RECAPTCHA Not Showing: Please fix

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Miyu Kat
Spoken languages: English

RECAPTCHA Not Showing: Please fix

Post by Miyu Kat »

Yesterday, I tried logging into my account and I got locked out by RECAPTCHA, but it never shows up so now I can't log in anymore.

I tried Google, Firefox, Safari, nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix this? Because I am locked out from my account and I can't log back in. Thanks!
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: RECAPTCHA Not Showing: Please fix

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hi there. This is an ongoing issue that the mods are aware of. I don't know how soon it will be fixed though as it's both the holidays and I think only Enthalpy's been doing bug fixes in the editor recently.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

this may seem redundant but try downloading and installing javascript even if you already have it. that's how i fixed my not being able to register an account. though if it's javascript problem you shouldn't be able to login ever on chrome. but that's the only thing i can think of.
Miyu Kat

Post by Miyu Kat »

I don't want to register, I just need to get back into my account, that's all. I also tried javascript and it still didn't work with Microsoft Edge nor Firefox, but thanks anyway.
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

i know you were trying to login but the recaptcha thing was the same problem i had and the javascript was the solution so i thought i'd mention it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

SuperAj3 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:47 pm Hi there. This is an ongoing issue that the mods are aware of. I don't know how soon it will be fixed though as it's both the holidays and I think only Enthalpy's been doing bug fixes in the editor recently.
It's an issue that only Unas can fix, and he's been difficult to get in touch with lately. I can send him another message, but I do need to finish investigating an editor bug first. And yes, I've been away from AAO lately due to the holidays!
theimortal1974 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:08 pm this may seem redundant but try downloading and installing javascript even if you already have it. that's how i fixed my not being able to register an account. though if it's javascript problem you shouldn't be able to login ever on chrome. but that's the only thing i can think of.
I don't know what you mean, but what you wrote is literally impossible. JavaScript is not something you install.
Miyu Kat wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:06 pm Yesterday, I tried logging into my account and I got locked out by RECAPTCHA, but it never shows up so now I can't log in anymore.

I tried Google, Firefox, Safari, nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix this? Because I am locked out from my account and I can't log back in. Thanks!
This surprises me. I'm aware of recaptcha issues when creating a new account, but those have been Firefox specific.

Just to be absolutely clear: you can get past the captcha to register on some browser (???), but you can't get past the captcha to log back in after being locked out? This seems bizarre (and dangerous for me to try and reproduce), so I want to make absolutely sure of this.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson