Remeniscence: AAO Mafia Round IV

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Remeniscence: AAO Mafia Round IV

Post by Ami »

This is a place for the peaceful and civil discussion of round four of AAO Mafia.

AAO Mafia Round 4 Roles:

Mafia Faction 1 (The Heartless):

Maleficent:
Affiliation: The Heartless/Godmother
Handicap: After this role dies, no hit requests or abilities can be used by Mafia Faction 1 for the next phase.
Power:
Knowledge of Darkness: This role will receive the names list night zero. This role can also move a vote every day phase, if there is one vanilla scum in the Mafia Faction 1. If there two nilla scum, this role can move two votes. If there is no nilla scum in the Mafia Faction 1, then no votes can be moved. When shown in investigation results, this role will always look townie.
Hidden Power:
Dragon Breath: This power must be used during the day phase. Three non-Mafia Faction 1 living players are chosen at random. All non-rolled townies chosen out of this bunch will convert to Mafia Faction. All rolled townies and Mafia faction 2s chosen will be killed. At the end of the day phase, this role will die.

Pete:
Affiliation: The Heartless/Recruiter
Power:
Call Shadows: This role can choose a non-Mafioso Faction 1 living player, and attempt to recruit them. The recruiting effort has a 50% chance of success and a 50% chance at failure. This will not work on Mafia Faction 2 Mafiosi, nor will it work on rolled townies.
Hidden Power:
Retreat to Darkness! : If this role is lynched, the Mafia Faction 1 will be protected from lynches for the next two day phases. If this role is hit, the hit is instead redirected at a random townie. However, two phases after this power is activated, this role will die.

Mafia Faction 2 (Team Rocket):

Giovanni:
Affiliation: Team Rocket/Godfather
Handicap: After this role dies, no hit requests or abilities can be used by Mafia Faction 2 for the next phase.
Power:
Criminal Mind: This role will receive the names list night zero. This role can choose a player every phase. If that target player is investigated, the investigation will be inaccurate. This role cannot target the same player twice in a row. When shown in investigations, this role always appears as townie.
Hidden Power:
Go! Persian! : This can only be activated in the night phase. This role can make a separate hit request that is not hindered by another hit request or ability.

Jessi and James:
Affiliation: Team Rocker/Recruiter
Power:
Koffing! Ekans! I choose you! : This role can choose a non-Mafioso Faction 2 living player, and attempt to recruit them. The recruiting effort has a 50% chance of success and a 50% chance at failure. This will not work on Mafia Faction 1 Mafiosi, nor will it work on rolled townies.
Hidden Power:
Meowth, that’s right! : This hidden power can only be activated in the night phase. When this is activated, this role can make an extra hit request and can attempt to recruit another living player. However, during the next night phase, this role will be the Mafia Faction 2’s next hit.

Townies:

Prof. Layton:
Affiliation: Townie/Investigator
Power:
Layton’s Logic: This role can choose one living player, other than him/herself per phase, and the investigation has a 60% chance of being accurate. The same player cannot be investigated two phases in a row.
Hidden Power:
Critical thinking is the key to success! : This role chooses three living players other than his/herself, and investigates them (this will not count towards the regular power’s investigation). All investigations are 100% accurate. However, no more investigations can be done by this role afterwards. You can share the investigations, just not quote the GM’s PM.

Luke, Layton’s Apprentice:
Affiliation: Townie/Helper
Power:
Luke’s Logic: This role receives knowledge of who has the Prof. Layton role night zero. He can also choose to triple the vote of any living player every other day phase.
Hidden Power:
Layton’s apprentice saves the day! : This role chooses two living players other than his/herself, and investigates them. These investigations are 100% accurate. However, this role dies in the same phase this HP is activated. You can share the investigations, just not quote the GM’s PM.

Suezo:
Affiliation: Townie/Role blocker
Power:
Suezo Beam: This role can choose any living player other than his/herself, and prevent them from voting, making hit requests, and powers per day phase. This role cannot use this power on the same living player twice in a row.
Hidden Power:
Teleportation: No townies can be recruited to ANY mafia for three day phases and three night phases.

Batman:
Affiliation: Townie/Role Blocker
Power:
Batarang: This role can choose any living player other than his/herself, and prevent them from voting, making hit requests, and powers per day phase. This role cannot use this power on the same living player twice in a row.
Hidden Power:
Smoke bomb: This role chooses 6 living players (if there are less than six, then half the players, rounded up). Half the targets will be protected from lynching, hit requests, and recruiting for three day phases and three night phases. The other targets cannot make lynch votes, hit requests, and use powers for the next three day phases and three night phases. Batarang can no longer be used.

Chief Gunnery Ashley Williams:
Affiliation: Townie/Vigilante
Power:
I’ll take them with me, Shepard! : Every day and night phase, this role chooses two other living players. If this role dies, the other targets die as well. The targets chosen in a previous phase cannot be used in the phase that directly follows it.
Hidden Power:
Sacrifice: Instead of any hit or lynch, this role dies this phase.

The Secret Faction (The Joker Gang):

Joker:
Affiliation: The Joker Gang
Win Conditions: This role can only achieve victory by leading the mafia to victory AS GODFATHER of ONE OR BOTH mafia factions. If victorious, the player with this role, and only that player is victorious.
Handicap: When/if godfather of any mafia faction(s), the faction(s) cannot order hits on the player with the Batman role. Any attempts to do so will result in a Mafioso, other than this role, will be hit instead. It is not against MAMA for the mafia to turn on this role, and/or make hit requests for this role, for if a Joker-controlled mafia wins, only Joker wins.
Power:
Why so serious? : When investigated, this role always appears as a townie.
This role also has his/her own hit power, but only can hit Mafioso roles.
When the godfather role of either mafia faction dies, this role becomes godfather in place of the former godfather. If the recruiting role is still alive, that role is killed as well, and Joker gains the powers of the former godfather and the former recruiter either way.
If the mafia he is presiding over kills the other godfather either through a hit request or having the mafia faction he presides over be majority in the lynch votes in his/her death, then this role also becomes godfather of that mafia faction. When becoming godfather of the second mafia faction, if the recruiting role is still alive, he/her dies.
Any mafia faction this role is godfather of is renamed “The Joker Gang”.
If this role is leader of both mafia factions, then the mafia can make two hit requests. However, one of those hit requests are chosen by the other mafioso, and not the Joker.
Hidden Power:
Agent of Chaos: This power can only be activated after Night 2, and only if both mafia faction’s godfathers are still alive.
Both mafia godfathers are given a choice by the GM: Either kill the other godfather, or kill two random townie roles. If one mafia faction chooses to hit the other faction’s godfather, and the other chooses to kill two random townie roles, then the faction that chose to hit the other faction’s godfather has their request granted. If both choose to hit the other’s godfather, then this role chooses which faction’s godfather dies. If both choose to kill two townie roles, then the request is granted.

since 2008!
Ami

Re: Remeniscence: AAO Mafia Round IV

Post by Ami »

I have fixed the problem with viewing the finale.
since 2008!
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

I liked how Itsaqua actually went the extra distance to post the video. That's style. Points for that one buddy.

Beyond that, well, not sure what to say, I was pretty neutral most of the round, but it had a lot of low-points, to complement those highs in terms of interest.
"I can do this dood!"
Ami

Post by Ami »

Also feel free to comment on my town meetings (especially the finale, please tell me your thoughts!).
since 2008!
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

Hey, the post I made in the dead thread, intended for the living thread, is:

Ugh, I'm conflicted. My information says it has to be either Random, Dj, or Itsaqua, although the last one's not too likely, but going on pure information is what made me get the town into trouble last time, and my gut's leaning more towards Itsaqua. I'm not sure which to follow right now, especially since my gut was right before, and Ghaleon's speech on trusting your instinct last round.

Funny how my instinct turns out to be right a lot, huh?

Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

I must say, even though my faction lost, this was one of my favorite rounds. And not just because it was my first time starting off with a role. :lol: I felt I actually did help this time around, instead of just watching everyone else and going along with it.
itsaqua

Post by itsaqua »

I was waiting all game for the moment I could post that video
Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

Just wanted to share a PM conversation I had, that reveals a few behind-the-scenes things that not many knew about. Karfka and I had been having a friendly conversation for a while, and eventually came up the topic that he was becoming suspicious.

Karfka:
Eh, at this point, I don't care how much suspicion I arouse. I've already signed my death warrant (and this might sound strange, but I HOPE I've signed my death warrant, I need to check with Geno about something first) And if you have any suspicions about who the last mafia member is, please tell me. I need all the information I can get at this point to pull off my plan.

Reading the death warrant part, I was kind of confused. I asked him if he was Ashley, but he said he would say nothing. According to him, if I was mafia, then I would ruin his plan if he was hit. I told him that if that was true, it wouldn't matter anyways because he had just told me that fact, and at this time there was only one or two mafia left, and so it was unlikely anyways. Out of paranoia, though, I role blocked him, until he told me the truth. I un-role blocked him, saying that I had told 'someone else' to until you had admitted your plan. This was, of course, to insure I wasn't hit, if he was just bluffing. Had he not told me, the Joker would not have been killed, and things would have been a lot different. For better or worse.

Another thing worth mentioning was our (And by our I mean Video and myself) plan to confirm/deconfirm Nat as a townie, considering that she was the only other person that we knew of who knew I had a role. So I role blocked her. As it turned out, during that night, I was hit, ultimately proving to Video she was town. Of course, that information never came to use since he accidentally posted in the DT that day, causing him to be killed. Not to mention the fact that no body suspected Nat anyways. :lol:
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

Aubergine wrote:Oh!
EmaTheScienceSkye wrote:I bet five cool points that a Mafia faction is going to win.
Five cool points, please.
What was that?
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

>_> Pssh. I don't owe you any cool points.

Especially after...
EmaTheScienceSkye (to Geno and NOT TRUCE) wrote:I love you.
Brb.
Insho

Post by Insho »

We, of AAO, would like to award you your cool-points, Ema.
They may be redeemed at any Chuck'E'Cheese's for 20 tokens. Enjoy.

Edit: Cut... but it's still funny.
Image - ???
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!

Aubergine wrote:>_> Pssh. I don't owe you any cool points.

Especially after...
EmaTheScienceSkye (to Geno and NOT TRUCE) wrote:I love you.
I just really, REALLY hate wildcards. They don't work well in Mafias with little players.

Oh, and I love you too, Truce! You know that.
Blah.
djoftheweb

Post by djoftheweb »

Well, this could have ended better, but I had a lot of fun trying to not die because of that picture. :mrgreen: Next time though, I'll think I'll refrain from posting my funny pictures till after the game is over.
Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

djoftheweb wrote:Well, this could have ended better, but I had a lot of fun trying to not die because of that picture. :mrgreen: Next time though, I'll think I'll refrain from posting my funny pictures till after the game is over.
I would have thought that would make you less suspicious, honestly. I mean, no real mafian would be that stupid. Unless they were doing reverse psychology. Now I'm confused.
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of comment analysis work. Is it reverse psychology? Reverse reverse psychology? Reverse reverse reverse psychology?
Blah.