[I][CE] Hope Springs Hotel ○ [With New Dynah Sprites!]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Yuufa
Spoken languages: German, English, some Polish

Re: [I][CE] Hope Springs Hotel: ○ [Chapters 1 ~ 4 are BACK!]

Post by Yuufa »

A theory that I've once written in this thread, but it was never answered, so I'm just gonna go for it again. Though both of them are rather crazy theories, but anything can happen now.
Spoiler : :
1. Vincent Eisenhower was possesed by the spirit of his late wife, who proceeded to stab "herself" and thus renders this whole situation as a suicide-murder. Though there are two ways how this could've happened.
a) He summoned his late wife's spirit in his room and was possesed by her, resulting that she has gone to the safe room and killed there Vincent. As to why the body didn't fall to the front - maybe she just wanted to amuse herself and leaned back, so that the body would fall backwards? I mean, we don't know her personality... or we do, when those green texts in the beginnings and endings of each parts were her. So yeah, she could just enjoy the show when Phoenix and co. would investigate the case, never hoping to find the real murderer. Oh and about the missing room key... maybe she just throwed it somewhere or rather decided to frame an innocent? Then whoever it would be, would be the "victim" of this.
b) Concluding that it would be far too risky to summon his wife in his own room, Vincent decides to do this in the safe room. There he proceeds to lock the doors and then summon her, getting himself killed in the act when he's possesed by her. You may wonder what's so different about this option besides that he's going to do the "spirit channeling" in the safe room... well, we all know that in this scenario, the room key should have been on his body, but this is were Sunny comes into action. That little girl has already stolen something, so it could be possible that he bumped into her on his way to the safe room. He either lost his keys in this accident or Sunny stole it.

2. I don't think that this is true, because it's totally ridiculous, but I can give it a try nontheless; Vincent Eisenhower wasn't dead when Frost opened the door. That's because she's the one who murdered him right after she discovered him unconsiousness on the ground. She stabbed him and because she had gloves on, there wouldn't have been fingerprints (not that it matters, because they can't find it out without proper equipment) and if she would've gotten blood in them, she could've just wear them on the wrong side. Who knows, maybe it looks exactly like the other side, so no one noticed it.
Come at me bro.
Tap
Spoken languages: English

Post by Tap »

Sorry, you're a bit too late. :wink:
Enthalpy said he doesn't want any further comments on my part, and BB doesn't want me confirming anything else in Red, so I can't affirm or deny any theories. :wink:
ImageImage
Yuufa
Spoken languages: German, English, some Polish

Post by Yuufa »

Agh, damn. Well, then I guess I have to wait for the fifth part until I can jump onto the theory train again.
Entryhazard
Spoken languages: English, Italian, Spanish

Post by Entryhazard »

What a shame, I played these days all the four parts and I have some whacky theory to share :gumshoe: .
Tap

Post by Tap »

Entryhazard wrote:What a shame, I played these days all the four parts and I have some whacky theory to share :gumshoe: .
We'll take wacky theories! We love 'em! :wink:
...BB and I just aren't going to give any more "Red Truths" or confirmation/denials of events in the case. We've given enough so that this crime can be figured out. =)
ImageImage
Entryhazard
Spoken languages: English, Italian, Spanish

Post by Entryhazard »

Tap wrote:
Entryhazard wrote:What a shame, I played these days all the four parts and I have some whacky theory to share :gumshoe: .
We'll take wacky theories! We love 'em! :wink:
...BB and I just aren't going to give any more "Red Truths" or confirmation/denials of events in the case. We've given enough so that this crime can be figured out. =)
Well then, there's my analisys/speculation
I have to admit that I little cheated in the makeshift lock pick, because I felt that the combination was something clockwise without real basis, aside thinking about heaven as day and hell as night with hell gone as morning and heaven gone as sunset.

Aside this, I think almost any of the people who will die from the third letter:
Vincent Eisenhower was clearly the Husband, while Masterson is the Father. There's little room to doub about that the Detective in the letter is Dyna Frost, and i think the Victim is Scarlet Hall. I'm not sure who the King is, at first I thought it was Mastersone, because he "ruled" the hotel, but now that he's dead in the Father role, I think the more suited are Gordon (because of the wealth and the snob manners) and the Zhenganese guy (cannot recall the name, I think of him has the King because of the fancy clothes).

The motive of all these killings is related a something of 10 years ago, most probably the presumed death of Clarity, so I can rule out the rape (or sexual assault, let me know which is more appropriate as a term in this forum) of Scarlet Halls as the motive for Vincent's murder (even though it wasn't her would have been still reasonable that someone else wanted to avenge her), because it happened eight years before, when the letter refers to sins happened ten years before. Although it can be still be related somehow, as the letter says the key is from eight years before. Also in that same year the son of Masterson died, and happened that Vincent, Masterson and the Zhenganese met again at Hope Spring two years later.
I cannot compute many of the sins, bute must be something of criminal nature. Most likely Vincent has been "judged" because of the incident related his candidacy. On the other hand I think that Masterson knew something about this, maybe even helped Vincent cover that, and then blackmailed him and with the extoerted money bought the hotel. Also i don't know the "sin" of Scarlet yet, but she seems to be involved to what happened to Clarity.
If Gordon is the King, most likely his sin is the theft of the golden brooch, while if it is the Zhenganese, I think he took part in the covering of the incident involving the apparent death of Clarity.

As of the death of Clarity, I think she can have faked her death. In any case, I suppose the cover-up was achieved bribing Gant, and that the killing started now because Phoenix managed to show Gant as the corrupt agent as he was.

Having read And Then There Were None, I can't help to think that Dyna Frost is the muderer, and that she will fake her death as the third victim in order to drive away suspicion, and that she will commit real suicide when the King will be dead. As for her motive, her personal hatred toward all criminals, herself included, even I still cannot figure what she has done ten years before... if she isn't Clarity in disguise.

But on the other hand I strongly feel that Beowulf merryweather has something to do with all of this.

As how the murder was pulled off, I think that the hypotesis of Phoenix that someone meddled with the hinges of the doors using the screwdriver is pretty convincing.
That's all for now, if something else comes back to my mind i will post it.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Just a quick update. I was going to refrain from posting until scripting officially resumed, but eh. The short version is this. Scripting for enigma is finally getting me back into the swing of things (Their was our old comp entry, but as Tap said, we all agreed that was going nowhere and decided to axe the project, so it really didn't do much for me in the grand scheme of things...) And I actually HAVE been trying to resume scripting officially for quite some time but things keep happening. Like more GK2 Translation or me stumbling across the SDR Mirror.

Basically? I'll stop being lazy soon. Dunno when exactly, but I'm getting there. The fact I did 150 frames in one session, something I never did for our old comp entry, finally gave me what I needed, just a quick breath of fresh air to prove I've still got it.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

Tap, tell me this. Is Hotel Hope Springs taking place in the same universe as Contempt of Court? If not, then please... EXPLAIN THIS.
Image Why does he looks so much like Stanley Nyph from The Haunted Turnabout?
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I guess you'll just have to wait for Part 5, won't you? :D

(Of which scripting itself shouldn't take too long once I actually get back to it, as I left it halfway done. Tap seems to have pulled out of the comp due to recent circumstances though, so I have no idea how long an actual release to take... but that kind of makes my duties as a scripted all the more urgent. Got a lot of crap to deal with this week but I hope to resume SOMETIME.)
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

DarthWiader wrote:Tap, tell me this. Is Hotel Hope Springs taking place in the same universe as Contempt of Court? If not, then please... EXPLAIN THIS.
Image Why does he looks so much like Stanley Nyph from The Haunted Turnabout?
SwagmaWampyr wrote:I guess you'll just have to wait for Part 5, won't you? :D
...Part 6, actually. :XD: ...Or is it Part 5? Hmm... hmm!
But rest assured, all questions will be answered in the remaining chapters. Who killed Vincent Eisenhower...? How was he killed...? Who killed James Masterson...? We still have plenty of plot surprises and revelations up our sleeve. =)
ImageImage
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Part 2... Arthur Gaines is quite the character.. I guess you could say he's the "Krump" of the Crop... a real "Titus Krump" is you will....

What I'm getting at, is that I think he's based off Titus Krump of "The Contempt of Court"

+20 points if he is
-20 if you have no idea what I'm talking about XD
Tap

Post by Tap »

Blizdi wrote:Part 2... Arthur Gaines is quite the character.. I guess you could say he's the "Krump" of the Crop... a real "Titus Krump" is you will....

What I'm getting at, is that I think he's based off Titus Krump of "The Contempt of Court"

+20 points if he is
-20 if you have no idea what I'm talking about XD
Oh yes, he's very much an expy of Titus Krump. :XD:
ImageImage
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

So, well... funny story. I was JUST about to resume scripting, but it turns out quite a few sprites are dead, and some were hosted on Tap's IMGBoot... so they can't be acquired for obvious reasons. Which means I'll have to get a hold of Tap first.

(This could have been a PM, but if the sprites are down in Part 5, then they're almost certainly down in the released parts as well... so that'll be a problem.)
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

SwagmaWampyr wrote:So, well... funny story. I was JUST about to resume scripting, but it turns out quite a few sprites are dead, and some were hosted on Tap's IMGBoot... so they can't be acquired for obvious reasons. Which means I'll have to get a hold of Tap first.

(This could have been a PM, but if the sprites are down in Part 5, then they're almost certainly down in the released parts as well... so that'll be a problem.)
Worry not, folks! Those sprites are still there. I just didn't update Chapter 5. :P
ImageImage
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Oh, yes. Never mind, I'm an idiot. XD
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage