[E] Adding "talking animation mode" to the mini frame editor

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

[E] Adding "talking animation mode" to the mini frame editor

Post by drvonkitty »

I know there might be some debate about this, but I find it clunky to enter the full screen editor every time I want to set a character's speaking mode to "do not talk." This is a frequent occurrence, as every time the player character thinks during a trial scene, you have to do this. This process could be sped up greatly by adding it as as fourth option to the mini frame editor. I think I actually use this feature more than I do the smooth scrolling option, so I do think there is ample reason to add it. I get the concern about having a fourth option making the mini editor too big, especially on lower resolutions, but I want to put the proposal out there to see if anyone else thinks it would be a good addition.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Adding "talking animation mode" to the mini frame editor

Post by Enthalpy »

I don't have strong opinions on this. I lean towards "clunkier than its worth," given how you need to open the full screen editor to change character poses anyways. But I'm open to change it if there's a majority opinion.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

This is a frequent occurrence, as every time the player character thinks during a trial scene, you have to do this.
Actually, you just have to this once. Then, use "save this frame as a preset", so you can reuse it. This feature save a lot of time for a lot of things.
Image Image Image Image Image
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

The reason I'm suggesting it is that I use presets for courtroom scenes that already include the attorney, witness, and prosecutor, so I frequently open the frame editor just to switch to do not talk without editing poses (since the default poses are already defined in the preset). I suppose I could add a "do not talk" preset for each attorney/witness/prosecutor combo as well—I hadn't even thought of that. If the general consensus is against the idea, then I guess it is what it is. It's only a minor time save at best, anyway.

Bannedfrom7

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

I’m on board with the idea! It’s something that’s been on the back of my mind as well honestly. If it doesn’t work out, it is what it is though.
I am Banned