The Creepy Turnabout (AND Turnabout of Fate!)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Torri 800
Spoken languages: English

The Creepy Turnabout (AND Turnabout of Fate!)

Post by Torri 800 »

Hello, and welcome! Last year, I released Turnabout of Fate and BOTH parts of The Creepy Turnabout, and have been hoping to announce it to the public. This thread serves to formally release my two first cases originating from here: http://aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 45#p773845

I also modified said post, so feel free to see what's changed. Now, onto the cases themselves!

Turnabout of Fate is set only a few weeks before Bridge to the Turnabout, where Phoenix Wright must once again defend Larry Butz, who has been declared the perpetrator of probably the darkest murder case yet.

Play: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=106253

Credits: Credited in-game.

Music Credits:
Spoiler : :
Ace Attorney songs (in case you hadn’t known before, there is at least ONE song from EVERY Ace Attorney game!)

Prologue is an edited combination of Dai Gyakuten Saiban Case Introduction combined with Dual Destinies Prologue.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy:

Phoenix Wright:
Suspense
Objection! Classic edition/ Objection GS1 remake by Tor4
Search ~ Core 2001
Dick Gumshoe ~ It’s Detective Gumshoe

Justice For All:
Search ~ Core 2002
Courtroom Lounge ~ Another Prelude

Trials and Tribulations:
Pursuit ~ Caught
Cross Examination – Moderato and Allegro
Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
Godot ~ The Bitter Taste of Truth
GS3 ~ Trial
GS3 ~ Neverending Overture – Courtroom Lobby
Victor Kudo ~ War Song
GS3 ~ Credits

Game Over: Falling into Darkness
(I searched literally EVERYwhere for this song’s origin, but I never found it. It was used in enigma’s The Assistant’s Turnabout, a case I don’t particularly like, though I respect the effort behind it. The track name was listed that way in enigma’s case forum post, so I’m not sure of the song’s true source. However, wanting it, I recorded the track while playing The Assistant’s Turnabout, making sure there were no pesky sound effects using instant type and save states. For those who want to use it, or just listen to it randomly, I have the link I used right here):
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Torri ... rkness.mp3
To download the track, right click the player upon opening the link. Select save audio as, and put it in target location. The song properly loops, so it’s ready to use. If anybody knows the true whereabouts of this specific song, and posts it in a comment, I would be very grateful.

Apollo Justice:
Reminiscence ~ A Fate Smeared by Tricks and Gadgets
Mentality Lock
Investigation ~ Opening 2007/ Core 2007
Solitary Confinement
Eccentric 2007

Dai Gyakuten Saiban:
Defendant Lobby,
Trial in Disarray,
Witness Theme
Susato Mikotoba ~ Serenade,
Victory ~ Great Turnabout Dedicated to a Friend,
Reminiscing ~ Disappeared Fairy,
Verdict
Suspense 2

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2:
Prelude to Pursuit

Dual Destinies:
Objection 2013
The Dark Days of the Law
Illegal of Destiny

Spirit of Justice:
Cheerful People
Confess the Truth 2016
The Holy Mother
Reminiscence ~ Each of Their Feelings
Sanctuary

Gyakuten Kenji:
Doubted People
Quercus Alba ~ The Enemy Who Surpasses The Law
Interesting People

Gyakuten Kenji 2:
Trick Analysis/Trick Break
Reminiscence ~ The Girl’s Lost Memories
Reminiscence ~ The Fall of the House of Lang

Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney:
Pursuit

Fire Emblem ~ New Mystery of the Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow:
Gharnef, Lord of Shadow
One Who Challenges Fate
Ambience – Temple
Friendship

Fire Emblem ~ Binding Blade:
Game Over

Megaman X5:
Final Boss ~ Sigma 2nd

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords:
Background 1
Background 2

World of Warcraft – Wrath of The Lich King:
Argent Tournament

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES):
Klubba’s Kiosk

Assassin’s Creed 4 Shanty: Here’s a Health to the Company

Adrian von Ziegler’s Tracks:
Slavic Music – Slava
Celtic Music – Prophecy

Walkthrough:
Walkthrough:
- What I Saw: Present Butz Pistol on the final statement (isn’t it obvious?)
- My Dad: On the final statement, present Newspaper
Select I don’t have an answer
- My Dad – Part 2: Press the first statement to get a new testimony. Go to the co-counsel conversation (by pressing the right button through all the statements) to receive the Hoe. Present the Hoe on the new statement.
THIS is why the Hoe’s so important!: It’s conditions
- The Details: Press the last statement. When prompted to press further, do so to get a Broken Glasses; present THAT on the very statement you just pressed. Whether you press all of Gumshoe’s statements or not, you’ll still get a map and all the major pieces of evidence.
- Incriminating Evidence: On the fourth statement, present Larry’s Wall Photo.
- Mine Examination: Present Voliance Mine Layout on the final statement.
Show the court where is this “private quarters” exactly? : Select Employees Room
- After My Investigation: Press the second statement to get Way Ned’s profile, which you will present to that very statement
- Limited Security: Answer the question presented at the last statement by presenting Uranium Sheet.
This explains Ms. Merriam's lack of security in her facility! : Present Newspaper – 2nd Issue
- That Horrible Day: Present Crime Scene Photo #2 on the third statement.
- The Bodies Were Moved: Present Bloody Cloth on the third statement.
As for how they moved? That should be a cinch! It's right here! : Present Pushcart
This explains the DENT in the cart! : Present Broken Tablet
- My Son’s Crime: Press the last statement, and select Something’s off…
This piece of evidence shows that Larry Butz could NOT have entered the employees' room! : Present Larry’s Wall Photo, which will take you to the Map graphic, where you will select Crime Scene #1 to progress.
Evidence substantiating my claim is… Present Way Ned’s Notes
-
-
Investigation segment: For the first part, feel free to mess around with the options. For the fastest way around: Lava Cavern, Purple Door, Enter the Purplish Hue.
Talk to Franziska for some interesting and funny dialogue (optional)
Examine the small hole to the left to gain access to the Main Lava Room – Foyer. For the large chasm in the cave, click on the area with the lightest coloration to gain access to the War Secretary’s Office and the Chief Warden’s Office.
Go to the War Secretary’s Office after you unlock these locations.
Talk to Edgeworth to gain access to the Gate. Go back to the Central Cavern, then go to the Main Lava Room. While there, examine the dark blue crater right above the lava flow to find the Dimensional Warp. Go to the Gate to meet Oldbag. Talk to her to receive Nazil’s Blade. Return to the Main Lava Room, before going back to Central Cavern. Now you are ready to meet Godot in the Chief Warden’s Office.
Once you get there, talk to Godot, but don’t attempt the Psyche Locks yet – you still need one more item. Go to the Main Ice Room, which is unlocked by talking to Godot. Once you get there, examine the center of the location, with a bright light at the bottom and a turquoise color at the top. There you’ll find the Stone of Light. Now you’re ready to battle Godot!
The item pertaining to that subject was... Present Dimensional Warp
What Sacred Item will you need to slay the Demon? Present Nazil’s Blade
What's the final Sacred Item needed to take down the Demon? Present Stone of Light
Talk to Godot – Sacred Items to progress.
When asked about establishing your location on Franziska’s/Godot’s map (You’ll receive it whether or not you spoke to either Franziska or Godot): Select the white I to progress.
Okay, where next? Blue IC
- Boss
(What should be my first move?) Use the Stone of Light
Time to deal damage! Select the Right hand.
Strike the face then “poke” the abdomen.
Select the right blue shoulder-pike.
If you insist, Demon! Select the Sickle-shaped horns on top of the Demon’s head.
Deal the finishing blow to his head, and…
-
-
Back to Trial mode!
- King of Driving: Press the fifth statement, and do the following:
Not that it’s a problem… Select Parenting style
(At what point, in that mess of non-scrutinized events, lies the answer to this testimony?)
Select Prison Escapade to gain Amy Like as a piece of evidence. Present it on the second statement to progress.
- I Won't Kill My Family – Press the sixth statement to unlock the seventh. Present autopsy report on the new statement.
This piece of evidence explains what caused the witness's moving outrage! Present Dad Cards
(Should I accept that Larry's the killer, or make my last stand...) Select He’s Guilty… for a new ending, or select I’ll make my Last Stand! to progress.
This is what Way Ned meant when he said 'entrance!' Select Elevator shaft to progress, and Crime Scene No. 1 for a funny bad
ending.
(Do I have another argument?) Either option progresses the narrative.
Final Battle (be sure to save here – it’s pretty intense): Press the fourth statement to get:
(Does something here strike me as odd?) Select Something’s off to get a clue.
Press the eighth statement leading to this: I...
Select Leave that to me!
Larry never entered the employees' room, and what substantiates it is... Present Clue, which will update the Butz Pistol. In addition, another statement will be added.
OUR ONLY WEAPON’S BEEN DESIGNED TO USE ALL KINDS OF BULLETS, SO SHUDDUP! - Present the updated Butz Pistol.
One chance it is then.
Do you have any evidence that supports Way Ned's testimony? Present small bullet, and there you have it – the battle’s over! Enjoy the rest.
I apologize for the long loading times; it turns out that because this was my first case, I was too far along the first part, so I had to finish it in one trial, making the game quite slow, especially when saving. Other than that, I hope you loved it! Thank you for playing!
One case isn't enough, I always say. Which is why I'm hosting The Creepy Turnabout in the same thread!

The Creepy Turnabout is set between Reunion and Turnabout and The Lost Turnabout, where Phoenix Wright will defend a client accused of kidnapping for the first time in Ace Attorney history. Unlike Turnabout of Fate, which was a large case crammed into one trial, this case will be released into two parts, because I'm not falling for that mistake again. Here's a couple screenshots (Turnabout of Fate admittedly doesn't have screenshots, but don't let that fool you - the cases are playable on BOTH Firefox and Google Chrome):
Play!
Part 1: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=106226
Part 2: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=113729

Walkthrough:
Investigation, Day 1:
For the fastest run possible, run straight to the Hotti Clinic – there you’ll meet Meekins. Speak to him to gather evidence and profiles. After which, Examine the benches to find a broken bottle of wine (grape juice – come now, we all know it’s alcohol). You’re ready to meet your client: Director Hotti! Turns out what grosses you out the most isn’t his speech, but rather his Psyche locks. That said, you are ready to take him on with the evidence you have.
Psyche locks – Hotti: Here's proof that you weren't alone! Present Broken Bottle
So you won't give? This person threw your bottle! Present Layna Nichols
Hoo, that was easy. Talk to Hotti about Layna Nichols, where you will unlock the Fountain. Head there to talk to Layna Nichols, then Examine the fountain water to find a wet Magician Stand Ticket. Present the Magician Stand Ticket to Layna so that she could give you the location for Max’s Podium. Head on there to meet… Maxmillion Galactica! He may seem like a random bystander, but once you present Layna Nichols, you will learn he’s actually connected to the case at hand. Head back to Hotti, then select talk topic “Was the victim there?” Head back to the fountain, and ask Layna about where she saw her daughter in a new talk topic. Head off to Renza Oh! Oh! (I know, don’t cringe), to see interesting things unfold. Talk to Franziska, and then examine the garbage under the Renza Oh! Oh! sign. Now examine the signs hanging from the top of the building to get a new talk topic for Gumshoe (along with Gumshoe’s talk topics, they’re optional). To progress, present the Candy Wrapper to Gumshoe.
The other interesting piece of information is... ! Select the gum under the Renza Oh! Oh! is closing sign.
And you’re done with the first investigation!

Trial, Day 1:
Simply press Meekins’ last statement. You will then be asked to present evidence that could open up possibilities, and so to progress present Hotti’s Patient Record.
Against Layna, present Broken Bottle on the 5th statement.
Here's evidence that proves Director Hotti did NOT leave the scene! – Present Damaged Flashlight
- The Doctor's Interactions - Press the 4th statement.
(I should ask her this question:) – Select Was there anyone else at the scene?
(Something about that sounds fishy. Should I have it added to the testimony?) – Select Yes
On the new statement, present Maxmillion Galactica.
That NOT so fabulous incident – on the final statement, present Maxmillion Galactica
- Pick a Card! – Present Plastic Propellor.
This evidence shows WHO dropped the propeller! Present Hotti's Patient Record, THEN select Sal Manella. Now we have some leads to investigate!
Investigation, Day 2:
Talk to Maya. Once you teleport to the Garden, examine Bumpy the rock to gain access to the Criminal Affairs Dept. Once you get there, go to the Hotti Clinic to talk to Gumshoe, who will give you access to the Detention Center AND Renza Oh! Oh! For now, head off to Renza Oh! Oh! Talk to Meekins to receive the Blue Bowling Ball (which could’ve been received in the first Investigation, although that is optional) and examine the Dropped Note above Richard Nichols’ corpse lining. Now head off to the Detention Center to talk to Hotti and receive the Chemistry Lab Key and Hotti’s Statement. Present the Dropped Note you received from investigating Renza Oh! Oh! to unlock new talk topic “Your Snooping Spots.” Select that to gain access to the Fountain and the Corgi Park, though for now you should head BACK to the Hotti Clinic, as Hotti gave you the Key to open the Chemistry Lab. At the Hotti Clinic, examine the door to the far back, where Phoenix will wonder:
(Do I have the key to open it?) Present Chemistry Lab Key
Now you can enter the Hotti Clinic - Chemistry Lab! Once there, examine the refrigerator on the left and the poster of a familiar face. We will come back here later – for now head to the Corgi Park. Talk to April May, then present the Dropped Note to reveal that she has something to hide. You have all the evidence you need to face her, leading to this Psyche lock section:
There’s a suspicious address…
Well then let's GET smart! The letter points to a certain piece of evidence, and that is... Present Blue Bowling Ball
This proves you have a relationship with that "someone!" - Present April May Poster
If you insist - here's why you didn't ignore Mr. Manella! - Present Dropped Note
Now you can enter Megalovania Bowling. Upon going there, examine the posters to the right and the clerks to the left. Talk to Clerk Clara before presenting the Dropped Note to access the talk topic ??Schickl0v3r??. Now you can interrogate Sal Manella at his hideout. After you talk to him, examine the CD case at the lower part of the table, selecting either one of the first two options to add it to the Court Record. Attempt the Psyche Locks:
Those weren’t just belly injuries:
You had no actual medical condition, and here's why! Present Hotti's Patient Record
You're saying you didn't leave? Here's showing you didn't! Present Hotti's Statement
I CAN prove it. There's a certain something that proves you were there! Present Chemistry Lab Key
But you did. You had a reasonable motive behind it - and this person proves it! Present April May
Here's explaining HOW you and May broke up! Present April May Poster
Talk to Manella on his latest talk topic to gain access to Roy Disney’s Encampment Suite. Go there and examine the bag in the center to add Marealox to the Court Record. You can talk to Penny, but do not attempt the Psyche locks. From here, we’ll be backtracking Banjo Tooie style! The drug warrants further investigation, so take it to Hotti at the Detention Center to examine it by way of presenting it to him. He will give you Calcium Chloride and an Ingredients List. Head straight to the Chemistry Lab from the Hotti Clinic, examining the left side of the lab counter to activate the experimentation process. We’re going to concoct a drug!
Riddle series: Where there's nightshade sap, the first step is to add salt! – Present Calcium Chloride
When you've reached an orange complexion, add something RED that tastes like water. – Present Hotti’s Tomato Juice
When the concoction's a bubble bath, lace it with poison to stop the bubbling! – Present Marealox, to receive its’ counter Harrimalox!
Now with Gumshoe’s Rock mystery solved, it’s time to head back to the Detention Center, present Hotti Harrimalox to open a new conversation [Your daughter] at the Fountain. Talk to Layna and Max to end the investigation.
Optionally, you can present the Music Player to Penny at Roy Disney’s Encampment Suite for some funny skits BEFORE talking to Layna and Max.
Trial, Day 2:
Rescue Operations – Complete: Present Marealox on the 2nd statement.
Something that we have dangerously overlooked! – Select The moment of the kidnapping
Franziska’s Reasoning: Present Broken Bottle on the 4th statement
Because THIS proves the very reason Doctor Hickfield was drinking that night! – Present Marealox
This will pull us into Part 2
The person bearing these new fingerprints is… Present Sal Manella
Things Manella touched… Do I have something that he touched? - Present Plastic Propellor
The Level wasn’t a Leaver: Present Mini Flask on the 4th statement
And here’s the evidence that proves Sal Manella was NOT an accomplice! Present Hotti’s Statement
Which piece of evidence supports the defendant’s testimony? Present Chemistry Lab Key
(The real reason why Doctor Doofenshmirtz deleted Singed’s memory!) – Present Singed in Profiles
- - My Actions That Day - - Present Layna Nichols or Maxmillion Galactica on the final statement.
- - What Happened in the Lab - - Present Security Camera Box on 2nd statement
Here’s evidence proving Sal Manella was stalking the witness the whole time! – Present Candy Wrapper
The cure to the remaining Marealox is…! Harrimalox
- Franziska's Flawless Reasoning – Present Chemistry Lab Key on the final statement, and we’re now on recess!

(Do I have a piece of evidence that will help me remember Sal Manella’s exact address?) Present ??Shickl0v3r??'s Member Card Copy
- I Felt Like Pranking Dat Dey :P - - Press the 4th statement to unlock a new one, where you’ll present Hotti’s Statement
- What I d1d wh3n I stucc around 4 dat 9oclock Murck – Press the 3rd statement to unlock the 4th statement, which you will press to unlock the 5th one. Present Hotti’s Statement on the last statement, same as before.
This piece of evidence shows how Mr. Manella reached the victim! – Present SpyBug Spy Bug
- - It’s Time 4 J00r Deth >:) - - Press the 5th statement to unlock the next one. Press the new statement to unlock the ending statement, to which you can present the Damaged Flashlight to defeat the boss.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s Dig - There are no contradictions in this final testimony. Simply press all statements.
Yes,[#] yes we do, Your Honor. Here’s evidence that explains Mr. Manella’s motive! – An optional question with no wrong answers. Present April May Poster or April May for the correct answer.
And with that, the case is closed. Enjoy the endings!

Alternate Endings/Game Overs (inspired by Gyakuten Kenji 2009):
Classic Trilogy game overs are used for Day 1 Investigation and Trial. Day 2 Investigation changes the Magatama game over at the Corgi Park and onwards. Day 2 Trial features the aforementioned classic Trilogy game over, but is later changed when Dr. Doofenshmirtz appears. The Creepy Turnabout – Part 2 features a variant of part 1’s last game over, and changes to the longest alternate ending when you lose to Penny Nichols. Losing to Franziska results in a variant to this new ending, but losing to the boss results in another alternate ending (with a variant for the final testimony), where you can choose to either restart the game at the beginning of the boss phase or end the game indefinitely. I hope you’ll have fun playing them as much as I did writing them!

Music:
Phoenix Wright Trilogy:
Trick and Magic GS2/GS3, Iris Theme GS3 (Elegy of the Captured), Courtroom Lobby 2002, Trial 2002, Pursuit - Questioned, Confess the Truth 2002, Cross Examination ~ Moderato and Allegro 2002, Maya Fey’s Theme 2001/2002, Search – Opening/Core 2002, Won the Case! 2002, Pearl’s Theme 2002, Detention Center GS2/GS3, Psyche Lock 2002, Jingle – Can’t Sleep On A Night Like This (2002), Suspense 2001, Phoenix Wright’s Ringtone, Here’s Detective Gumshoe (2001), Kurain Village 2002

Objection 2001, Allegro 2001 Remix by Black Jack, Allegro 2001 Ace Attorney Anime

Dai Gyakuten Saiban:
Confess the Truth 2015
Cross Examination – Moderato 2015/Allegro 2015/Presto 2015 (Reasoning Battle)
Suspense 1
Investigation Beginning/Core 2015
Closing Argument/Final Appeal
Suspicious People 2015
Witness Theme

Gyakuten Kenji:
Turnabout Visitor – Opening 2
Investigation Opening/Core 2009
Tricks and Gimmicks
Miles Edgeworth – Great Revival 2009 (Credits)

Gyakuten Kenji 2:
The Inherited Turnabout - Prologue Part 1

Spirit of Justice: Suspicious People 2016

Game Over: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Torri ... nload).mp3
Beautiful Chinese Music – Tranquil Departure

Gex 2: Enter the Gecko:
Media Dimension
Toon TV – Wild West, Carrot Patch, Wabbit Season

A Hat In Time:
Train Rush
Mafia Theme

Regretful People by Broocevelt
Whither Must I Wander – Ralph Vaughan Williams
Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Reminiscence – Bewitched Fate
Ghost Trick – Phantom Detective: A Dashing Enigma
Spirit of Justice: Suspicious People 2016
Metroid Fusion: Final Mission
Super Mario RPG (1996, SNES): Here’s Some Weapons
Mario Party 3: Deep Blooper Sea
Donkey Kong Country (1994, SNES): Aquatic Ambience

Phineas and Ferb:
My Name is Doof (Slightly modified by me for a more satisfying loop)
Lies, Lies, Lies!
Phineas and Ferb – Across the Second Dimension (2011) ~ Brand New Reality
Phineas and Ferb – Ride Again (DS, 2010) – Final Boss

Miscellaneous Themes used:

Tim Burton - Booty Man
Whack-A-Mole Plug’N’Play Title Theme – Download link here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mousy ... kamole.mp3
Mango Plumo – Weather Adventure (literally no one knows about this game, but I played it as a little kid – aww, good times):
Professor Funnybone’s Theme
(2000 Looney Tunes Animated Movie) Tweety’s High-Flying Adventure: Tweety Doesn’t Stand a Chance (Like My Name Is Doof, this version used in-game is modified by me, using There’s a Platypus Controlling Me from Phineas and Ferb, download link for THIS version is here):
https://github.com/Torri800/MGsoundeffe ... 3?raw=true
Smash Mouth: All Stars
Crank That (Soulja Boy) – Travis Barker Remix
Tweety’s High-Flying Adventure: Tweety Doesn’t Stand a Chance (original version, NOT used in game – download links below): https://github.com/Torri800/MGsound-eff ... 3?raw=true
WITH Intro: https://github.com/Torri800/MGsound-eff ... 3?raw=true
Without Intro (this song because it defined my childhood): https://github.com/Torri800/MGsound-eff ... 3?raw=true

I'd like to know what you think of these cases. If there's a bug, please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks again for playing - I hope you had fun!
Last edited by Torri 800 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
keyz05

Re: The Creepy Turnabout (AND Turnabout of Fate!)

Post by keyz05 »

Well... This is superbly great and creative trial you managed to pull off! Really loved all the cartoon and Phineas and Ferb references, lmao! XD

Btw, who exactly killed Richard Nichols? Was Kane Bullard really guilty for his murder? Or was there someone else? Any answer is appreciative.

Either way, great case! 10/10! Keep up the awesome work!
Torri 800

Re: The Creepy Turnabout (AND Turnabout of Fate!)

Post by Torri 800 »

keyz05 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:06 am Well... This is superbly great and creative trial you managed to pull off! Really loved all the cartoon and Phineas and Ferb references, lmao! XD

Btw, who exactly killed Richard Nichols? Was Kane Bullard really guilty for his murder? Or was there someone else? Any answer is appreciative.

Either way, great case! 10/10! Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks a bunch; I'm glad you enjoyed The Creepy Turnabout and its overt (and subtle) references! I've been waiting for a long time to see what people would think of something I made, and for that I heavily appreciate your feedback!

As for Bullard's guilt, as well as who killed Richard Nichols:
In the epilogue, that plot thread was wrapped up, as Dr. Doofenshmirtz reminisces to Perry the Platypus about a trial he took on shortly AFTER the main case, where he (and the robotic Singed, who actually does all the work) would represent Kane Bullard in court. Bullard is not the killer, therefore not guilty for murder(he's already a blackmailer), revealing April May as the true culprit.