[T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ★

Post by ~Dataman~ »

DWaM wrote:(Plus, I consider it a huge bonus when a player goes in knowing literally NOTHING about the case)
Yeah, that's true. If trial's name is "Turnabout Bad Karma" it's quite easy to assume who is the prosecutor.
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

DWaM wrote:
Esrom wrote:One strange thing I've noticed about all of DWaM's cases: The titles seem completely random and tell us NOTHING about the actual cases.

Downfall To A Turnabout, Denoument of the Turnabout, Turnabout Tomorrow -- all of those titles tell us nothing about the case itself. Unlike other titles, which tell us something about the setting, characters, or themes. Canonical examples: Turnabout Samurai, Reunion and Turnabout, Turnabout Big Top, Bridge To A Turnabout, Turnabout Serenade, and so on. Fancase examples: New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Bloodlines, Turnabout Scapegoat, Turnabout Daredevils, and so on and so forth.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but this does seem kind of strange.
Eh. Not entierly true.

In case of "Downfall" and "Denouement", the name makes sense when everything is said and done, so to speak -- considering those cases aren't actually finished, of course the names don't quite make sense. "Curtain" (or "Undone"), regardless of which title you go with -- both actually do have some connection to the story. Although, neither should be taken literally. XP

...And really, how could it even be a good or bad thing? Who cares? Nobody's here to look at a case title, anyway...
(Plus, I consider it a huge bonus when a player goes in knowing literally NOTHING about the case)
His point isn't that the titles don't somehow tie into the case, but rather that nothing can be inferred from the titles alone. Downfall could, well, be the title to just about any case, more or less.

...this is one of the many reasons I cannot fathom the logic behind Undone Curtain: Awakening's title change, because both titles are equally vague and tell us nothing. :P
Last edited by Gumpei on Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

Meh.

Still don't see how it affects anything.
As I said -- the more vague it is, the bigger the surprises, as far as I'm concerned.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Well... Curtain's actually does have a reason, if I remember correctly...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
casasanchez1
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by casasanchez1 »

can you please tell me the name of all the music in this trial? that would be very much appreciated
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

*Cough*
DWaM wrote:*grumble* *grumble* Making me go load an old trial... *grumble*

Alright, he's the custom music list:
Spoiler : :
Prologue/The True culprit's reveal - Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows - 14 The Red Book
Logic theme (aka, the theme where we found out he escape from the asylum) - Umineko no naku koro ni - 7 weights
Trial Theme - Umineko no naku koro ni - Reflection-call
Cross' Objection Theme - Umineko no naku koro ni - Endless nine
Part 1 - Cross Questions Eileen's logic - G-Senjou no Maou - Shiyuu
Part 2 - Cross points out the differences in the witness accounts (the pistol issue)/Masterson Objects - UN-GO - Light
Part 2 - Exposing the killer - Umineko no naku koro ni - Ruriair
Part 3 - Masterson's First and Second Testimonies - Umineko no naku koro ni - Discolor
Part 3 - Masterson shows the tape recorder - Umineko no naku koro ni - Prison Strip/Rengokou, I believe it's also called?
Part 3 - "It's all over" - Umineko no naku koro ni - system0
Part 3 - Cross' Last Stand (Masterson's Last Testimony) - G-Senjou no Maou - Road to Glory
Part 3 - Cross shows "the truth" - Umineko no naku koro ni - dreamenddischarger
Part 3 - Final nail in the coffin (Cross explain's the tape recording)/Cross vs. EVERYONE - G-Senjou no Maou - Kecchaku
Part 3 - Masterson's Motive.../Epilogue - G-Senjou no Maou - Michi wa Hyouga Nari

Do note that the titles for the "G-Senjou no Maou" songs aren't necessarily correct, because I was mainly using the titles it was under when I got it off YouTube... :P
casasanchez1
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by casasanchez1 »

THANK YOU.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

while we're making random demands of DWaM what's your avatar?

on-topic: So what's the non-custom music list? :3
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Bad Player wrote:while we're making random demands of DWaM what's your avatar?
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

huh, thought it was Dragon Quest or something
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

You said 'firstly'.

But where's your second point? D:

(ignore this)
Last edited by DWaM on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Pavalak wrote:Firstly I'd like to confirm that I did indeed play through your trial and I must say I found it very bad.

I despise your trial and I think it belongs down the pooter.

Thanks, Pavalak :D
And with Pavalak's devestating critique of DWaM's game, it was immediately removed from the list of featured trials, and became an object of mockery across the AAO English forums. Sorry DWaM, no way around this one. D:
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Red Right
Spoken languages: Español, English, can understand a bit of Japanese

Post by Red Right »

I just finished this case and I must admit this is one of the best fancases I have played so far.
The story is brilliant even though it's pretty complicated and I had to make use of the walkthrough a couple of times e w e''
All the congratulations, my brother and I applauded at the end of the case.
jayvdale
Spoken languages: English, Tagalog

Post by jayvdale »

I finished the case and in the red text is most hysterically so this is never ends.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

@Red Right:
Thank you very much for the kind words. (Don't worry, everyone used the walkthrough at one point. Whether they wanted to or not.)

@jayvdale:
Erm... I...

Thank you? I think? I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you tried saying there.