★ Trial Series: Ace Attorney Chronicles: Apollo Justice

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

TheFifthAce
Spoken languages: English

Re: ★ Trial Series: Ace Attorney Chronicles: Apollo Justice

Post by TheFifthAce »

Meph wrote: [*]Harrow is a brilliant character! :XD:
Thank you! :D
Meph

Post by Meph »

Phew. I've finally finished the review for chapter 4. In chapter 5, are the investigation and the trial in the same chapter? If so, make sure you split them in future. ;)

Also, the investigations and trials don't happen on separate days. Trials are usually done in the morning, and investigations are usually done in the evening. You might want to edit your case to reflect that.
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

Meph wrote:Phew. I've finally finished the review for chapter 4. In chapter 5, are the investigation and the trial in the same chapter? If so, make sure you split them in future. ;)

Also, the investigations and trials don't happen on separate days. Trials are usually done in the morning, and investigations are usually done in the evening. You might want to edit your case to reflect that.
Will do! :) And yes they are in the same chapter.
Meph

Post by Meph »

QA review
Chapter 5
  • Did you use Calisto Yew's theme for Ms Thorne in earlier chapters? Edit them so that you do.
  • See if you can add some sound effects in some places when characters are talking.
  • Spaces after ellipsis.
  • Mort seems to disappear after talking to him about Eve.
  • I don't get the pun about Eve being angelic. :(
  • Change it so that I have to use the Move button to move to the school's entrance.
  • Before Trayton gives them the newspaper, use the "Display evidence" action so that we know what he's talking about.
  • The newspaper has a very long description. Put it in a "Check" page instead.
  • It's very unusual for Apollo to accuse someone as the killer in front of their face in an investigation. They usually do that in court. Usually, Apollo confronts them without giving away that he knows that they're the killer.
  • There needs to be a discussion in the defendant's lobby. You could just do a re-cap of everything that you discovered in the investigation.
  • Don't forget to use the location dialogue when you enter court. ;)
  • Show Trayton on the stand for two seconds immediately after the black screen.
  • Only the prosecution should ask for the name and occupation.
  • Correction / Go on, tell us why you couldn't be the spy. / Please tell us why you couldn't be the spy.
  • When Apollo accuses Trayton in court, it doesn't have enough impact. I've edited it for you. :)
  • Use the "Shout" sound effect for Fallborough instead of Edgeworth's objection voice. Also, make sure you put him on the witness stand, not the co-council.
  • Use the Final Testimony music in the witness testimony as well as in the cross-examination.
  • Let's make the final testimony a bit harder. Change the testimony so that it's like this:
    1. Yeah, so maybe I'm a cop.
    2. But why would a member of law enforcement take such a drastic turn?
    3. You still have no means of tying me to the crime.
    4. You're better off just giving up. It's over, Red.
    Make the third statement statement hidden and reveal it when the player presses the second statement.
  • Let's add some more sound effects to reflect the emotion in dialogues.
  • Use Display evidence when Apollo says "Observe, if you will, the murder weapon."
  • The Pursuit theme stops too early.
  • I don't think you should make the judge declare his verdict yet. Make Trayton object before that happens.
  • Correction / Present your final evidence against this witness! / Present your final evidence that proves this witness to be the culprit.
  • It seems strange to use Confess the Truth immediately after you stopped using it earlier. Change either the former or the latter to use a different theme.
  • Once again, please use the action "Display evidence" for the computer screen.
  • When the judge says "I would like to officially suspend this trial." That is incorrect. Trayton is not the defendant of this trial. He would be tried in a separate trial. So the judge wouldn't be suspending this trial; he would be ending it. ;)
  • Correction / I hereby pronounce the defendant, Todd Hayes... / I hereby declare the defendant, Todd Hayes...
  • When the player is meant to present evidence in the Defendant Lobby, they shouldn't get a second chance. If they present the wrong evidence, that's just tough.
Yes, this is a definitely a fun and engaging case that deserves to be featured. Fix all of the points I've mentioned and give me a PM. ;)
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

Meph wrote:
  • I don't get the pun about Eve being angelic. :(
Because she's dead and would be in heaven and/or be an angel.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Oh, I see. :XD:
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

UPDATE: Sorry progress on Case Three has been so slow. I've been working on my entry for the Turnabout Twist contest. I promise it will get done, though! 8)
Strife

Post by Strife »

I am disapoint at myself. :-(
How could I have missed the release of Case Three?! I deserve to be whipped. In some brighter news~
I'll spend the night playing Case Three! :-)
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

Strife wrote:I am disapoint at myself. :-(
How could I have missed the release of Case Three?! I deserve to be whipped. In some brighter news~
Let me know what you think of it when you've finished. 8)
Meph

Post by Meph »

Gah! There's something wrong with the saving feature in the Trial Player. Does this save work for anyone else?
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

It decodes to valid data:
Spoiler : :

Code: Select all

a:15:{s:11:"mode_transf";s:1:"0";s:4:"vars";a:0:{}s:3:"vie";i:120;s:6:"caches";a:1:{i:18773;a:4:{s:4:"mess";a:1:{i:285;i:0;}s:4:"disc";a:1:{s:3:"1_2";i:0;}s:7:"verrous";a:0:{}s:5:"lieux";a:0:{}}}s:7:"dossier";a:1:{i:18773;a:2:{s:6:"preuve";a:18:{i:1;s:1:"0";i:3;s:1:"0";i:4;s:1:"0";i:5;s:1:"0";i:6;s:1:"0";i:7;i:1;i:8;s:1:"0";i:9;s:1:"0";i:10;s:1:"0";i:11;s:1:"0";i:12;s:1:"0";i:13;s:1:"0";i:14;s:1:"0";i:15;s:1:"0";i:16;i:0;i:17;i:0;i:18;i:0;i:19;i:0;}s:6:"profil";a:15:{i:1;s:1:"0";i:2;s:1:"0";i:3;s:1:"0";i:4;s:1:"0";i:5;s:1:"0";i:6;s:1:"0";i:7;s:1:"0";i:8;s:1:"0";i:9;s:1:"0";i:10;s:1:"0";i:11;s:1:"0";i:12;s:1:"0";i:13;s:1:"0";i:14;s:1:"0";i:15;s:1:"0";}}}s:9:"id_proces";s:5:"18773";s:10:"id_courant";i:713;s:16:"musique_en_cours";i:-1;s:15:"perso_qui_parle";i:1;s:13:"perso_affiche";i:1;s:19:"image_fixe_en_cours";s:42:"Ressources/Images/persosMuets/Apollo/1.gif";s:19:"image_anim_en_cours";s:42:"Ressources/Images/persosMuets/Apollo/1.gif";s:13:"fond_en_cours";s:94:"url("Ressources/Images/salle_d_audience/banc_defense_aa4.jpg") repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent";s:13:"banc_en_cours";s:62:"url("Ressources/Images/salle_d_audience/banc_defense_aa4.gif")";s:10:"user_input";a:7:{s:11:"etat_actuel";s:0:"";s:14:"message_sol_CI";s:5:"0_590";s:15:"type_elt_sol_CI";s:13:"preuve_preuve";s:13:"id_elt_sol_CI";s:4:"0_16";s:17:"message_succes_CI";s:7:"644_645";s:16:"message_echec_CI";s:3:"637";s:16:"message_debut_CI";i:587;}}
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Meph

Post by Meph »

I'm aware of that, yes. :) But does the save actually work when you open that link, or is it ignored? :)
Strife

Post by Strife »

TheFifthAce wrote:
Strife wrote:I am disapoint at myself. :-(
Let me know what you think of it when you've finished. 8)
(Will comment on Day Two when I finish playing it.)
Spoiler : The Moonlit Turnabout :
Day One was great, but very short on the gameplay part. It's as if it needed more examining and presenting profiles/evidence. But anyhow, wasn't expecting Klavier to go on the edge of requesting a crowd of his fans to go and search information of Case Thirdteen, very unexpected. But the timing of that and the shot that killed the imposter Samurai seemed... Alike. As if they're linked. It went like: I want information about Case Thirdteen, seconds later, the Samurai gets shot. Is it just me, or is there a connection? Everything else was great, that's all I have to say for Day One, will post my comments on Day Two in a while.
Meph

Post by Meph »

The saving issues have been fixed, so I've finally been able to finish the review. :D It was brilliant!

As I said, fix all of the points that I've mentioned and give me a PM. ;)
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

Great, thank you!! I'll get right on those changes.