[T] Rean Schwarzer: Ace Attorney - Investigations

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

keyz05
Spoken languages: English

[T] Rean Schwarzer: Ace Attorney - Investigations

Post by keyz05 »

Summary: It was April of S.1204 during Trails of Cold Steel 1 (Sen no Kiseki 1), Rean Schwarzer alongside Class VII is going to investigate a series of murders that have been strangely occurring across the Empire which leads to a strange conspiracy. Can Rean and his crew be able to solve these crimes? And uncover... Whatever mystery floats among them?

Looking for spriters for resources around the Erebonian Empire, Music, Resources, Voice Clips, and all character sprites in Cold Steel. This game will be a huge inspiration from Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney - Investigations 2 (Prosecutor's Path). Thanks!

For anyone interested in this project, please send me a friend request on Discord so I can talk about this in the DM: Beardwalk#1731

Trails/Kiseki (c) Nihon Falcom Corporation
eerew

Re: [T] Rean Schwarzer: Ace Attorney - Investigations

Post by eerew »

Why are you doing this a second time
eerewalt

Post by eerewalt »

hi
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

eerewalt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:25 pmhi
..? :trilo:
Squidwarden

Post by Squidwarden »

have you read risefromtheashes' advice for you from your previous post?
Image Image
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

Squidwarden wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:11 am have you read risefromtheashes' advice for you from your previous post?
I did. Yes. Why?
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

I don’t think there’s any need for everyone to bully someone for being passionate about their project. Expecting someone to shell out cash for a fan-project that can’t be sold to recoup losses is also not realistic.

I think the reason you’re not getting a great reaction to this project is that it comes across like all you have is the idea and you need other people to come and basically build the entire game for you. My advice, if you actually want to complete this project, would be to downsize it to focus on the parts that you’re capable of completing on your own, rather than having the majority of the project (art, sound, voices, music, etc.) rely on other people. It sounds like writing is your main thing, so why not try a fanfic instead of working in a format that doesn’t play to your strengths?

If you’re dead set on making it a game, then unless you miraculously stumble upon an artist/musician/voice actor Trails fan who had the same idea and was just looking for a writer (which is not very likely), then you’ll have to learn to fill out all those roles yourself. As someone currently filling out all of those roles themselves in my own project, I can tell you that it’s quite difficult. You will have a tough time finding people who care enough to even play the project, let alone help with it. But channeling your passion into learning new things is never a bad thing if you want to go that route. Just don’t expect people to hold your hand through the entire learning process, because it’s tough.

I wish you good luck with however you choose to go about this, though.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

TimeAxis wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:15 am I don’t think there’s any need for everyone to bully someone for being passionate about their project. Expecting someone to shell out cash for a fan-project that can’t be sold to recoup losses is also not realistic.

I think the reason you’re not getting a great reaction to this project is that it comes across like all you have is the idea and you need other people to come and basically build the entire game for you. My advice, if you actually want to complete this project, would be to downsize it to focus on the parts that you’re capable of completing on your own, rather than having the majority of the project (art, sound, voices, music, etc.) rely on other people. It sounds like writing is your main thing, so why not try a fanfic instead of working in a format that doesn’t play to your strengths?

If you’re dead set on making it a game, then unless you miraculously stumble upon an artist/musician/voice actor Trails fan who had the same idea and was just looking for a writer (which is not very likely), then you’ll have to learn to fill out all those roles yourself. As someone currently filling out all of those roles themselves in my own project, I can tell you that it’s quite difficult. You will have a tough time finding people who care enough to even play the project, let alone help with it. But channeling your passion into learning new things is never a bad thing if you want to go that route. Just don’t expect people to hold your hand through the entire learning process, because it’s tough.

I wish you good luck with however you choose to go about this, though.
Yeah, I was a bit too aggressive in my post on the other thread (I was pretty upset lol), but this is basically a much more coherent and precise version of what I think. It's impossible to just expect this kind of work to be done for you, and you'll have to either learn to do it yourself or make it less ambitious in some ways to accommodate for the resources and skills you have available.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!