[P] Merging frames before smooth scrolling is complete

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

[P] Merging frames before smooth scrolling is complete

Post by drvonkitty »

Browser: happens on both firefox and chrome

Play this trial. When smooth scrolling is turned on to scroll over to Apollo, he has two merged frames. As far as I can tell, since it proceeds to the next merged frame before the scrolling finishes, that causes the display to break. Not sure if this has been reported before; it's not a huge issue since it only happens in a very specific case. Not sure if it's easily fixed or not.

Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: [P] Merging frames before smooth scrolling is complete

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Interesting. My trials have had a problem where this occurs if I am using instant text display and or clicking to advance repeatedly. I hadn't ascertained the exact cause, but knew it had to do with the smooth scrolling.
Now I know. It is because I, too, merge a frame immediately after the scroll, and if I try to quicken the motion it ends up trying to merge before the scrolling is complete.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Merging frames before smooth scrolling is complete

Post by Enthalpy »

This is a new bug. Thanks for the demo!

It'll take me time to investigate this one, but I'll see what I can do. Right now, I have no estimate on how fixable this bug is.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson