[E] One of Maya's sprites seems to be broken.

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Flashwolf96
Spoken languages: English

[E] One of Maya's sprites seems to be broken.

Post by Flashwolf96 »

Has anyone else noticed that one of Maya's sprites doesn't load? The talking version of the sprite called "default_sprites_Maya_17" in particular. An issue with the link used for it maybe?

I've tried using a custom sprite with a working link in its place and it works just fine, but I'd rather not have to go through the trouble when it's part of her defaults. Can someone take a look please?

Edit: Actually, make that two. I've just found that "default_sprites_Maya_14", the still sprite in particular, is also broken. Not sure if there are more but I'll keep looking.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] One of Maya's sprites seems to be broken.

Post by Enthalpy »

Maya sprite 14 and Maya sprite 17 are both working fine for me on Firefox.

My first suggestion is that you should clear your internet browser's cache. Browsers often "save" an image to avoid re-downloading it the next time it appears, and the version your browser saved me be corrupt. Clearing your cache should fix that. I can't offer advice on how to do that without knowing your browser.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Flashwolf96

Post by Flashwolf96 »

I also checked on Edge and found everything working, so it does seem to be an issue with my browser (Chrome). I cleared my cache just now though, and the issue is still persisting. Same specific images and all.

In addition to the Maya sprites I mentioned, I also found that "default_sprites_Pearl_7" is also broken for both images.

Image Image

Even as I embed them here they don't show up for me properly, sometimes flashing in and out and other times just not appearing at all. Any other suggestions?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Sorry for the wait - it's been a hectic week for me. It's worth trying to clear your cache again. If you have any browser extensions, you can try disabling them and seeing if one of those does the trick.

Let me know if there's still an issue.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

Maya's sprite works fine with me, but I have the same thing with Pearl sprites, only in Chrome. I don't have any extension.
Image Image Image Image Image
Flashwolf96

Post by Flashwolf96 »

No worries, I'm sure there are way more important issues than this, so I'm fine waiting however long.
Jofe wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:10 am Maya's sprite works fine with me, but I have the same thing with Pearl sprites, only in Chrome. I don't have any extension.
Oh, sorry, that sprite in my first post is the custom sprite I replaced it with, just as a visual aid for which specific sprite I was talking about. Here's the broken one:

I've also cleared my cache two more times, cleared cookies, and restarted both Chrome and my computer - no changes. The extensions I have are the exact same ones I used back when everything was working fine, but just in case I turned them off and it didn't affect anything. I was just about to ask if I really was the only one having this issue, so I'm a little relieved to see that it could potentially be something with Chrome rather than me specifically.
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

That sprite (and the Pearl ones) also flicker on Chrome for me, even with all extensions disabled. It's fine on Firefox.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

If multiple people are reporting this, I can look at the sprites themselves. I'll post back when I get to it - need to finish another AAO project first.
Flashwolf96

Post by Flashwolf96 »

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12515

After taking a quick look through the other bug report threads, it seems others have experienced a similar issue in the past. I'm not seeing any flickering with Iris' sprites now though, so I guess replacing the links was the solution? Hopefully it's that simple.

In any case, please take however long you need. It's a relatively minor problem, at least for me who hasn't released anything.