Double bug report

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Bannedfrom7
Spoken languages: English

Double bug report

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.72 Safari/537.36 Edg/89.0.774.45

http://aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=140658

So uhh while me and Super legenda were doing our entry for the case competition, we came across an unusual bug. When I tried to change a character’s sprite under one of the examine prompts, it wouldn’t let me go into the screen editor. I asked Super legenda to do it for me in case it was a me problem. Unfortunately he also couldn’t get into the screen editor.

I made a test case attempting to copy the same frame formatting to see if I could replicate it and see what was wrong… but lo and behold, I found another bug. As soon as I tried adding a frame on “examining something else”, it was duplicated into 4 frames. I could edit them individually but deleting one would delete the rest. Adding it back in would repeat the same bug again. Every frame after that within the same examining dialogue segment would repeat the same bug but mix up the order.

The trial link only showcases the second bug since it was originally meant to reproduce the first bug until it showed up. I’m not sure what caused the first bug to occur and this bug could potentially affect how the bug is reproduced.
I am Banned
Bannedfrom7

Re: Double bug report

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

Update on the first bug: When I playtested the segment where the bug occurred, the game wouldn’t go any further and just stops there. Upon seeing this, I looked back in the editor and deleted the text I made. Doing so made the frame work normally. When I put it back, the frame broke again.
I am Banned
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The first bug is a matter of not typing a color change tag correctly, and the trial player not knowing how to parse it. To make this clearer, I'll try to have an error message pop up, explaining the issue.

The second bug can't be reproduced.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

I've had the second bug occur randomly before, and if I remember correctly, it goes away when you refresh. The "extra frames" are not real and don't save.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)