Google Chrome and Firefox

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Google Chrome and Firefox

Post by Exedeb »

Hi everyone, how are you?
I think i've talked about it once, but i have to take this topic again...
So i'm ending my first case, and making all tests i need to.
As you suggest, i use Firefox to play on Ace Attorney Online. However i have an issue i'm not able to fix.
Basically, i see my animated gifs doesn't start as how they should be. For example, i did an intro with an animated gif where you can see the rain and after the rain you see someone walking. With Firefox, the animated gif starts when someone is walking, and it's pretty annoying because i'm not able to synchronize the intro and many of these gifs.

So i try to play with Google Chrome: Oddly the animated gifs works perfectly, in the right time. But unfortunately, they work just once.
To be more clear, do you know when appears Cross-examination pop-up? When you see it for the first time in game, you see it correctly.
If you see it a second time, instead, you see only the last frame, like if it's not a gif at all.
I've searched up, and it's not a problem of image hosting (i've hosted the same pictures in Photobucked and Dropbox, same error).
So i don't know exactly what to do. And i have this problem with pop-ups and all the preanimations.

In both cases, i'm not able to play my game correctly. What can i do?
Thanks.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Google Chrome and Firefox

Post by Enthalpy »

Could you give me an example case? That'll make it easier for me to look into.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:Could you give me an example case? That'll make it easier for me to look into.
Hi. I did a video so you can see what i mean.
If necessary i will link images or give you permission to try the case...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2pes9vdis161 ... z.mp4?dl=0
(Wait, for example case you meant to make a case and put images? Ooooh...)

When i move the cursor it means there is a problem...
Firefox
- Point 0:17 You will see later, but it's missing a gif picture with logo and warnings.
- Point 0:58 when i pressed the green arrow to start the game the gif didn't work well.
- Point 1:14 both screens started too late.
- The intro doesn't work at all.

Chrome
- Point 3:00 As you can see there are images with warning message and logos.
- Point 3:30 Maybe Chrome didn't load the music well...?
- Point 4:00 Differently from Firefox in point 0:58, the gif worked.
- All the intro works well.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

That is helpful, but I want to see the actual case in the editor. What you're reporting sounds like a cousin of this bug, and I need to see it in the editor to confirm/deny that.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:That is helpful, but I want to see the actual case in the editor. What you're reporting sounds like a cousin of this bug, and I need to see it in the editor to confirm/deny that.
What do you want i do?
I can give you permission to use the editor. Is it ok for you?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Trial ID and frame IDs. Adding me as an editor won't be necessary.
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:Trial ID and frame IDs. Adding me as an editor won't be necessary.
Alright, i'll give you in some hours (i think 2) via MP.

Aaaand sent.
Tell me if you need something else.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not double post.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

What versions of Firefox and Chrome did you use to find the bug? I'm using the latest version of Firefox (44.0.1), and I have no problem with the first gif that did not load for you.
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:What versions of Firefox and Chrome did you use to find the bug? I'm using the latest version of Firefox (44.0.1), and I have no problem with the first gif that did not load for you.
Firefox 43.0.4.
I'm going to update right now...

While for Chrome i have 48.0.2564.109.
I'll give you news about loading gifs after the update.

UPDATE:
Firefox Updated with last version, 44.0.1, but still see these issues with all the gifs.
While you play it, you should try more than once to reload the page and restart the game from the beginning, in way to see if the game load the gifs correctly.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not double post.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

These are two completely separate issues. The first issue is Chrome not restarting gifs when we try to reload them (see Unas's post http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... 99#p699299) here. It's an issue, but one that looks like it's out of AAO's control. I've added this to my "to investigate" list, but I suspect that we may have to wait until the Chrome browser changes this one themselves.

The Firefox end is trickier, as I can't reproduce any of the issues that you showed in the video. Have you tried clearing your cache? What OS are you using?
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:These are two completely separate issues. The first issue is Chrome not restarting gifs when we try to reload them (see Unas's post http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... 99#p699299) here. It's an issue, but one that looks like it's out of AAO's control. I've added this to my "to investigate" list, but I suspect that we may have to wait until the Chrome browser changes this one themselves.

The Firefox end is trickier, as I can't reproduce any of the issues that you showed in the video. Have you tried clearing your cache? What OS are you using?
Sorry for responding you in such time...
No i didn't (and don't) clear my cache. I'm using Windows 10 (Home edition). It updates itself automatically.
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:These are two completely separate issues. The first issue is Chrome not restarting gifs when we try to reload them (see Unas's post http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... 99#p699299) here. It's an issue, but one that looks like it's out of AAO's control. I've added this to my "to investigate" list, but I suspect that we may have to wait until the Chrome browser changes this one themselves.

I've cleaned my cache and played (just once for now), and seems it works correctly.
I'll take more tests.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Good to hear! If clearing the cache fixed it, then it was a problem on your computer instead of AAO. Let me know if more issues appear.
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:Good to hear! If clearing the cache fixed it, then it was a problem on your computer instead of AAO. Let me know if more issues appear.
Hi. I'm doing more tests. It "seems" cleaning cache improve this problem of "loding" the pictures, but sometimes they don't correctly.
It depends...It's possible cache is 'one' of these problems...
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

What do you mean by "they don't correctly"? Do the images that don't work stay the same? Do some images work only some of the time? Do the images that don't work change each time? Is this the same problem with the .gif starting late? Are these the same .gifs you had problems with before, or new ones?

I need much more information on this.