[T] Turnabout Mugging ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

ParrotMan01
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Turnabout Mugging ☆

Post by ParrotMan01 »

From the impression I got from this case, it took like 3+ years to make. I might be wrong here, I might have gotten the wrong impression. Anyway, the reason I brought the above up is that if I don't get to play another case with these characters...I'm going to cry. You fleshed them out so well and when it comes to fan games usually they move on to a different set of characters or set it in a "different universe" so to speak. What really sold me were the extras.
Spoiler : :
Galen and Dougal going over what he did right and what he did wrong REALLY made me want to play another case with these guys. The flash backs were great too. Also my in-game voice for Doe was sort of a Michael Jackson with a lisp...so when I got to the Smooth Criminal joke, I lost my shit.
I liked the music choices myself. I thought you did great with this case. I hope you do explore more with these characters.
Again, just passing through...
migueloukao
Spoken languages: English; Portuguese

Post by migueloukao »

ParrotMan01 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 am From the impression I got from this case, it took like 3+ years to make. I might be wrong here, I might have gotten the wrong impression. Anyway, the reason I brought the above up is that if I don't get to play another case with these characters...I'm going to cry. You fleshed them out so well and when it comes to fan games usually they move on to a different set of characters or set it in a "different universe" so to speak. What really sold me were the extras.
Galen and Dougal going over what he did right and what he did wrong REALLY made me want to play another case with these guys. The flash backs were great too. Also my in-game voice for Doe was sort of a Michael Jackson with a lisp...so when I got to the Smooth Criminal joke, I lost my shit.
I liked the music choices myself. I thought you did great with this case. I hope you do explore more with these characters.
Thank you very much for playing! I loved reading your comments.
Originally, this was intended to be a whole series of cases, which is why some things may seem like they were set-ups for the future. It took me a buncha years to make the case but that's because I got more distracted with other things as time went on and motivation reduced, though I did want to really release it and so I did!
I don't know about there being more, but it'll be in the back of my mind hehehe.
(also, that was my favorite extra to make as well.)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

migueloukao wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:11 pm I've adressed nearly everything you mentioned. There are a couple of things I'm unsure on, though.
I can't find the frame where you said evidence was added to the court record again. Do you still remember where it was?

Regarding the usage of dammit that you mentioned in part 2, does that mean all "goddamnits" are actually "goddammit"? Cuz that's a lot of goddamnits I'll have to search, if so. Or is it just when I used "damnit"?

Regarding putting penalties on the make your argument segment, how do you think they should be added? By which I mean, once the player chooses a bad statement to add, they get a penalty right then? I can do that if you think it's important, though I think it feels weird and basically gives you the answer right away.

I have also considered just changing some dialogue to better reflect what the player has to do (Dougal now thinks he must choose whatever will keep Chevalier speaking the longest). Also altered some dialogue to clarify that you will have to stall for time during the rebuttal itself as well, once Chevalier makes his first "hold it". I find that the only potential tricky bit is when you have to intentionally screw up a fact of the case to get Chevalier to object and buy time, so I've also added a frame after you get through that bit in the rebuttal, with Dougal realizing that it would have helped him if he had gotten Chevalier to object to him instead of passing by with no issues.
By the way, you mentioned nothing of the Extras part. Did you play it as well?
Sorry for the delay; I didn't realize email notifications to PMs weren't working...
There wasn't evidence that was explicitly added twice. But when evidence is added in a segment the player can experience multiple times (for instance, in a press conversation) it should be coded in a way that the "X has been added to the Court Record" only shows up the first time.

It's always "dammit." Sorry. ^^"

If you change the dialogue to make the objective clearer and give better feedback, and you don't want to add penalties because you think it'd give it away too much, then that's fine.
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

Bad Player wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 am
migueloukao wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:11 pm I've adressed nearly everything you mentioned. There are a couple of things I'm unsure on, though.
I can't find the frame where you said evidence was added to the court record again. Do you still remember where it was?

Regarding the usage of dammit that you mentioned in part 2, does that mean all "goddamnits" are actually "goddammit"? Cuz that's a lot of goddamnits I'll have to search, if so. Or is it just when I used "damnit"?

Regarding putting penalties on the make your argument segment, how do you think they should be added? By which I mean, once the player chooses a bad statement to add, they get a penalty right then? I can do that if you think it's important, though I think it feels weird and basically gives you the answer right away.

I have also considered just changing some dialogue to better reflect what the player has to do (Dougal now thinks he must choose whatever will keep Chevalier speaking the longest). Also altered some dialogue to clarify that you will have to stall for time during the rebuttal itself as well, once Chevalier makes his first "hold it". I find that the only potential tricky bit is when you have to intentionally screw up a fact of the case to get Chevalier to object and buy time, so I've also added a frame after you get through that bit in the rebuttal, with Dougal realizing that it would have helped him if he had gotten Chevalier to object to him instead of passing by with no issues.
Sorry for the delay; I didn't realize email notifications to PMs weren't working...
There wasn't evidence that was explicitly added twice. But when evidence is added in a segment the player can experience multiple times (for instance, in a press conversation) it should be coded in a way that the "X has been added to the Court Record" only shows up the first time.

If you change the dialogue to make the objective clearer and give better feedback, and you don't want to add penalties because you think it'd give it away too much, then that's fine.
Alright, everything done. Changed all "damnit" to "dammit". (it was just wrong on the solo "damnits", if I understood right, right?).
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

migueloukao wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:44 am
Bad Player wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 am

Alright, everything done. Changed all "damnit" to "dammit". (it was just wrong on the solo "damnits", if I understood right, right?).
I'm so excited to see this case featured, you have no idea.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
omroom

Post by omroom »

Hello, I'm currently on the 2nd testimony of part one and I seem to be stuck a little bit
Spoiler : spoilers for case :v :
I've gotten past the first half (the motive debate) but I'm stuck on the second half of the testimony - I've presented the wallet, cellphone photo & pistol w/o penalties, pressed every statement, pressed the two statements in order and then presented the pistol ala the walkthrough but Galen keeps yelling @ me to check through all the evidence and I am just confused now. Do I just have to present each piece of evidence on a specific statement and then do the press stuff?
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

CorruptedFlame wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:29 am Hello, I'm currently on the 2nd testimony of part one and I seem to be stuck a little bit
Spoiler : spoilers for case :v :
I've gotten past the first half (the motive debate) but I'm stuck on the second half of the testimony - I've presented the wallet, cellphone photo & pistol w/o penalties, pressed every statement, pressed the two statements in order and then presented the pistol ala the walkthrough but Galen keeps yelling @ me to check through all the evidence and I am just confused now. Do I just have to present each piece of evidence on a specific statement and then do the press stuff?
I'll check that right now. I wonder if I might have broken something when applying the changes for featuring. Just a moment.

Edit:

There was absolutely an issue with a frame redirect, I think I broke something when making the changes. I have fixed it now.
Because of the issue, you weren't able to press statement 4 "The other was a pair of gloves, which were undoubtedly used to handle the gun during the murder.", and thus were stuck. I have fixed it now. Once you press it, you'll get a new piece of evidence and I think you'll be able to progress alright. If the fix didn't apply to your save and you don't have an earlier one, please let me know and I'll add a skip for you back at the start of the cross-examination.
Thank you so much for pointing this out, because I would never have noticed it by now.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [T] Turnabout Mugging ★

Post by Bad Player »

We featured now, sorry about the delay! ★
Mathias_Trueman

Post by Mathias_Trueman »

This case was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the characters, the mystery was engaging, and the way that the trial was laid out with new mechanics and perspectives was refreshing. The trial felt very polished, and I'm glad to see another great case get featured here.

This was a pleasure to play through, thank you.
Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian

Post by Dylan Dog »

Had the thought to replay this case after a long time, which was before I created this account. Indeed still one of my favorite pieces of visual novel in general. The contrast between the slightly more realistic (but still over-the-top and fun-ny) characters and their original series counterparts (which I'm sure was on mind, since quite a few references are dropped) is on point. I'd love to see more of Dougal and Galen.
clavichordofdoom
Spoken languages: English, German

Post by clavichordofdoom »

Just want to say that I finished this case yesterday and I really enjoyed it! :) Such fantastic character development and I really enjoyed the new mechanics.
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

Hey, I am playing through the case and I´ve reached some parts where I think it was supposed to play an objection track(for example, when you beat McQueen´s testimony) and it just stays silent, maybe it´s a problem with my pc, I don´t know.
Also, the sound doesn´t fully load for me and I have alreaded reloaded the page 5 times
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

There's currently an audio problem with AAO, so it's not just happening to you. They're currently working on a fix for it.
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

XavierWright wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:57 am There's currently an audio problem with AAO, so it's not just happening to you. They're currently working on a fix for it.
Oh, that´s good to know
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

AshuraMage wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:41 am Hey, I am playing through the case and I´ve reached some parts where I think it was supposed to play an objection track(for example, when you beat McQueen´s testimony) and it just stays silent, maybe it´s a problem with my pc, I don´t know.
Also, the sound doesn´t fully load for me and I have alreaded reloaded the page 5 times
Hey there! I checked the editor, just to be sure, but all OST seems to be working just fine. As XavierWright has posted above, it seems there is some AAO-wide issue? I haven't read about it myself, but that should be it. As general advice, I'd recommend waiting until they fix it to play, as music is a big part of atmosphere and scene climaxes. That's just my opinion, though.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who's played and posted since my last comment. I didn't say anything, but I did read your comments and feedback, and it always brings a smile to my face.