AAO Mafia Help/Support Provided

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
XDGummyDX
Spoken languages: English, pequito Espanol.

AAO Mafia Help/Support Provided

Post by XDGummyDX »

As per requests, I've decided to start a topic here for the aid of wannabe AAO Mafia players. Why, you ask? Because no one wants to see that idiot that plays horribly and, because of it, becomes the Day 1 bandwagon. >< TRUST ME.

So, specifically, this topic is to answer any questions you may have about the Mafia games, be they general or more specific. Any question that you ask, I will answer to the best of my abilities, and the current Moderator and the GM of the first two rounds, genodragon1, may also answer questions. ^^

Anyways, as most topics like this, there are rules: (I may have to add more if problems become apparent, but hopefully not.)

1) No spamming. Only post here if you have a question, please.
2) No flaming others and such. It gets annoying.
3a) When there are no Mafia games currently going on, any question of any kind about the game may be asked.
3b) HOWEVER. If there is a Mafia game in session, then note that I will not answer (Nor should anyone be asking.) specific questions that involve gameplay, or what to do in a given situation.
3c) However, if the Moderator so chooses, this thread may be locked during gameplay to prevent n00bishness altogether.
4) Please, ask reasonable questions. I don't feel like getting questions like, "How do you play Mafia?", which is better answered by the rules than by asking me.
5) Check and make sure no one has already asked your question before asking. I'm not going to answer the same question more than once.
6) Ask your question in plain English, please. I don't want to have to descipher anyone's "1337" on a daily basis.
7) When Mafia games are in-play, only I am allowed to answer any questions asked, so that I can decide if they are too specific or not.(This is, of course, pending on if Rule 3c is carried out or not.) Any Mafia vet can answer a question when Mafia is not in-play, if they feel they have a competent answer.
8) If you feel your question is too "embaressing" to ask on the forum, feel free to PM me your question. Note that the other rules still apply to questions sent via PM. :D

Alright, ask away. ^^

Edit: Because this is asked for so much, and because people need to stop bugging Anti, here:

This is a link to the basics of any Mafia game.

Note: In ours, however, we can talk during Night phases, and other minor tweaks.

GENO EDIT: No doctors? That may change one day. Put in Announcements for convenience.
Last edited by XDGummyDX on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thank you for the sig, Kuro~
videocrazy
Spoken languages: English

Re: AAO Mafia Help/Support Provided

Post by videocrazy »

You said you had hours of epic posts worth of information. Can we hear it?

AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

Good. We need one of these. Thanks, Gummy.
Brb.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Trucy, where is that link? [/billionth time someone asks this]. It's just that it would be sueful for basics, and would be great for both the rules topic AND the first post of this topic.
since 2008!
AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

genodragon1 wrote:[/billionth time someone asks this]
YA GOT THAT RIGHT.
Brb.
XDGummyDX

Post by XDGummyDX »

After this, no posting except questions KTHNX. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this to two Moderators....

Okay...

1)Want me to post the link here to make everyone's life easier? Edit: Did that. ^^ It's the link in the first post.

2) I'm not posting the "epic posts". I was saying, hypothetically, if someone were to try to explain all of Mafia, it would take a heckuva lot of time. I said that merely to give you an idea of how much there is to understand. ^^
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

How do you go about forming a town watch? :P

I've been mafia every time I play except for AAOII, so I really don't know how to do it. :lol:
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
Ami

Post by Ami »

Forcemaster wrote:How do you go about forming a town watch? :P

I've been mafia every time I play except for AAOII, so I really don't know how to do it. :lol:
A townie watch is formed by a group of people whom have a mutual trust in each other, so that the townie faction can organize. This trust can be brought about by a person's actions, affiliation requests going through, or even out of desperation at times. HOWEVER, there have been many a time when a mafia gets into the mix, and information can be leaked, so always be on your guard.
since 2008!
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

I have clinical paranoia, so I never join town watches...

...Yeah, if you're going to form a town watch, make sure that everyone is a townie.
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

I know that last round, the town watch was formed by wildcards, but this round, since there are no wildcards, what would be the best way of forming a town watch?
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

You can't. Seriously. That's why it's so dangerous. Everyone will always say that they are vanilla townie. It's a huge risk to prove who you are if you have a role. If you don't have a role, there's no one anyone would trust you.
Last edited by EmaTheScienceSkye on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

Scary.
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

Absolutely...

Let's get back on topic before Geno mods us all...
XDGummyDX

Post by XDGummyDX »

....Or before I get really ticked off and am forced to whip out my duct tape again? D< Right now, you're all guilty of breaking Rule #1 for this thread, which is to ONLY. ASK. QUESTIONS. IN. THIS. THREAD. D<

For the record, I would so be Ninja and just win in the first 5 minutes. XD

Anyways, yes, Town Watches are created by a lot of people who trust each other to be Townies. However, when there is definitive proof one is a Townie, that person often (If people think they're competent enough.) can become the leader, and if informed of just about everything anyone in the Watch does. Without Wild Cards or afflilation requests for them, it's very hard to trust someone completely. Which I don't suggest doing anyways.

That's why this round promises to be interesting. >D
Ami

Post by Ami »

s0L0Tw0 wrote:Absolutely...

Let's get back on topic before Geno mods us all...
Is it me, or is everyone trying my patience today?

Listen up, everyone, the rules of a topic are equivalent to the rulebook and MAMA. I helped make these rules, just in case this would happen...
EmaTheScienceSkye, since you were the source of this off-topic banter, which defies the rules of this topic, and ergo, the rules of the forum, I am hereby officially warning you. While I am not currently the GM, I will report you, and abusing the rules is unacceptable.

Two different topics, two different fronts, both which are getting on my nerves. It's a wonder I allow other topics to even exist. Play like good children, now, I will be watching for misbehavior...
since 2008!