★ Trial Series: Ace Attorney Chronicles: Apollo Justice

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Koopakirby
Spoken languages: English

Re: ☆ Trial: Equation for a Turnabout

Post by Koopakirby »

That means they should all be in the same topic. Sorry about that.
Please play my trial series: Layers of Truth!
It contains my featured trial, Reinstate the Turnabout! Part 1 / Part 2
Heeeeey! Pinkie Pie here! Just asking for you to please check out Ask Pinkie Pie! It'll be a real party! I promise!
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

Ah, I see. Should I just rename this topic and include the other cases?
Meph

Post by Meph »

Do whatever you think it's best. We could either make a new topic and close the others or we could do what you suggested. I think it would be easiest to do the former, but it's up to you. :)
TheFifthAce

Re: ☆ Trial Series: Ace Attorney Chronicles: Apollo Justice

Post by TheFifthAce »

Done and done! 8)
Meph

Re: ★ Trial Series: Ace Attorney Chronicles: Apollo Justice

Post by Meph »

Great. :D I'll start the review for chapter 4, now.
Meph

Post by Meph »

QA review
Chapter 4
  • Once again, make sure you put a space after ellipsis. :)
  • Correction / This court is now back in session for the trial of Todd Hayes. / Court will now reconvene.
  • Once again, fix the dialogue overflows.
  • Franziska doesn't use an honorific (e.g. Mr, Miss) when saying a person's full name.
  • The judge should say something like "Please bring the next witness" and bang his gavel before a witness is called.
  • When Franziska calls Harrow again and he first appears on the witness stand, you forgot to add a timer.
  • Information is missing in the autopsy report. Namely the time of death.
  • The chalkboard needs an improved sprite.
  • When objecting with the wrong evidence in the first testimony, you forgot to use a timer for the Objection frame.
  • Make sure that characters don't move their mouths when they're whispering.
  • Some text in the testimony appears instantly. Fix that.
  • When Apollo objects to the first testimony, make Franziska object and say something like "Get to the point!"
  • Change Harrow's excuse from "I hid in the bathroom because I wasn't in the right state-of-mind to be interviewed" to "I hid in the bathroom because I was afraid that I would be suspected as the killer." That seems like a more plausible excuse. However, if you think this will affect the story negatively because of the confession that he makes afterwards, ignore this suggestion. :P
  • Harrow is a brilliant character! :XD:
  • Correction / Mr. Justice! What is the meaning of this alliteration accusation?! / Mr. Justice! What is the meaning of this alliterative accusation?!
  • "Mrs" von Karma? Shouldn't it be Ms von Karma? We don't know her marital status, and it's the sort of thing that Franziska would want to keep private.
  • Make use of the "Make life bar flash" action.
  • Correction / When I arrived the door was tightly shut, but I was able to open it with ease. / When I arrived the door was tight shut, but I was able to open it with ease.
  • Use the Final Testimony music during the Witness Testimony as well as the cross-examination.
  • When you're asking the player to present evidence or choose something from a list, don't just say in the dialogue: "The answer is..." You need to let the player see what the question is as they are answering it. Therefore it would be better to say "The person who shot the victim is..." You have made this mistake in a number of places: frame 774, frame 797, frame 854.
  • Display the business card as Apollo is talking about it.
  • When Apollo says "She couldn't access the database!" use the whooshy background and show close-up of his head.
  • When Apollo says "Thus supporting my theory that the victim hit the chalkboard and fell to the floor!" don't use the variation of the Pursuit ~ Questioned theme. Use the normal version. EDIT: In fact, use a different theme.
  • Use ellipsis for Mort instead of full stops.
  • When Apollo objects to Mort's testimony, you forgot to use a timer.
  • When Apollo says "A report written and signed by... your sister" I have edited it for you to make it sound more effective. I've also changed it so that the Pursuit music lasts longer for the same reason. :)
  • After Apollo says "...the information gatherer of Day by Day." and Mort says "N.O." make the gallery speak and the judge bang his gavel three times and say "Order! Order!"
  • When the judge says "Otherwise I will be forced to try the defendant for just blackmail, rather then murder." that is not true. This is a murder trial, so the crime of blackmail is out of the scope of the trial. Mort would have to be tried at a different trial for that.
  • It is out of character for the judge to say "Excellent!" Make him say something like "Very good" instead.
  • The word "detention centre" does not need to be in Capital Letters, because it is not a proper noun.
  • You haven't fixed the series link in this trial either. I will fix it for you.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Franziska doesn't use an honorific (e.g. Mr, Miss) when saying a person's full name.
Yes she does, she only said "Mr. Phoenix Wright" about 800 times in JFA...
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Meph wrote:
QA review
Chapter 4
  • Correction / This court is now back in session for the trial of Todd Hayes. / Court will now reconvene.

What the? That HAS been done in the AA games before :/, this should be a personal preference as to how one wants to write it in.
Meph

Post by Meph »

BBblader wrote:
Franziska doesn't use an honorific (e.g. Mr, Miss) when saying a person's full name.
Yes she does, she only said "Mr. Phoenix Wright" about 800 times in JFA...
Then ignore me. :P
Phantom wrote:What the? That HAS been done in the AA games before :/, this should be a personal preference as to how one wants to write it in.
Really? Can you give me an example. :)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

JFA, last case, T and T Turnabout beginnings in the latter session of the trial, before edgeworth asks mia to prove whether "foster" had wanted dahlia dead.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Oh, right. Well if you prefer it like that, that's fine. But it shouldn't be used too frequently.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Thats still a preference, he can overuse it every time he wants to, no need to be nitpicky about it
Meph

Post by Meph »

It's important to comply with the usual conventions in AA games. ;) But very well. Let's not start bikeshedding. :P
Tap

Post by Tap »

This is a bit of a grey area actually. I took a look at the game script and this is what I found. :P
  • Case 2 - Trial Day 3: Judge: Court is now in session for the trial of Wocky Kitaki.
  • Case 3 - Trial Day 3: Judge: Court is now in session for the trial of... erm, how do you say this name again?
  • Case 4 - Trial Day 3: Judge: Court is now in session for the trial of Vera Misham.
Yeah, Ace was right, Meph. The only time Udgey says "Court is back in session", is when the game comes back from the lobby. :)
ImageImage
TheFifthAce

Post by TheFifthAce »

As long as we're all in agreement, that's all I care about. :) I'll make any necessary changes. Thanks for all the support, everyone!