna had become totally invisible by removing her clothes. Nobody could tell where exactly she was, but her outfit was laying neatly folded up in a corner.

Battlefield 3 (Team 3)

Aster slowly pulls his glasses away from his face, and as he does so his pupils seem to spark. Following that, a trail of electricity flies through his eyebrows and jolts off into thin air at the end. He puts his glasses in his blazer's pocket, and adjusts his white gloves.

"As the head of the disciplinary committee of our fine school, let me give you a taste of what happens to rule breakers if a stern lecture isn't enough." Aster taunts, as his hair shoots up, and bolts of electricity fly out of each single strand. Looks like his power was definitely no secret now.

"A-hahaha! Electricity is no match for me!" yells Hiro, who is standing directly in front of Aster "Getting into Hero Heights will be a piece of cake!"

Battlefield 4 (Team 4)

"Ja-ja-jaaaaan! Love and peace! Ritsu is here, everyone! It's your Student Council Hero Club President! Look at all these cute juniors I get to have! Fighting you should be super fun, right?" Ritsuko makes a loud entrance, and as soon as she's done, her hair shoots out from shoulder length to reaching the ground. It then gains liveliness, and stands up as a mass of chestnut-brown tentacles.

"What a strange power," Halbert notes "But I think we can deal with it if we work together. Let's do this, guys!"
Spoiler : OoC :
And let the fights commence. Insert your own battle music if you want to.
lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Post by lazyplague »

Team 2

"Oh... The clothing died." Sunny said, staring at the pile of clothing that had contained Anna.
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Team 2

"Excuse you! I am very much alive over here!" a voice yells from a few metres away. It was very distinctly Anna's voice. She then moves away so Clarise couldn't tell where she was.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Team 2

The first action Henry took in the battle was... To stare at the pile of clothing and suddenly realize that Anna was invisible and naked. How could someone invisible be naked in the first place? Wouldn't they have to have a visible body to be appealing while na - whatever, that wasn't important right now. Taking his mind off the clothing, Henry took out a pen he'd been keeping in his pocket and uncapped it. The pointy end glinted in the light. He turned to face Sunny. "I have a pen. Don't worry."

Oh, he knew that sounded really random. But he also had taken out a piece of paper in his pocket, for he thought he'd need tools for the day. He had a feeling. "Oh, and by the way - just tell me if you need anything. You have 3 wishes between you and the invisible girl. Use them wisely." With that, Henry sat down in a cross-legged position and laid the paper on his lap, pen in hand, ready to write and/or stab.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Team 2

"Oh, okay. You're alive then, just not possessing the same clothing. You must be a ghosty-goo." Sunny said, diverting her attention to Henry.

"I want a... a debit card for five hundred bucks, a basket filled with ham sandwiches with a variety of toppings, sauces, and other sandwich add-ons wrapped in aluminum foil, annnnndd... A flashlight for later." She said, looking up in the sky with a lack of care. She didn't seem to care enough to think of a strategic use of this system. She stepped forward towards Clarise and addressed her "Seems I'm going to be the only straight-forward person. Interesting enough, I suppose. Hope you don't mind."

Suddenly, shining material started to appear over her, covering Sunny head to toe. Eventually, everything about Sunny was impossible to see, as she was covered in the glowing armor. She then clapped her hands together and then brought them apart slowly, revealing a long string of light between her hands, slowly growing longer and thicker until it was almost whip-like. She stopped producing the light after a few seconds, ending the whip's length at seemingly around 9 feet long. She grabbed one of the the left end with the corresponding end.

"I'm imagining that you're going to masterfully dodge this, but hey; let's go for it." Sunny said as she started running towards Clarise, swinging the whip of light at the woman.
Gav

Post by Gav »

Team 2

"...That really wasn't what I meant, but your wish is my command." He wrote using the pen on the paper. A debit card worth $500 appeared on the ground next to Henry, but he needed to take care; it had edges sharp enough to cut bone-deep. That would be satisfying enough to do him some good, thought Henry. Sure enough, when he looked around, there was the debit card, lying on the floor and looking sharp. He couldn't pick it up by the edges, though, or else he'd be cut bone-deep. Huh. That was puzzling. He could write up a pair of tongs, but that would be a waste of a sentence. Perhaps if he balled up one of the invisible girl's pieces of clothing...

15 seconds later

Uh-oh. Now her clothing was ruined. He made a mental note to write the clothing fixed after the battle. Sunny was charging at the nurse with a whip made of light... What to do? Well, he could always give Sunny her ham sandwiches. A basket of ham sandwiches and radioactive sandwiches appeared next to the debit card of doom, sporting a partition dividing the two kinds of sandwiches.

Hey, it was a basket of ham sandwiches! The radioactive sandwiches were of use to the battle, so Henry picked one up and threw it in the nurse's general direction. He hoped the radioactive stuff was strong enough. "I got your ham," he shouted. "It's over here."

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Team 2

Sunny's whipping looked erratic enough to catch Clarise off at least once, but as it turns out, she was able to skillfully dodge every crack. Her dodges felt very subtle, and she moved as little as she could. In fact, she even had time to talk while avoiding light-whips and sandwiches.

"You kids didn't do your research, did you? My ability lets me see things in slow motion, and when combined with my superspeed, I can easily avoid all of these uncoordinated attacks. Rushing recklessly won't win you any points."

Clarise suddenly puts up her hand, and catches an invisible punch. She then swings her arm, and a thud can be heard as Anna hits the floor somewhere.

"I can also feel in slow motion too, you realise? You may be invisible, but that doesn't stop the air around you from moving."
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Team 2

"Oh, lame. With a superhero name like yours, I was expecting something much more cool. All you can do is see things really slowly." Sunny said, then she yawned, "Just the thought of everything being slower makes me tired, really." Obviously she took this much less seriously now, as the whip of light dissipated. She scratched the back of her head, and started calmly walking towards Clarise. Casually.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Team 4 - Vs Ritsuko:

Strange power? Yeah, you're one to talk... Declan thought, glancing around. Well this was great. On top of everything else, his friends everywhere would be watching as he got his ass kicked. Great. People he didn't even know would likely be whispering about him for years to come; that one mohawk-wearing dumbass who got flayed in the tryouts.

Seeing as he didn't have much of a choice, Declan reluctantly hefted his iron fists up to his face. He glanced over at his partners, making sure to fall back a bit despite being the fighter with the least amount of range. He squinted a bit, trying to make out the foe through his rather clouded eyes.

Alright, I'll fall back, try to hit and fade. If she gets close, I'll throw a few jabs, but nothing more. Keep safe. Right...

Part of him began to wonder what his father would do in a situation like this; the Wild Stallion likely found himself in showdowns like this at least once per day. Declan's brow furled as he thought of his father; yeah, that's what he wanted. To be just like dear old dad. His fists tighten involuntarily, as he felt the urge to punch something rise.

Team 3 - Vs Aster:

"Not bad," Val muttered, twirling her staff confidently, "Looks like I've found myself an even match."

With that, Valencia Voltic began to step forward-- Only to find Hiro standing directly in front of her target. She frowned; that wasn't good. Hadn't he been listening to the plan!? Gah, forget it, she'd just have to wing it. Despite her bravado and confident smirk, Val found herself a tad unnerved by her opponent. Even so, she was ready for anything now.

Alright then, pal. Don't want to stick to the plan, then don't blame me when you get hurt.

Valencia quickly assessed the situation. A boxed in arena with no roof and walls of indestructible light. No metal of any kind nearby to weaponize nor pull herself with, so she'd have to rely on brute strength and her sheer skill. A fitting handicap. Val relished the challenge. She might even get to bust out the Surge Slicers. With that in mind, she quickly backed away, spinning her staff experimentally. While Hiro blocked his field of view, Val quickly formulated a plan of attack. She had no idea if her electric attacks would even phase her opponent, but she could be sure that a 7-foot long rod of metal would leave quite the mark.

Okay. Here goes nothing.

With a running start, Val took off, spinning the staff above her head. As she approached the wall, she quickly slammed her Lightning Rod into the ground, vaulting herself onto the side of the energy wall. Her boots slammed against the wall of power, pinning her just above her opponent, her eyes flashing with excitement as she launched off the wall. As she hurtled downwards, she raised the staff above her head, and swung it down upon Aster like the hammer of Thor.

Bolt... CRUSHER!
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Team 3

Aster let an annoyed expression briefly cross his face at Hiro's taunting.

"You have been given" he catches a punch from Hiro "the chance to join our school." he catches another "I hope that" and one more "you do not take me so lightly, first year."

Even with Hiro's moderate superspeed, Aster is able to perfectly catch his punches, and discharge shocks to do some damage in return. But considering this, that means he couldn't have been paying attention to Val, right?

"Hmph." he grunts, as he glares at Val, still in mid-attack "You'll never be able to win if you telegraph yourself like that."

As Val's staff swings towards Aster, the atmosphere of the room suddenly changes. Everybody in this specific battlefield feels a brief static shock, and when they next see Aster, his entire head appears to be constantly emanating strong electric pulses. So strong, in fact, that they push away Val's staff to the degree that, when it lands, it doesn't even hurt the vice president.

"I regret that I needed to show you my full power, but as I we've all said, there's no reason to go easy on the new blood."
Gav

Post by Gav »

Team 2

"We're in a pickle. That's one strong ability. Unless... Sunny, Invisible girl, could you come over here for a second?"

Henry had something in mind. Granted, he had no idea it was going to work, and it probably wouldn't, but he had something in mind. Besides, Clarise's ability was not directly harmful; they could converse in peace for a few seconds before she had the ability to do any real damage to the team.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Team 4

Yeah, sure, "fun". Not high among the list of words I would use to describe this. Oh well, I should really keep the complaints to myself for once. If I'm being serious, then I think I'd prefer to actually pass than to fail.

Shugo did a few stretches in the time he was given before the start of the battle, then tried to get into something that vaguely resembled a battle stance, though it was pretty clear that he was just making stuff up as he went along. He wasn't a trained fighter, so it wasn't like he knew how to actually get into a proper battle stance, but his 'fake' battle stance was still better than how he had been standing before.

It was then that Shugo thought about whether to try something really stupid or not. Whether to use his power in this situation... It didn't take a genius to see the resemblance that Ritsuko's hair tentacles had to an octopus' tentacles. So would using his power be a really bad idea since octopi are associated with water, or was he just overthinking it too much...? And if he did use his power, did he want to go for healing, or the debilitating rain?

Oh well. Acting stupid was a thing a lot of 'heroes' did, right?

"Hey, 'partners'... Going to use my rain power now. Might be an extremely dumb idea. If it is, I'll cancel it out. Just keep in mind what that'll do to your skills. And hey, if nothing else... Maybe she'll be so amazed by how dumb I am that you'll get an opening. So yeah, you should totally hope I get my ass kicked." Shugo said to his team members with a wry smile. He raised one hand towards the sky out of habit, even though it was a completely unnecessary gesture.

Might as well make this seem more dramatic for the cameras, right? ... Okay. Focus... Light Rain: Debilitate!

Rain fell in the surrounding area, an all-too familiar sight to Shugo. Though he didn't call any special attention to it, as the rain hit his skin, his skin undeniably turned blue-ish, though not completely. He took a deep breath and then ran towards Ritsuko as fast as he could, planning to attempt a sliding kick once he got closer in order to knock her off balance.

"Time for a fool's first attack."
Spoiler : OOC Note :
Topaz has informed me that there's some sort of magic at work so that the rain doesn't get to the other areas. In other words, it won't impact the other team fights at all.

Also yes, I do totally expect Shugo to not escape from this unscathed, but I figured that it... Made for a better story/fight, I guess?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Team 2

"What kind of approach is this? Are you taking me for a fool?" Clarise was somewhat disappointed in Sunny's tactics, and decided to reprimand her for them.

In an instant, Sunny could feel a fairly powerful punch to her gut, and Clarise now behind her.

"You're just students, and I'm very interested in seeing your potential, but that sort of thing only works in comic books. You'll never put someone's guard down like th-" As she was lecturing Sunny, Clarise suddenly doubled over out of nowhere. As fast as she could, she grabbed the now obviously present Anna and pushed her away, while retreating away from her previous position.

"Hohoho! You might be able to feel me coming, but if I was already there, you'll have no time to react!" Anna taunts from behind Sunny, and then immediately moves to Henry to hear his proposal, while Clarise rethinks her strategy.

Team 4

"Wha?! They never told me this was a power... Now I'm all wet!" Ritsuko complains at the sudden shower. She shrugs, and sets off a hair tentacle towards the oncoming slide kick. The tentacle grabs Shugo's ankle, and lifts him into the air. "Gotcha!" she chimes, then swings Shugo around, but the water around the tentacle causes it to slip, and Shugo goes flying towards a wall.

"O-Oopsie! Didn't mean to- Ow ow ow!"

Halbert's eyeballs start flying into Ritsuko, pelting her. Despite how little damage it's doing, Ritsuko certainly isn't enjoying it.
Gav

Post by Gav »

Team 2

"Anna, I have a plan," whispered Henry. "You need to trip Clarise when I give a signal which is going to be me shouting 'RHINO OH MY GOD.' Clarise will turn and see a rhino. From there, we'll bind her legs so she can't move and then take care of the rhino. Got it?"

Henry smiled. His plan was foolproof.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Team 2

Sunny let out an urk as she stood through the punch, "Take you for a fool? Yeah, I do." She said, as she stood up straight again, shrugging off the punch the best she could. She looked over at Clarise, "You're fast, I'll admit I underestimated that. Your ability is mostly mental and kinda fast! Anything else is on my level!"

No super strength, no insta-death moves. I'm actually kind of excited to think of various ways to fight back. Sunny thought as she looked around the area; nothing too helpful. Oh well.

Sunny clapped her hands together, and pulled them away again, making a thick rope of sunlight. As it produced, one end started going towards the ground, the other was coming out of her hand. In her other hand, a long rod-ish light appeared, completely stiff. Sunny hit it against her leg a bit, and decided it was hard enough. With that, she started running towards Clarise again, leaving the rope of rope on the ground while it gradually got longer.

It kept growing and growing.