Novus Ordo Turnaboutum

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Re: Novus Ordo Turnaboutum

Post by Blizdi »

I've been asleep man!
clcman

Post by clcman »

For those who don't want to dig through the entire announcement to get all of the awards, here is a summary.
Spoiler : Reecer6 :
Image The Golden Paintbrush - For true excellence in custom art.
Image The Silver-Colored Tinfoil Hat (That Is Actually Aluminum) - For being SO far out there, you might actually be right.
Image Bronze Canon Award - For shooting for a normal tone straightly and accurately.
Image Wolf In Sheep's Clothing Award - What lies behind the mask?
Image Sheep In Sheep's Clothing Award - Sometimes a sheep is just a sheep. Opposite of a nudist sheep.
Image Best Dialogue Option - For awesome dialogue, no matter the cost to one’s sanity... or dignity.
Image Best Most Themis Award - For having the mostest of the bestest of the Themisest. Est. [TIE WITH GAMER2002]
Image Grilled Cheese Sandwich Award - For evidence truly worthy of long running gags.
Image Understands Deadlines Award - For completing a trial in a mere 3 months and 17 days.
Image Hype Service Award - For service to the Hype.
Image Free Punch In The Face Award - For puzzles that made us want to provide you with a free face-punch. (Offer’s still open, by the way. Shipping not included.)
Image Public Service Announcement Award - For warning us of ever-present but oft-ignored dangers.
Image B.A.C.K. - Best. Acronym. Contest. King. (Or Queen, we're not sexist.)
Image Most Ironic and Yet Accurate Title - So wrong, and yet so right...
Spoiler : Gamer2002 :
Image Actual Winner Award - The only one that actually matters.
Image Golden Music Note Things - For epicness in epic music. Of epicness.
Image Pro Gamer Award - Awesome new gameplay mechanics. Much proness.
Image Best Defendant Who Isn't Apollo For Some Reason - Seriously, why is he never the defendant?
Image Best Showdown - For epic face-offs, match-ups, duels and rivalries.
Image Best Use of a Canon Character - What? You couldn't think of something yourself? Oh, I guess not.
Image Best Interpretation of a Canon Character - Showing us a side that we never thought of, and now we’ll swear they always had.
Image Best Portrayal of a Canon Character - Some characters are hard to portray. You're harder. (God that sounded sketchy.)
Image Best Most Themis Award - For having the mostest of the bestest of the Themisest. Est. [TIE WITH REECER6]
Image Cardboard Badge Award - Hey, do YOU want people shoving things in your face all day?
Image Typo of the Yaer - Sometimes a mistake makes things so much better.
Spoiler : Gumpei :
Image Golden Cactus Award - Because sometimes a guy just has to give away a yellow-colored cactus.
Image My Trusty Sidekick Award - For Best Partner/Assistant/Subordinate/Minion/Slave.
Image Walter Timothy Faraday Award - Named after the 7th-century Irish playwright so infamous for his plot twists that his initials are linked to the concept to this very day.
Image Gumption Award - For coming late and still making a good showing.
Image Dzibilchaltunchunchucmilliation Award - Sometimes there's just no other word to describe it.
Image Not Getting Paid Enough For This Award - No, they really aren't...
Image Hobo Award - For quality hoboness, going above and beyond the call of ordinary homelessness.
Image Best New Holiday Award - For things we always needed to celebrate, but never realized until now.
Image Last Stop Everybody Off! Award - Sometimes you just need to end things fast and right.
Spoiler : enigma :
Image Paranoia Award - For reminding us that the world is a scary, scary place.
Image Crossover Award - For crossing the streams. And by streams, we mean fictional universes.
Image Best Protergist Award - Protagerist? Protonist? Protogonerast?
Image Speak of the Devil... - ...and he's probably already standing right behind you.
Image Best Sprite Casting - A good sprite can make or break an OC. You're in the "make" category.
Image Best Penalty Conversation - For epic brilliance in epic failure.
Image Never Tell Me The Odds Award - Sometimes the deck is stacked against you. Sometimes you wish that was your only problem.
Image Hciwdnas Eseehc Dellirg Award - Like the Grilled Cheese Sandwich Award, but the exact opposite.
Image Does Not Understand Deadlines Award - For failing to understand the nature and nuances of deadlines. You kind of asked for it, man.
Image Nostradamus Award - For accurate-ish predictions of a future manner.
Image Best Puzzle Award - Riddle me this...
Image Grimdark Award - For when you're feeling excessively happy and need to do something about it. Fast.
Spoiler : Other :
Image Best Supporter Award - For always having others' backs. And occasionally fronts. [AWARDED TO HESSELDAHL]
Image Reasonable Authority Figure Award - For not killing us for this whole over-the-deadline debacle. [AWARDED TO ENTHALPY]
Trial authors, if you are confused about what specifically you got an award for, PM me and I'll clarify for you. (I'd say ask here, but you know, spoilers.)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

I saw all the "show" and it was worth it, also I wasn't expecting that award. Thanks a lot Clcman and Calvinball, that is a really nice way to start my day.
By the way congrats gamer!
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Nice endgame, guys! Protocol 97 was a success! And thanks to Protocol 99, we don't have to worry about Them anymore, right? Hello? Agent DeKiller speaking. I have them tricked into thinking we're defeated. Prepare to send out our real attack.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Gumpei wrote: ...it's Turnabout of Nowhere, though. :P
Whoops... :oops:
We'll fix that... at some point.
AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:Nice endgame, guys! Protocol 97 was a success! And thanks to Protocol 99, we don't have to worry about Them anymore, right? Hello? Agent DeKiller speaking. I have them tricked into thinking we're defeated. Prepare to send out our real attack.
ALL UNITS BE ADVISED, PROTOCOL 101 IS NOW IN EFFECT. OPERATION "ROUND TWO" IS A GO.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Congrats to Gamer and everyone else. I'm looking forward to playing these cases.

Oh, did you guys remember to put Pluto back where you found it? We don't want the Plutonians getting mad with us humans.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Anyway, if everyone's done discussing the results, I should have a showcase for The Normal Turnabout up in an hour or two, so be excited!
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

A-Actual cases incoming!? *is excited*

Congratulations, Gamer.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Reecer6 wrote:Anyway, if everyone's done discussing the results, I should have a showcase for The Normal Turnabout up in an hour or two, so be excited!
Reecer6! You is my her0!
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Also, because I somehow missed this while going through the award show initially...

Yep, I'm a man.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Reecer6 wrote:Also, because I somehow missed this while going through the award show initially...

Yep, I'm a man.
Get back to work on that showcase! Or... They... might come after you!
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Reecer6 wrote:Also, because I somehow missed this while going through the award show initially...

Yep, I'm a man.
Speaking of which, I didn't even get a consolation prize for shedding out actual dough-cash-money for comp hype. :<
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Also, here's another thing of note:
Calvinball wrote:Here, Reecer, take this public service medal as a sign of our gratitude for bringing life to this thread.
(Little does he know that it's actually a bug that will record everything he says! When he monologues about the cool things in his case, I'll be able to hear him and steal all his ideas before the competition ends! AHA! AHA! MWAHAHAHAHA-- wait, am I typing out loud?)
I didn't actually get the hype award in thread! But it's all fine, because I did get the PSA one, which is also an actual award I got.

And now, confirming that I do indeed understand deadlines, I have created my showcase thread in an hour or two. Here's the link. Have fun.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

enigma wrote:

Yep, I'm a man.
Speaking of which, I didn't even get a consolation prize for shedding out actual dough-cash-money for comp hype. :<
You spent money?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Gizmological wrote:Congrats to Gamer and everyone else. I'm looking forward to playing these cases.

Oh, did you guys remember to put Pluto back where you found it? We don't want the Plutonians getting mad with us humans.
Don't worry, we got it back in place. By the way, the deal was that they get to move Earth for whatever they want later, so you're warned now.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!