[T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ★

Post by DWaM »

Yeah, basically, the testimonies...

It's actually kind of sounding like a broken record, but... Hey, I'm the one that screwed up.
I'm thinking of, once (in a waaaaay distant future) that I'll come back to this and fix the difficulty and general progression of some of the testimonies. Might even get rid of the super-objection, too - if not think of a feature to replace it.

Also, I agree with dragging things out. Back then, I was under the impression that long = ALWAYS GOOD PREFECT LOGIX (granted, I still kind of am), but I think I've gotten a hang of it these days.

And yes...
Spoiler : Twist :
You are not the only person that expected that.

...I just somehow did not think of that.
Maybe also someday.
Anyways, glad you enjoyed it for what it was, even with all the frustrating parts. XP
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was out for a year already.

Yeah, I got that impression while playing it. Length is good, you just want length from lots of material rather than padding. You actually could make it much longer just by taking each testimony and breaking it into many smaller pieces. You'd just have to figure out how to make them all flow into each other sequentially.
Spoiler : Tweest :
Yeah it would have been the perfect JFA style last minute comeback victory.

Didn't think of what? The tape, or the poisoning?
Also I liked the scaffolding bit. Hadn't seen that before.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

The tape.

Having Masterson poison Cross just goes against their strange relationship, in my opinion. And, as Masterson states at the end - he doesn't hate him. He despises what he's done, but he can't bring himself to hate him.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I would hesitate to add in that bit about the tape. It would just change the ending way too much. (perhaps you could let Masterson say towards the end that he was recording the confession, but he couldn't bring himself to use against Cross. It would make sense, given their strange relationship, but I don't think a happy ending is in order here).
Image Image Image
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I thought it was the prosecutor lady who was going to use the tape to record the confession, tbh....

C'mon, DWaM, break this stupid grimdark nihilism and give us a happy end! 8D
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

It wouldn't hurt the ending.

You could just have Masterson visit Cross in jail and then the same scene happens. Plus that would get across the whole "Masterson doesn't hate him" bit since he's still visiting him in jail.

Although this was supposed to be for the grimdark contest right? So yeah. It wouldn't make sense for the prosecutor suicide. Although that contest is over now, so...
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

No, it was for the "Never-Ending Turnabout" contest.
ggk3george
Spoken languages: English, Greek, German

Post by ggk3george »

Excellent case, but I have a question:
Spoiler : :
If Cross and Masterson entered office 913 where they heard the shot from above (as the cutscene shows), shouldn't they have seen the shattered window? Or did they enter another office?
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Hm. Surprised how nobody brought that up.

The truth is - they didn't. I intentionally left this part ambiguous as to 'why' it came to that, but they actually entered 813 at the time of the shot.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Red-eyed Apollo, hm?

What am I to expect?
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

I dunno.

There is no Apollo in TT ;P
ggk3george
Spoken languages: English, Greek, German

Post by ggk3george »

So, did Masterson somehow trick Cross into thinking it was office 913? Because Cross actually thinks it's 913 in the cutscene.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

That's how I originally imagined it to be, yes.

I had an alternate explanation to it, with Cross' subconscious not wanting to go through with it, and a part of him tricking... well, him, but that's ridiculous, even in my book. :P
SonGokuTL

Post by SonGokuTL »

Man, that trial was beyond the impossible, lol. I faced other super-objections in the past but the overall difficulty of that case just blew up my mind, lol.

I have to admit, thought, that the story was really interesting and well written, and characters were perfect. Also, i loved the music, every theme fitted very well.
AhBengI
Spoken languages: English, Mandarin Chinese

Post by AhBengI »

Just finished playing this trial.
First thing I thought when I played the true ending: I wasn't aware that the competition this trial won was actually M. Night Shyamalan's Turnabout, and not Never-Ending Turnabout as claimed. Also, 6 testimonies and 1 rebuttal don't seem that much to me. I was thinking of at least double that length. But oh well.

It surely seems illogical that the Judge would allow the defense to keep on going about hypothetical stuff without any concrete proof. This privilege is supposed to be reserved only for the prosecution and the witnesses. As I saw it, it was incredibly... unrealistic, for a game set in the Ace Attorney world. Otherwise, the story was great.

And that extra rebuttal in the true ending. I'd have preferred a secret golden ending for Masterson or Dawns preferably the former to have used the tape recorder to start recording the conversation among the 5 right after the court was cleared out, and allowing you to present it as evidence. A psychological check would likely declare him as sane enough to have said all that. I must say though, what the Judge pulled was surely a big "**** you" to Cross when the truth came out. Though he could just as well have ignored the verdict; I don't really see how it compromises his identity here.

Side note: There's a penalty you need to take in part 2 to advance the plot. However, it refilled when I moved on to the next part (which is part 3). This, I see, is a disadvantageous trait of multi-part trials.