[T]Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Clash of Justice - ☆○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Andrew_Truwfh
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

[T]Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Clash of Justice - ☆○○○○

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

Welcome to Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Clash of Justice

Ace Attorney Clash of Justice is a fangame set in between Justice For All and Trials & Tribulations, this game will tell the story of Andrew Truwfh, Michael Truwfh and Phoenix Wright trying to solve a case that has been closed for years, and how they followed their paths to solving it.

Episode Links:

Episode 1

Episodes Info & Status:

Spoiler : Case 1: The Dark Turnabout :
This will be Michael's first case, set in 2013, he will have the help of Marvin Grossberg as his co-counsel, and will face Winston Payne, Grossberg will introduce the "vibration" mechanic.

Victim: Balan Cehr
Death due to blunt trauma to the head.

Defendant (And witness no. 1): Matt Engarde
Accused of killing Balan Cehr with the murder weapon.

Defense Attorney assigned to the case: Michael Truwfh
Has the
"Gift of the Truwfh", a rookie attorney, working on his first case.

Co-counsel: Marvin Grossberg
Assisting Michael Truwfh, he somehow knows about the
"Gift of the Truwfh", and teaches Michael how to use it.

Prosecutor assigned to the case: Winston Payne
A weird haired prosecutor,
Michael calls him "Mr. Weird hair guy", seems to be really intimidated by Mr. Truwfh, :payne: and... Well... Has some kind of "past connection" with the Truwfh family if I may put it that way...

Witness no. 2: Victor Kudo
An annoying old man who keeps throwing seeds at Prosecutor Payne, poor guy... Wait, why does he not throw them at Mr. Truwfh? Apparently he found the body, even though he didn't report it.

Witness no. 3: John Doe
Another witness, he really seems to be hiding something, though I can't quite put my finger on it... He admitted to be on the scene with some kind of costume... That really threw off the way this case was going, but I know he's lying about something.

Status of the case: Playable/95% complete.
Click Here to play this case.
Warning: This case is missing some voices for Michael Truwfh, currently accepting candidates.
Spoiler : Case 2: A Glamourous Turnabout :
Status of the case: Partially/35% complete.
Spoiler : Case 3 :
Status of the case: 0% complete.
Spoiler : Case 4 :
Spoiler : Case 5 :
Mechanics:

Currently implemented:

Vibration (New and Original Mechanic)

Revisualization

Psyche-locks

All of the standard Ace Attorney gameplay

Upcoming Mechanics:

Channeling (New and Original Mechanic)

Vibration Location (New and Original Mechanic)

Truth Seeking (New and Original Mechanic)
All mechanics have been planned and tested correctly, due to the limitations of aaonline.fr some of these mechanics are limited, but as stated they all have been tested and (though limited) work perfectly. Channeling will be a new feature instead of just a part of the lore and story of the game.
About the fangame:

Creator: Someoone

Case Maker: aaonline.fr

(Anyone who wants to volunteer to help with sprites, music or anything can PM me, all credits of your work will be properly given in this post, before and after each case, this is a non-profit fanmade project, so I'll only be accepting volunteers.)

Credits:

Grossberg Sprites: Made by Ceres
Last edited by Andrew_Truwfh on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Off-the-grounder
Spoken languages: English

Re: Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Clash of Justice

Post by Off-the-grounder »

Do you have a demo? This seems interesting.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ahh wow this seems promising!
Just one thing, your signature says "Faname" instead of "Fangame"
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Andrew_Truwfh

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

Off-the-grounder wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:45 am Do you have a demo? This seems interesting.
Yes, I actually just added the link, the case was finished about two days ago I was planning to release it earlier but I had to fix some mistakes, enjoy, and hope you like it!
Andrew_Truwfh

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

SuperAj3 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:53 am Ahh wow this seems promising!
Just one thing, your signature says "Faname" instead of "Fangame"
Thank you so much for supporting this project! It makes me really happy to see people put faith in my work!
And thanks for letting me know about the signature!
ZekromFan57
Spoken languages: English, Igpay Atinlay

Post by ZekromFan57 »

This case seems interesting so far! However, there is a bug which prevents me from getting past a certain point.
Spoiler : :
When talking with Engarde in the lobby, you are prompted to present something which mentions the trophy: the blackmail letter. However, for some reason when I present that, the frame I'm moved to is in a later part of the game. I think you must've typed the number to a different frame than the one it's supposed to go to, so it should be a simple fix.
Aside from that, I noticed a few minor problems.
The profiles of Kudo and Doe weren't added, they should be added once you meet them. Also, you spelt pigeon as "pidgeon". A minor nitpick: the scrolling between prosecution and defence is a little too frequent for my liking: it can get a bit dizzying at times.
I have enjoyed the case so far, and Engarde pulling out the mafia was very unexpected! The writing for Michael Truwth was done really well, especially as he is able to shut up Payne with ease, and his personality is completely different to the canon protagonists.
Last edited by ZekromFan57 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is what I hear the kids are into these days:

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

OK playing this now!
My overall thoughts:
- It's very cleanly presented! The title screen, and your new "Vibration" mechanic are nicely animated and the assets work well!
- Nice custom assets overall! Also please make sure you credit relevant fan artists (i.e: for Grossberg's defense sprites).
- Some proof-reading is needed of the script here and there. I tried to highlight that in my SoC below to make it easier for you
- Pauses between words are quite long. Consider shortening them as they break the pacing of the dialogue.
- The custom piano music added a nice touch to the case! It loses some atmosphere that the original music held, but I'm a sucker for custom assets so LOL I'm fine with it
- I think a little more exposition is needed as we rushed into the case a little. After that pacing was for the most part fine. I did point out in my SoC some issues I had with the logic of the case. I'll highlight them in red below.
- I experienced the same timeskip issue ZekromFan had somewhere later into the case. I'll stop playing here until that bug's fixed.
Spoiler : Full Stream of consciousness :
- Ooh flashy intro with the spinning logo!
- Presentation so far is good. Looks polished!
- Ohh Michael's a little rude XD (also did you mean "bigot" instead of "bigote"?)
some of your pauses in the text are a little too long, maybe shorten their length?
- For the evidence of the shovel, you say "Type: Weapons" instead of "Type: Weapon".
- "Honor" needs to be capitalised in "Your honor"
- Payne says "wil" instead of "will" in "...but the Judge wil "GIVE" judgement!"
- Payne's so scared of Michael LOL and ooh Michael's mother was name dropped! She sounds plot relevant
- LMAO Straight up with the not guilty
- OK you might need to better explain why Michael has to do the cross examination. If he rests his case, there's no real reason to rush right into the cross examination.
- OOH That effect of the background greying out and seeing someone's true emotions. Looks very good! - AHH the "Vibrations"
- the long pauses in the text are making me just want to turn on instant text type. Hopefully there aren't many animations because I'm gonna miss them XD
- hehe fancy flashing colours - it's the Vibration!
- OOH FANCY CUT-IN ANIMATION!
- I like the reversed music
- Your visuals are very solid. Nicely executed custom ability!
- In Michael's idle pose when talking, there are some pixels flickering around his jawline. Might be something to touch up.
- Oh, if you're going to capitalise "Letter" in "Engarde's blackmail Letter", also capitalise "Blackmail".
- LMAO the seeds
- When Grossberg says "Well, that's Michael to you Mr. Payne.", I think you mean "Well, that's Michael for you Mr. Payne."
- then "worst" instead of "worse" on the following line.
- Get rid of the extra space in "(I need that autopsy report!)" between autopsy and report
- "He's just babbling, trying to create credibility to his testimony, Your Honor." - IDK if "create" is the right verb here. Maybe "add credibility" instead?
- after Michael faints there's a really long pause I thought the game froze haha
- oh wow you play as Grossberg! Make sure you credit the sprite artist who made that set! (Pretty sure it was Mr Incognito/Ceres)
- I think it's "de Killer" not "De killer"
- "We still haven't defined if he is a reliable witness." "define" isn't the right verb here. Maybe "...determined that he is a reliable witness" works better.
- "He did provide us evidence that the real murderer was Shelly De Killer." should be "He did provide us with evidence..."
- I appreciate the save game instructions
- there was a long pause after Engarde said "Mr Lawyer" too... You might need to shorten these pauses haha
- LMAO Joker reference
- oh wow Matt's gone full evil
- "Are you afraid I expose any "secrets" about you or Global Studios?" should be "Are you afraid if I expose..."
- "Business are not going very well, we may end our services soon." should be "Business is not..."
- in Doe's testimony, selecting the second option on the 2nd statement takes me back to the first statement for some reason and not the 3rd statement.
- "I went to the crime scene, together with the detective on charge of the investigation to find some evidence." "on charge" should be "in charge".
- LMAO the press statement where they all get the restaurant name wrong
- also I just realised, if Michael found some new evidence, shouldn't it be in the record as soon as he resumes the defense? I guess to avoid ruining the suspense, not revealing it right away works.
- Oh wow a max penalty for proving Doe's connected to the crime? Maybe use the penalty flash command to hint at these as that came out of nowhere
- de Killer outing his client's very out of character... I wonder if there's more to this!
- in the newspaper article you write "goldentrophy"
- also how could anyone know the tie was made specifically for its owner if that information was never told to the court?
- OK major bug - presenting the blackmail letter to Engarde during the recess takes me to a cross examination with Palacio. I think things jumped way ahead unintentionally.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Andrew_Truwfh

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

ZekromFan57 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:21 pm This case seems interesting so far! However, there is a bug which prevents me from getting past a certain point.
When talking with Engarde in the lobby, you are prompted to present something which mentions the trophy: the blackmail letter. However, for some reason when I present that, the frame I'm moved to is in a later part of the game. I think you must've typed the number to a different frame than the one it's supposed to go to, so it should be a simple fix.
Aside from that, I noticed a few minor problems.
The profiles of Kudo and Doe weren't added, they should be added once you meet them. Also, you spelt pigeon as "pidgeon". A minor nitpick: the scrolling between prosecution and defence is a little too frequent for my liking: it can get a bit dizzying at times.
I have enjoyed the case so far, and Engarde pulling out the mafia was very unexpected! The writing for Michael Truwth was done really well, especially as he is able to shut up Payne with ease, and his personality is completely different to the canon protagonists.
Thank you so much for reporting the bug! I also made it so Kudo's and Doe's profiles are added when they appear, thanks for reporting the typo and for supporting this project! I'm sure I made a lot more mistakes with grammar as English is my second language, if you find any other bugs, problems or really anything please do report, and again, thank you for supporting the project!

About the scrolling, while playing through the case again to check if there were any more game-breaking bugs, I also found it somewhat annoying, it will probably be fixed by the end of today or tomorrow, but for now I'll focus on smaller bugs grammar mistakes and typos.
Andrew_Truwfh

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

SuperAj3 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:50 pm OK playing this now!
My overall thoughts:
- It's very cleanly presented! The title screen, and your new "Vibration" mechanic are nicely animated and the assets work well!
- Nice custom assets overall! Also please make sure you credit relevant fan artists (i.e: for Grossberg's defense sprites).
- Some proof-reading is needed of the script here and there. I tried to highlight that in my SoC below to make it easier for you
- Pauses between words are quite long. Consider shortening them as they break the pacing of the dialogue.
- The custom piano music added a nice touch to the case! It loses some atmosphere that the original music held, but I'm a sucker for custom assets so LOL I'm fine with it
- I think a little more exposition is needed as we rushed into the case a little. After that pacing was for the most part fine. I did point out in my SoC some issues I had with the logic of the case. I'll highlight them in red below.
- I experienced the same timeskip issue ZekromFan had somewhere later into the case. I'll stop playing here until that bug's fixed.
Spoiler : Full Stream of consciousness :
- Ooh flashy intro with the spinning logo!
- Presentation so far is good. Looks polished!
- Ohh Michael's a little rude XD (also did you mean "bigot" instead of "bigote"?)
some of your pauses in the text are a little too long, maybe shorten their length?
- For the evidence of the shovel, you say "Type: Weapons" instead of "Type: Weapon".
- "Honor" needs to be capitalised in "Your honor"
- Payne says "wil" instead of "will" in "...but the Judge wil "GIVE" judgement!"
- Payne's so scared of Michael LOL and ooh Michael's mother was name dropped! She sounds plot relevant
- LMAO Straight up with the not guilty
- OK you might need to better explain why Michael has to do the cross examination. If he rests his case, there's no real reason to rush right into the cross examination.
- OOH That effect of the background greying out and seeing someone's true emotions. Looks very good! - AHH the "Vibrations"
- the long pauses in the text are making me just want to turn on instant text type. Hopefully there aren't many animations because I'm gonna miss them XD
- hehe fancy flashing colours - it's the Vibration!
- OOH FANCY CUT-IN ANIMATION!
- I like the reversed music
- Your visuals are very solid. Nicely executed custom ability!
- In Michael's idle pose when talking, there are some pixels flickering around his jawline. Might be something to touch up.
- Oh, if you're going to capitalise "Letter" in "Engarde's blackmail Letter", also capitalise "Blackmail".
- LMAO the seeds
- When Grossberg says "Well, that's Michael to you Mr. Payne.", I think you mean "Well, that's Michael for you Mr. Payne."
- then "worst" instead of "worse" on the following line.
- Get rid of the extra space in "(I need that autopsy report!)" between autopsy and report
- "He's just babbling, trying to create credibility to his testimony, Your Honor." - IDK if "create" is the right verb here. Maybe "add credibility" instead?
- after Michael faints there's a really long pause I thought the game froze haha
- oh wow you play as Grossberg! Make sure you credit the sprite artist who made that set! (Pretty sure it was Mr Incognito/Ceres)
- I think it's "de Killer" not "De killer"
- "We still haven't defined if he is a reliable witness." "define" isn't the right verb here. Maybe "...determined that he is a reliable witness" works better.
- "He did provide us evidence that the real murderer was Shelly De Killer." should be "He did provide us with evidence..."
- I appreciate the save game instructions
- there was a long pause after Engarde said "Mr Lawyer" too... You might need to shorten these pauses haha
- LMAO Joker reference
- oh wow Matt's gone full evil
- "Are you afraid I expose any "secrets" about you or Global Studios?" should be "Are you afraid if I expose..."
- "Business are not going very well, we may end our services soon." should be "Business is not..."
- in Doe's testimony, selecting the second option on the 2nd statement takes me back to the first statement for some reason and not the 3rd statement.
- "I went to the crime scene, together with the detective on charge of the investigation to find some evidence." "on charge" should be "in charge".
- LMAO the press statement where they all get the restaurant name wrong
- also I just realised, if Michael found some new evidence, shouldn't it be in the record as soon as he resumes the defense? I guess to avoid ruining the suspense, not revealing it right away works.
- Oh wow a max penalty for proving Doe's connected to the crime? Maybe use the penalty flash command to hint at these as that came out of nowhere
- de Killer outing his client's very out of character... I wonder if there's more to this!
- in the newspaper article you write "goldentrophy"
- also how could anyone know the tie was made specifically for its owner if that information was never told to the court?
- OK major bug - presenting the blackmail letter to Engarde during the recess takes me to a cross examination with Palacio. I think things jumped way ahead unintentionally.
Thank you so much for reporting the bugs and problems with the case! The timeskip bug was already fixed, and was a typo, I really appreciate you reporting the grammar and typing issues, English is my second language so I expect these mistakes to also happen in the future cases and on the previously unplayable part of this one, I tried to fix the logic problems in the case as I totally agree in those points, the mas penalty on Doe's testimony was a mistake, I accidentally added another zero, but it should be just a double penalty, about Grossberg's sprites, I did give the credit to the author and provided the link to the original thread these sprites were posted on, I plan on adding all credits on the beginning of every case once the game is finished, but for now I'll stick with them on the final credits just to save some time, thank you so much for supporting the project, and please do report any other problems you find!
Off-the-grounder
Spoken languages: English

Post by Off-the-grounder »

Actually, it is spelled pidgeon in some places.
Diyarhan
Spoken languages: Turkish, English

Re: [T]Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Clash of Justice

Post by Diyarhan »

It was a great case, enjoyed the every moment of it. Will wait for the second case.
ZekromFan57
Spoken languages: English, Igpay Atinlay

Post by ZekromFan57 »

So, I finished playing the case...
Spoiler : My Thoughts :
I have to say, I enjoyed the premise of defending someone who later becomes a killer, as well as having de Killer as a witness again. I enjoyed the writing of some of the characters, specifically Micheal Truwfh, as well as Payne, Engarde and de Killer (though I'm disappointed in the lack of references to Grossberg's haemorrhoids). Also Micheal's magical lawyer superpower was cool, almost like an advanced version of Apollo's perceiving.
The big downside to this case, though (in my opinion) was the case's killer, Rey Palacio. As soon as you read the newspaper, you know he's gonna be the killer (not saying that's a bad thing, since this is case one, and the culprit is almost always obvious), but because you know he's going to be the killer, and you can pretty easily guess his motive, the challenge is supposed to be proving he's the killer. This ultimately ends up being a bit too easy for my liking, with only one cross-exam that's quite easy to solve. Also, I was confused as to why Rey Palacio was being contacted through de Killer's radio. The only reason the Judge lets de Killer testify like that is that he is the one who sets it as a condition, yet you would think that with Rey Palacio, he would be summoned to the court in person. Am I missing something here? The only thing I can think of is that he will escape and show up in a later case, but then there should be some justification for being called through the radio.
To conclude, I enjoyed the premise and characters, but felt it lacked in execution. I'm going to play your future cases when they come out, because I'm interested in seeing where this series goes. Best of luck!
Andrew_Truwfh

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

Diyarhan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:41 pm It was a great case, enjoyed the every moment of it. Will wait for the second case.
Thank you so much for feedback and supporting this project, I am already working in the second case and will release it as soon as it's completely ready!
Andrew_Truwfh

Post by Andrew_Truwfh »

ZekromFan57 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 pm So, I finished playing the case...
Spoiler : My Thoughts :
I have to say, I enjoyed the premise of defending someone who later becomes a killer, as well as having de Killer as a witness again. I enjoyed the writing of some of the characters, specifically Micheal Truwfh, as well as Payne, Engarde and de Killer (though I'm disappointed in the lack of references to Grossberg's haemorrhoids). Also Micheal's magical lawyer superpower was cool, almost like an advanced version of Apollo's perceiving.
The big downside to this case, though (in my opinion) was the case's killer, Rey Palacio. As soon as you read the newspaper, you know he's gonna be the killer (not saying that's a bad thing, since this is case one, and the culprit is almost always obvious), but because you know he's going to be the killer, and you can pretty easily guess his motive, the challenge is supposed to be proving he's the killer. This ultimately ends up being a bit too easy for my liking, with only one cross-exam that's quite easy to solve. Also, I was confused as to why Rey Palacio was being contacted through de Killer's radio. The only reason the Judge lets de Killer testify like that is that he is the one who sets it as a condition, yet you would think that with Rey Palacio, he would be summoned to the court in person. Am I missing something here? The only thing I can think of is that he will escape and show up in a later case, but then there should be some justification for being called through the radio.
To conclude, I enjoyed the premise and characters, but felt it lacked in execution. I'm going to play your future cases when they come out, because I'm interested in seeing where this series goes. Best of luck!
Thanks a lot for your feedback and support!
I should mention here that the lack of mention to Grossberg's hemorrhoids is truly the worst thing I have ever done, but thanks for supporting the project anyway.

About Palacio's testimony, I should clarify the reason he testifies through de Killer's radio, Payne is willing to do anything to win this case (I should also clarify that) it's a question of honor because Andressa Truwfh was the first defense attorney to win a "not guilty" in one of Payne's cases, and as the judge said, if court is adjourned for the day, the prosecution will determine if that evidence Michael and Grossberg brought is indeed related to the case and if it's going to be useful evidence, though this sounds very odd for the case, full examination wasn't done so the evidence could be brought to court ASAP, and if that evidence points out another killer, Payne will most surely get rid of it and the case will never be properly solved, as you said, anyone who gives a look to the evidence brought by Michael and Grossberg already knows who the real killer is, so Payne wouldn't make the huge mistake of letting it go into court, an example would be the tie, which is specially made for the owner, with a Kruoyese pattern, and is exactly the same as Palacio's, that's already enough evidence to point out a new suspect, though it might not be enough to prove he was the killer. Also, de Killer was hiding at Palacio's house as stated by him in his confession, and Michael wanted to drag the trial as much as possible so that the evidence tying Palacio to the crime wouldn't be dismissed, and not to mention Palacio was nowhere near the crime scene or the courtroom, so Payne could easily use that as an excuse to end the proceedings for that day, not to mention the tie would be a lot easier to spot once he was physically in court, and de Killer would do anything to protect his client, also summoning a witness with a tight schedule without previous warning would not be an option as Palacio could sue Michael for accusing him and making him lose jobs or important meetings, and they had the perfect alternative right there.

Now another important thing you mentioned was how easy it is for the player to deduce Palacio is the killer and what his motive is, and also how easy it is to get him to confess, now, be aware this is going to be a hint to the plot you are supposed to realize throughout the game, but not a spoiler, I'll just mark it as one in case you want to figure it out by yourself, but it's nothing major.
The reason why it's so easy to catch Engarde will be later explained in future cases, and also why detective Trevas was so collaborative, it is part of his character to be kind and help even his "enemies", but there is a bigger reason to it this time, I know it makes the case a bit easy and for some players boring, but this sensation is designed on purpose for the player to doubt how easy it was, so that the major plot can unfold.
Thanks for all the support and feedback! I really appreciate it!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T]Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Clash of Justice - ●○○○○

Post by Enthalpy »

☆ This case is pending a QA inspection to be featured.

...I have a different QA that I'm finishing up, so I'm passing this review to one of our other QA'ers.

Given that some of the other reviews of this case have pointed out some grammar issues, I'll give an additional grammar pass of this case myself, after you've made whatever changes the QA'er requests.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson