[T] Turnabout Generations [Pt. 2: Need Feedback!] ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: [T] T. Gens [Pt. 2: Need Feedback!][UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

Post by E.D.Revolution »

About the map... Only because of pt 1 did I let it go. For part 2, yeah... There's no way I would've let you get away with keeping that. In fact, I told you to look at Dan's guide. And then you blew it out of the park.

Because of the experimental nature of this trial, certain things that were intentionally made/left there.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

E.D.Revolution wrote:About the map... Only because of pt 1 did I let it go. For part 2, yeah... There's no way I would've let you get away with keeping that. In fact, I told you to look at Dan's guide. And then you blew it out of the park.

Because of the experimental nature of this trial, certain things that were intentionally made/left there.

I never did look at his guide :lol:
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Liar :P
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Maaaaybe I took a peak at it while I was in the process of making my own take of the AA map :p
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Okay, so trying to release the map template is going to be extremely difficult. Mainly because this is the only area where I didn't take any real notes, so it would be hard for other authors, including myself, to try to replicate :/

Most of the effects I utilized on the map were based on automations, and not really any manual work. I may just call off trying to release this, as at this phase, it's pretty much useless for anyone else.

I will however attempt to try to release a template regarding the tGens/ASA-exclusive "check" details section. That's a LOT more easier to replicate.
ED and I spent weeks/months creating an understandable standard with a new check details section graphic. For example, the "autopsy report" check details is its own special CR section, where the rest of the evidences go with a "generic" color-scheme look to it. Creating these standards helped us be real efficient when creating new evidences, along with their check details (if needed be). We think it'll be useful for you guys to utilize as well, and save you time when developing.

To ensure there's no conflict, I will only release the court-record standards that tGens utilizes (as ASA's versions has notable differences from tGens). When I will release this, I'm not sure though...I'll have to get around to it.

With that though, that'll be the last part of tGen's guts being released to the community. I have nothing else I can give away to the community now, so I hope you all appreciate the insane amount of work that we've done to pull all of the various resources together into a coherent, unified whole :). It should give you an insight on what kind of details you should pay attention to in regards to visuals/presentations.

As usual, feedback is welcome. DD's out now though, so I won't expect any kind of attention when everyone's playing that game :lol:
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Annnnd ya boy Proton is positively looking for more reviews (well, they don't have to be positive reviews, but I could use some reviews :P).

At this point, there's no reason to be motivated to do anything else with fancase development. Since DD's out and went 3D on us, the AA community's gonna need some new talent to bring in an intuitive 3d engine that can replicate the latest AA game.

Though the 3DS hacking scene will need to develop further in order to be even able to have a shot at ripping the 3d models out.

tGens is officially at an impasse (meaning, since there's generally little to no attention to it, then there's little reason to try to make an awesome conclusion for this experimental trial). The potential for a series is still open though (if you've seen the boxart, that should hint you up ;))
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Dude, you can't quit! Not when the truth behind the case has yet to be revealed.

Seriously, the various aspects of the case are bugging the daylights out of me.
Spoiler : :
Such as why Mia is showing up without Maya's help? Or what's up with cyborg Phoenix? And why is Apollo's bracelet not working normally? Finally, whodunit and howcatchum?
Image Image Image
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

The standard response to that: Wait until part 3 goes into development :P

I'll leave the theorizing to you until then. ;)
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I know that, which is why I am encouraging this project's continuation. :)
Image Image Image
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

TheDoctor wrote:Dude, you can't quit! Not when the truth behind the case has yet to be revealed.

Seriously, the various aspects of the case are bugging the daylights out of me.
Such as why Mia is showing up without Maya's help? Or what's up with cyborg Phoenix? And why is Apollo's bracelet not working normally? Finally, whodunit and howcatchum?

Hey hey, nice questions all around!
1) I believe the original AA games had something to say about Mia's powers. Not sure

2) Cyborg eh? That's a new one xP

3) I wonder too...Not only that, remember his perceive not working either on cell in the lobby? I'm sure Apollo's pretty frustrated at these turn of events :P

4) We got folks saying the judge did it. We got folks saying Phoenix did it. Not sure what facts they're using to come to these conclusions, but hey, at least it's pretty varied this time around xP

5)I'm still trying to figure that one out too. How WOULD we catch the killer considering all teh circumstances surrounding teh case?
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Well, I'd like to see what your theories are regarding these unanswered questions. :)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm playing through the case, and there's an extremely bizarre glitch I'm running into on part one. After using an avancement to frame 1159, I'm not able to use the back button through the testimony or present any evidence.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Enthalpy wrote:I'm playing through the case, and there's an extremely bizarre glitch I'm running into on part one. After using an avancement to frame 1159, I'm not able to use the back button through the testimony or present any evidence.
While you may hate me...

There are certain testimonies in part 1... that GLITCH if you save on them, and they break
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yo enthakpy, sorry yourexperiencing trouble. I dont know how to replicate the error you have atm,since all I can infer is that youre in the middle of the trial i think.

Im on an ipad atm i dont have computer access, so i cant peovide you an avancement link at this point in time. Theres a lot of variables being used so if you saved inside a CE then your game ks probably broken or something (ive had similar reports for part 2 as well, so not sure hiw to fix this stuff on my end). If you havent, then i still not sure, since part 1 hasnt been touched in minths (well, years :p)

Ill let ED have a look at it when he gets the time to. My advice i can give you is to probably restart from the beginning again. This may hurt your experience though, so if you would rather hold off from playing any further, im cool with that.

Again, sorry for the trouble here. ED programmed all the variables in part 1 so hell have a better understanding of it then i would of whats going on
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

On the subject of saving in CEs... NEVER NEVER DO THAT (and I'm saying that for in general)! It's a known bug that seems to have popped up recently (aka 2013).

I'm looking at the bug right now. I'll get back to you on that asap.