Text blips sound different between browsers

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Furygun81
Spoken languages: English

Text blips sound different between browsers

Post by Furygun81 »

Not sure if this is a known thing or not, but the blips that sound when text is typing sound different between Chrome and Firefox. On Chrome it sounds more accurate to the actual Ace Attorney blips, in my opinion.

I got a video of it here: https://streamable.com/fyi87x

Here's the trial if that helps too: http://aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=141234

I'm not even sure why it would sound different from browser to browser when nothing else sounds different between them—isn't it just playing a sound file?

P.S. are there any benefits to using one browser over another when it comes to AAO? Thank you :)
Aaron, he/him
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Text blips sound different between browsers

Post by Enthalpy »

Furygun81 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:17 pm Not sure if this is a known thing or not, but the blips that sound when text is typing sound different between Chrome and Firefox. On Chrome it sounds more accurate to the actual Ace Attorney blips, in my opinion.
This is known. I had sunk far too much time trying to understand the issue. The techno-jargon is that Chrome and Firefox render very short HTML5 sounds differently. I have no idea why because...
Furygun81 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:17 pm I'm not even sure why it would sound different from browser to browser when nothing else sounds different between them—isn't it just playing a sound file?
...it is "just" playing a sound file. There's not much I can do about browser bugs, but I'm hopeful that this will be fixed as a side effect of the next AAO update I'm working on. The techno-jargon here is that we're allowing our sound engine to default to WebAudio and use HTML5 as a fallback. Switching the sound blips to WebAudio might just be enough to fix this bug. I haven't tested it (I just made the connection when I saw this topic), but it's possible.
Furygun81 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:17 pm P.S. are there any benefits to using one browser over another when it comes to AAO? Thank you :)
There shouldn't be.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mosy
Spoken languages: English

Post by Mosy »

It looks like it has been fixed :o firefox now sounds different.
Live life as you enjoy it, pal!- :objection:
I guess not...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Yep, a recent update fixed the issue! If problems are observed, please start a new topic. I'm closing this one.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson