Insane little habits

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Singapore123
Spoken languages: English, 1337, french, spanish,

Re: Insane little habits

Post by Singapore123 »

That must hurt?
Cardiovore
Spoken languages: English

Post by Cardiovore »

Every time I see a strange name or word, I always try reading it backwards in case it's been subliminally reversed.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

I tend to be doing a lot of Edgeworth's gestures these days. The headshake, Young!Edgey finger-wag, the tap on the head, mainly and everything else in smaller doses... ^_^'

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

enigma wrote:What insane little habits do you have?

For example, I seriously, honestly keep thinking that everyone on this site looks exactly like their AV, except for mimi who I think looks like her sig. Weird, no?
I do that all the time...

That means that I think a bunch of you nuts have the same body, but with freakish faces.
AABattery wrote:I base the person's seriousness on their avi. I can't read a serious post right if the poster has a silly avi. XD

Also, I tend to make faces when I draw, usually the same face of the character I'm drawing.
I do that when watching movies, and imagining what faces they SHOULD be making to make people believe things. (long Story)
enigma wrote:Well, to be honest there are a few exceptions when the persons AV is just text. I've always thought you look like, no offence, Kabuto from Naruto and I literally believe that Henke is Kururu from Sgt. Frog.
Damn. Now I will too...

P.S., I based my character for the Haruhism Game of Kabuto. (I think only in name.)
I am an incessant nail-biter. No idea why and I do it without even realizing it.

Also when I'm reading a page online I click like crazy all over it, highlighting and un-highlighting text and stuff like that.

And when I hold anything in my hands I can't help but fidget with it. It annoys everyone around me but I don't even notice when I do it.
Nailbighter. Fidgeter.
Whenever I'm watching a Youtube video, I have to click outside of it after clicking play. Don't ask.
Same.
I cannot talk on the phone without pacing.
I AM NOT ALONE.
This. This might sound a bit gross, but I haven't cut my fingernails in about six or seven years. My nail-biting renders nail-clipping totally unnecessary.
Don't worry SG. You are not alone in that. I have to stop...

And stop I shall!... reading through this topic, that is. Anyway, some other habits:

I never mix food. Stuff like burgers and pizzas are fine, but with a REAL proper meal I can never mix the different parts.
I always rub the sides of my fingers, and my wrists.
I blink rapidly sometimes.
I can't think of any more...

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

If I'm brushing my teeth, I cannot stay in one place.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Post by Mick »

Cardiovore wrote:Every time I see a strange name or word, I always try reading it backwards in case it's been subliminally reversed.
ShadowEdgeworth wrote:I tend to be doing a lot of Edgeworth's gestures these days. The headshake, Young!Edgey finger-wag, the tap on the head, mainly and everything else in smaller doses... ^_^'
LunchPolice wrote:If I'm brushing my teeth, I cannot stay in one place.
This, this and this. :XD:
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Well, I read all of the dates and location names in Ace Attorney, every single time they appear. And since a year ago I can't NOT read things out loud in my head anymore.

Oh, and I've recently realized that I'm starting to act like Trucy and Ema. The hopping and the happy poses, that is. And Klavier's fingersnapping.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

I've noticed that I always have to click "Play" in the editor before I select something to be added. Not just music tracks, sound effects too. Even though I've heard them all hundreds of times. I just... do it. :trilo:
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I actually do that a lot too. Though with me, I do worry that I'll mix up the sound effects. So that's probably why. Anyway... habit... okay, this'll be a weird one. When writing RP posts, if I ever notice that I breathe deeply while writing a post, I'll make it so that the character in my post breathed deeply as well. I don't know why I do that. It just seems fitting. So if you've ever wondered about that, there you go.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

As made aware by me today, I shrug a lot. I just do it without even noticing. I'll just strat shrugging then I relax, then I shrug again it's just.. Weird.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Gumpei wrote:I've noticed that I always have to click "Play" in the editor before I select something to be added. Not just music tracks, sound effects too. Even though I've heard them all hundreds of times. I just... do it. :trilo:
Haha that sounds like me.
GuardianDreamer wrote:When writing RP posts, if I ever notice that I breathe deeply while writing a post, I'll make it so that the character in my post breathed deeply as well. I don't know why I do that. It just seems fitting. So if you've ever wondered about that, there you go.
... Huh. That's weird. Maybe I should start doing stuff like that. Would give me some good filler, at least.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Gumpei wrote:I've noticed that I always have to click "Play" in the editor before I select something to be added. Not just music tracks, sound effects too. Even though I've heard them all hundreds of times. I just... do it. :trilo:
Welcome in the Club! I do that a lot too. ;O
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

I keep humming this tune from Doom.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I've been doing a lot of Ace Attorney characters' gestures, such as Manfred's finger wag and Larry's head-tilt. I have recently been saying Zvarri whenever I solve a difficult math problem or figure something out. Don't ask why, as even I don't know. Lately I won't stop humming His Highness's theme from Mother 3, and I think everyone looks in real life like they do in their avs(as other people have stated.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
FaffleMaster

Post by FaffleMaster »

Whenever I'm listening to music and I'm not sure what to do I end up drumming my fingers constantly until they start forming the beat of the song.
check out this webcomic I'm making. :D