[UCANT] Turnabout Bakeshop (Released!)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [UCANT] Turnabout Bakeshop (Released!)

Post by drvonkitty »

Haven't done much in the way of anything AAO lately, but finally got around to playing this and I have to say, it was absolutely excellent! I had a chance to play around with the engine back when it was still in early stages, but it was super intuitive and well-presented when used for a full case. Beyond the technical aspect, the story itself had a tight setup, solid logic, and entertaining characters & dialogue throughout (although I'd expect nothing less!)

I wholeheartedly recommend this case to any wary travelers who stumble upon this thread! Great work, and I'd love to see even more of what UCANT could do in the future.

ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Thank you for the help! I managed to finish the case (I had to force it a couple times, but nothing got me totally stuck again) and I really enjoyed it!
Spoiler : :
I'm a huge fan of the Kitaki family, and I think their writing was top notch. I actually got misty eyed at a couple points, especially at the end. I really like the idea of Viola being Wocky's weird aunt, it was simultaneously funny, heartwrenching, and sweet. The logic in the case made sense as a whole; I know I got stuck a lot but looking back on it, all the contradictions etc made sense, I just suck at navigating cases without walkthroughs, aha. The presentation of it all was great too, the visual appeal was a great aspect. I LOVED the 'plan' tab, and watching it change was a great element. I felt my stomach drop when I opened it to see Wocky's note saying that he'd actually done it. The reverse cross examination was also great and I kind of wished we could have gotten another one. The "were you just pressing every statement" line was so funny. Apollo and Trucy's dynamic was also lovely (oh Trucy honey Wocky is way too old for you) and it felt like it was right out of the games.
I hope to play more of your work in the future! And to anyone else, please play this case. It's really good.
nikekut456

Post by nikekut456 »

Hello, I made a walkthrough with this fancase, the content is awesome, looking forward to the next one.
https://youtu.be/YloqYFqgK1M
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Looks great! Thanks for playing and for making the video!
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
OrderOfTheNick
Spoken languages: English,Hungarian

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

I liked that a lot.

A weird issue I ran into: I set the text speed to max, and this made the credits roll by so fast I couldn't read it all. I found it more amusing than annoying, but I thought it was worth sharing.
I made Turnabout in the Two Towers, the winner of the Method in the Madness case competition.