[E/P] Trial Mysteriously Ending

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

yaelsophia
Spoken languages: English, Français

[E/P] Trial Mysteriously Ending

Post by yaelsophia »

Hi there! I used to use this website a lot when I was younger and I recently started using it again for a fangame that my sister and I have in the works, and I have to say, the editor looks beautiful! Kudos to Unas and the team. :D

I am, however, running into a consistent problem of which I can't seem to figure out the cause.

User Agent String: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36
Link: Here's a save state a bit before the issue.
What happened?: While building a set of investigation blocks, I tried to set up an intro conversation so that there's a default conversation that plays when first showing up at a scene, then, once four different variables are accounted for (advancement1, advancement2, etc), a different conversation which advances the plot past the investigation segment. However, after redirecting out of the intro conversation, the player displays the first text box, and then the trial ends.
What did you expect to happen?: I hoped that the post-investigation scene would continue past that point.
Can you reproduce the problem?: Yes; it happens every time I try to play my trial.
What did you do before the problem showed up?: Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler : Screenshots :
Top frame of the intro conversation; if all conditions are met, leads to conversation with Larry. If it's the player's first time at the Winding Way, leads to Maya musing to herself about the serene garden. If the player has been to the Winding Way before, but not all conditions are met, leads to a blank frame that re-reveals the intro conversation so that the expression is checked each time the player comes to the Winding Way.

The last frame of the intro conversation with Larry, redirecting outside of the investigation block.

The first few frames of the plot-advancing conversation with Larry.

The dreaded frame.

My variables at that point in the trial (if it makes any difference).
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E/P] Trial Mysteriously Ending

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the report! If this bug is real, it's very serious.

However, I'm not convinced this bug is real just yet. When I try to load your save, there's a warning message that appears. The trial has been edited since the save was created, and this might cause inconsistencies in the game. I wonder if what you're observing is just one of those inconsistencies.

Can you stop editing your trial and give me a new save state that shows the bug? I ask that you not edit your trial again until I let you know that I've reproduced the issue.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
yaelsophia
Spoken languages: English, Français

Post by yaelsophia »

Oh, wow, I have no idea why I didn't think of that. That cleared it right up! Thank you so much for your help. :pearlhappy:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Hooray!

I won't investigate further, then.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson