TNB(DEMO) IS OUT NOW!

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Selif
Spoken languages: English, Turkish

TNB(DEMO) IS OUT NOW!

Post by Selif »

:objection:
"How hard will you fight for the ones you care about most?"

'An ACE ATTORNEY fan-case'

'Takes place between Trials & Tribulations AND Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney'

Hello everyone! So, basically I decided to make a case that I thought about for a while now, and I am still working on it! I try not to rush it, and since I'm new here, I might make a few mistakes in the game, so please give me your feedbacks! I know, it's pretty short, but I would like to hear your thoughts about it!

Play the case here!
http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=135939

THIS CASE IS A DEMO, THE FULL CASE MAY OR MAY NOT INCLUDE NEW THINGS!

EDIT: I have updated the game a bit, and I tried to reduce the numbers of blank frames. The psyche lock sequences are updated as well, and I have added a gameover scene!

Have fun!
Last edited by Selif on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."

:holdit:
TURNABOUT NEW BEGINNING DEMO IS OUT NOW, FEEL FREE TO PLAY!
:phoenix: :hobo: :apollo:
Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Re: TNB(DEMO) IS OUT NOW!

Post by Awsome2464 »

Right at the beginning of the case, when the first scene starts, I can't progress. All I can see is a black background and the "skipping" icon on the bottom screen.
Image Image
Selif

Post by Selif »

Awsome2464 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:24 am Right at the beginning of the case, when the first scene starts, I can't progress. All I can see is a black background and the "skipping" icon on the bottom screen.
Hmm... I tested it just now, and I haven't experienced anything like that. Have you tried pressing that skipping icon?

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Awsome2464 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:24 am Right at the beginning of the case, when the first scene starts, I can't progress. All I can see is a black background and the "skipping" icon on the bottom screen.
There is a blank frame before the black screen opens to the detention center. Clicking again moved me to the next bit of dialogue.

@Selif: Maybe you need to add a timer to it, or delete any blank frames?

EDIT: I ended up playing the case in full LOL. Overall you did a pretty good job! Most of your text is proof-read which is nice to see and you did well using the features like psyche locks and sfx. I just think your case needs more polish. The case also moves incredibly quickly. I think you need to take more time explaining things and setting up what's about to happen. I have no clue why I'm now Apollo and thrown into a case defending Maggey Byrde for theft when I was just playing as Phoenix talking to Iris in the detention centre.
That being said, using courtroom sprites in the lobby between Apollo and Kristoph looked very proper like a cutscene picture XD Nice work with that!
Spoiler : Some improvements :
Some improvements:
- I didn't know I had to move after talking to Iris. I think only having one talk prompt and then no guidance as to what to do next might need revising. Maybe let people know you need to leave, or add some more dialogue?
- The Examine background is missing from the detention center and the Anything Agency.
- Centering the text needs to be consistent. There's a tutorial on the forums showing you how to do it which I can share the link to if you'd like
- The background stays black after Trucy's psyche lock appears
- Delete any blank frames so people don't need to click twice to progress.
- I think you need some background for Kristoph. You don't explain why he's in your profiles or why you have evidence on him.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Selif

Post by Selif »

SuperAj3 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:49 pm
There is a blank frame before the black screen opens to the detention center. Clicking again moved me to the next bit of dialogue.

@Selif: Maybe you need to add a timer to it, or delete any blank frames?

EDIT: I ended up playing the case in full LOL. Overall you did a pretty good job! Most of your text is proof-read which is nice to see and you did well using the features like psyche locks and sfx. I just think your case needs more polish. The case also moves incredibly quickly. I think you need to take more time explaining things and setting up what's about to happen. I have no clue why I'm now Apollo and thrown into a case defending Maggey Byrde for theft when I was just playing as Phoenix talking to Iris in the detention centre.
That being said, using courtroom sprites in the lobby between Apollo and Kristoph looked very proper like a cutscene picture XD Nice work with that!
Spoiler : Some improvements :
Some improvements:
- I didn't know I had to move after talking to Iris. I think only having one talk prompt and then no guidance as to what to do next might need revising. Maybe let people know you need to leave, or add some more dialogue?
- The Examine background is missing from the detention center and the Anything Agency.
- Centering the text needs to be consistent. There's a tutorial on the forums showing you how to do it which I can share the link to if you'd like
- The background stays black after Trucy's psyche lock appears
- Delete any blank frames so people don't need to click twice to progress.
- I think you need some background for Kristoph. You don't explain why he's in your profiles or why you have evidence on him.
Thank you for your feedback! I will try to improve the game and add more details as you said, I'm still a newbie here, haha. Your feedback means a lot to me! And a tutorial would be a great idea, I'll look into it. Again, thank you so much!

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

No problem!

Here's the tutorial on centering text: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11999
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Hi, I was playing through this case and encountered a bug. Could you fix it? Let me know when it's fixed, and I'll get back to playing through the demo.
Spoiler : The Bug :
After solving Trucy's psyche-lock, if I go through the first talk option about "That Woman," it unlocks one text option about a visitor. That means that both text options about a visitor are visible.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Selif

Post by Selif »

Enthalpy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:55 am Hi, I was playing through this case and encountered a bug. Could you fix it? Let me know when it's fixed, and I'll get back to playing through the demo.
Spoiler : The Bug :
After solving Trucy's psyche-lock, if I go through the first talk option about "That Woman," it unlocks one text option about a visitor. That means that both text options about a visitor are visible.
thank you for letting me know! that must have slipped through my attention, I'll be sure to fix it today or tomorrow, though I'm not sure if I can update the game more often, because my exams are coming up. haha, bad timing for making a case, I guess.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I completely understand. Just post here when it's fixed, and I'll start this up again.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson