Development news: AAOkube migration incoming

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Re: Development news: AAOkube migration incoming

Post by clcman »

It is working for me. Thank you, Enthalpy and Unas, for your tireless work to keep this entire house of digital cards from collapsing.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Thanks clcman for the confirmation !
Tiagofvarela wrote:I've furthermore achieved the following error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 212: Illegal string offset 'enforum_notify'
When I posted:

Since it sent me to a blank page with the error message I originally thought it did not post, but it actually did.
I posted it on Windows 10, Firefox 81.0.1 (64-bit).

Edit: Also got the error posting this.
Thanks. That's the kind of forum errors I expected, I had to tweak some forum files manually in a rush on monday and I probably messed up here and there.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
clcman

Post by clcman »

I have another glitch for you:
Spoiler : :
In this state, the website always wants me to log in, even if I just did. Trying to play publicly available trials didn't work either. This happened on Firefox on, admittedly, my older and weaker computer. Logging in on Firefox or Chrome on different computers has worked fine for me, and even Chrome on the troublesome computer. I can work around it, so it's not the end of the world, but I thought you should know.

EDIT: Posting this (on a different computer, on Chrome) led to the following, though it seems the post did go through:
SECOND EDIT: SuperAj3 reports a similar bug happening on court-records.net
Last edited by clcman on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Torri 800

Post by Torri 800 »

clcman wrote:I have another glitch for you:
In this state, the website always wants me to log in, even if I just did. Trying to play publicly available trials didn't work either. This happened on Firefox on, admittedly, my older and weaker computer. Logging in on Firefox or Chrome on different computers has worked fine for me, and even Chrome on the troublesome computer. I can work around it, so it's not the end of the world, but I thought you should know.
Thanks for doing the thing I set out to do for the past hour! I only have one Desktop, on which I use Google Chrome and Firefox. The former I use for all purposes, but the latter I use almost entirely for AAO. Just today, I found the same Firefox problem occur - I login, then get kicked out just to login again, repeating the cycle, with that same paragraph of code hovering above the site banner. I'm writing this through Google, where said paragraph does not appear, meaning it works just fine on Google.

I use Firefox for AAO because of speed performance; makes case building way faster. Thanks again for highlighting the glitch!

(If Unas is reading this, good luck with your schedule!)