[I][CE] Hope Springs Hotel ○ [With New Dynah Sprites!]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gumshoe057
Spoken languages: English

Re: [I][CE] Hope Springs Hotel: ○ [Chapters 1 ~ 4 are BACK!]

Post by Gumshoe057 »

Think we could get a rough date for part 5?
XD

Nuff said.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

No idea. All I can really say is that it's about 1300 frames in and I hope to finally working on it by Tuesday.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Gumshoe057

Post by Gumshoe057 »

Can anyone tell me what the normal ending is? I managed to score a 19 (no cheats :)) and I only got the true ending.
XD

Nuff said.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Gumshoe057 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the normal ending is? I managed to score a 19 (no cheats :)) and I only got the true ending.
19? Wow. I guess the small fix I implemented makes it easier to play now. For those members reading this, I increased the time interval at the start, so the "difference" takes longer to decrease, giving you more time to shoot those guys.

The normal ending is Badd being killed... I plan to go back when I have time next holiday break and fix this feature so it automatically stops after fifteen kills and so forth.
ImageImage
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I replayed Last Window the other day and was thinking, "When is the next one coming out?" when I forgot that Cing went bankrupt. I got kind of sad, but then discovered this, and played through Chapters 1-4 in one night. I really like it so far! I don't really have any theories, as most of my theories are stupid(I'm looking at YOU, 1-5 theory...), but I am enjoying the mystery, and I haven't gotten a single game over yet, unlike Hotel Dusk the first time around :P The shooting game really gave me trouble at first, but I eventually managed to do it.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:I replayed Last Window the other day and was thinking, "When is the next one coming out?" when I forgot that Cing went bankrupt. I got kind of sad, but then discovered this, and played through Chapters 1-4 in one night. I really like it so far! I don't really have any theories, as most of my theories are stupid(I'm looking at YOU, 1-5 theory...), but I am enjoying the mystery, and I haven't gotten a single game over yet, unlike Hotel Dusk the first time around :P The shooting game really gave me trouble at first, but I eventually managed to do it.
It's always nice to find some Cing fans among us, especially those who have played Last Window. Hope Springs is an odd amalgamation between Ace Attorney and the Hotel Dusk/Last Window games... We wanted to freshen things up with a murder, and I'm quite impressed at how it has turned out so far, although the best parts are yet to come. Chapter 5 will go greater into detail the connections between the characters and so forth while Chapter 6 will conclude it all very nicely. Of course, you won't be able to be 100% certain about "whodunnit" until the penultimate scene before the confrontation, but I'm sure it'll be quite thrilling when the overview is translated into script. In the mean time, however... For all of you, please enjoy this lovely screenshot of what is to come:
ImageImage
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

HOPE Springs indeed. :awesome:
Tap

Post by Tap »

Tap wrote:
Detective Luke Atmey wrote:I replayed Last Window the other day and was thinking, "When is the next one coming out?" when I forgot that Cing went bankrupt. I got kind of sad, but then discovered this, and played through Chapters 1-4 in one night. I really like it so far! I don't really have any theories, as most of my theories are stupid(I'm looking at YOU, 1-5 theory...), but I am enjoying the mystery, and I haven't gotten a single game over yet, unlike Hotel Dusk the first time around :P The shooting game really gave me trouble at first, but I eventually managed to do it.
It's always nice to find some Cing fans among us, especially those who have played Last Window. Hope Springs is an odd amalgamation between Ace Attorney and the Hotel Dusk/Last Window games... We wanted to freshen things up with a murder, and I'm quite impressed at how it has turned out so far, although the best parts are yet to come. Chapter 5 will go greater into detail the connections between the characters and so forth while Chapter 6 will conclude it all very nicely. Of course, you won't be able to be 100% certain about "whodunnit" until the penultimate scene before the confrontation, but I'm sure it'll be quite thrilling when the overview is translated into script. In the mean time, however... For all of you, please enjoy this lovely screenshot of what is to come:
ImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

...Not many comments for the new Masterson sprite? *sad*
Anyhow, while Chapters 5 and 6 are in development, I have the boxart ready for you guys. I wanted to add the title, but I haven't been on my Windows computer which has Photoshop lately, so it's 'uncut', if that makes any sense. Please enjoy this lovely art! :)
Spoiler : :
ImageImage
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

THAT, is how I would've liked DD PW's design to be.

The chick's lack of lipstick (or is it supposed to be a lip gloss blended towards her skin tone in general) is kinda offputting, but I dig the design nontheless.
I don't understand if the dress is meant to be a see-through thing (all the non-black portions of it), or it's just too closely similar to her skin-tone. Another offputting aspect.

The most impressive though is the dude on the right. WOW, the details are JUST right (like having the bottom jacket button unbuttoned, since it's the proper way to wear it like this in a formal setting).

I honestly do not have any critique on the dude on the right. It's professional quality. WOW
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Tap wrote:...Not many comments for the new Masterson sprite? *sad*
Anyhow, while Chapters 5 and 6 are in development, I have the boxart ready for you guys. I wanted to add the title, but I haven't been on my Windows computer which has Photoshop lately, so it's 'uncut', if that makes any sense. Please enjoy this lovely art! :)
Spoiler : :
So.. whos the lady? Also... err.. I haven't played this in a while, should I wait til Part 5 and 6 come out?

Also, 5 and 6 are the final chapters? AND I FINALLY GET TO SOLVE THE CASE?
AquaAce72

Post by AquaAce72 »

I think that's Scarlet Hall.

Also, who made that art? It's fantastic! :D
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Why... why would that be Scarlet. She already has an established design and she looks nothing like that. XD

I think her identity should be rather obvious, but I'll refrain from saying anything just in case.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
AquaAce72

Post by AquaAce72 »

SwagmaWampyr wrote:Why... why would that be Scarlet. She already has an established design and she looks nothing like that. XD

I think her identity should be rather obvious, but I'll refrain from saying anything just in case.
I dunno, I guess I thought it could be her considering Masterson got a completely different look... but now that you mention it I think I know who it actually is. :P
AP-Master
Spoken languages: Spanish and English

Post by AP-Master »

The Masterson's sprite is really good! The change from the previous sprite he had is certainly big. Now, he looks like the cold and calculating owner of an arms industry smuggling ring xD (active imagination).

The lady certainly popped out of nowhere, but I'm guessing she must be Frost, the detective lady.
English Section - Visit my Sprite Castle!: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=5716
Sección Española - Visita mi Castillo de Sprites! [Peticiones ABIERTAS]: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7792
¡Aprende a Spritear! - http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7838