I Want to Believe

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

IUndercoverTroll
Spoken languages: English

Re: I Want to Believe

Post by IUndercoverTroll »

I'm gonna have to drop out. I'm too lazy to finish this on a dead line and I only have 160 frames done. I know I can turn in incomplete entries but still. I'm not gonna get done in 5 more hypeshots. I'll probably finish the case another day though.
clcman

Post by clcman »

As an update, we have now received our first entry, dotogam's A Ghost of a Turnabout! Hooray!

(Don't worry, the rest of you still have until the deadline. And doto, we're not going to look at it until after then, so if you need to edit anything feel free.)

This also seems like as good a time as any to remind all entrants to please put Acid and I as playtesters on the Trial Manager screen, or else we won't be able to play your cases! It would also be greatly appreciated if, in your PM, you sent us a link to each and every playable part as opposed to one single link. Trust me, it'll be easier for everyone.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

clcman wrote:As an update, we have now received our first entry, dotogam's A Ghost of a Turnabout! Hooray!

(Don't worry, the rest of you still have until the deadline. And doto, we're not going to look at it until after then, so if you need to edit anything feel free.)

This also seems like as good a time as any to remind all entrants to please put Acid and I as playtesters on the Trial Manager screen, or else we won't be able to play your cases! It would also be greatly appreciated if, in your PM, you sent us a link to each and every playable part as opposed to one single link. Trust me, it'll be easier for everyone.
These are facts.

Also, you can expect to get an SoC and a review from each of us. Unless you specify otherwise, the SoC will have spoilers and will be PM'd to you. As for the review, please let us know if you want it to be with or without spoilers or if you just want us to PM it to you and not post it in this thread.

Happy ~3 days 'til doomsday and also Christmas I guess.

rip less cool ttt banner
JinniaFlyer450
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by JinniaFlyer450 »

So I should have said this a long time ago, but I'm bowing out. If Acid and clcman would like to see what I've been working on, I'd still be game to show them, but I'm under no illusions that it'll win anything, as short as it is. I might return to it one day, though.

--Jin
Mr. Insane
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by Mr. Insane »

Sorry, dropping out, too.
Well, I don't consider myself crazy...

I prefer insane...
But that's Mr. Insane for you.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Just reporting that we have another entry received - trialdude's The Unidentified Flying Turnabout!
JinniaFlyer450 wrote:So I should have said this a long time ago, but I'm bowing out. If Acid and clcman would like to see what I've been working on, I'd still be game to show them, but I'm under no illusions that it'll win anything, as short as it is. I might return to it one day, though.

--Jin
Hey, if you've got frames and they're moderately coherent, by all means show it to us! At a minimum, you'll get feedback, and quite possibly a fun little award or two. (Yep, we're doing THAT again.)

@ShadowGengar - Sorry to hear that. I hope you've at least learned a bit about AAO, the trial editor and how comps work.
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Out of curiosity, in which time zone is the deadline?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

Well, I'm in Mountain Time and I think clcman is in Eastern.
Given that it's a holiday and everyone is busy doing stuff, I don't think we'll be overly picky if you're a couple hours late.

rip less cool ttt banner
clcman

Post by clcman »

Acid Rain wrote:Well, I'm in Mountain Time and I think clcman is in Eastern.
Given that it's a holiday and everyone is busy doing stuff, I don't think we'll be overly picky if you're a couple hours late.
Yeah. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I can get it in the morning on the 26th, I'll take it.

Also, we have another pre-deadline entry (well, aren't all of you guys overachievers) from Tiagofvarela! Please welcome The Batty Turnabout!

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Ours is probably gonna be sent in at the last possible second so I would appreciate an exact time
clcman

Post by clcman »

Okay. How about Sunday December 25th at 11:59 PM Mountain Standard Time (UTC-7)? That's using Acid's time zone, which is both proper because he is the primary host and helpful because he's three hours behind me and so you get more time than if we used my time zone. Again, we don't plan to be absurdly picky, but you wanted precise, so there you go.

EDIT: We now have another entry, Detective Luke Atmey's Turnabout Abduction!

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

This is starting to look like a promising amount of entries.
Good luck to everyone!
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Due to budget cuts I was not only unable to deliver the hypeshots, I was also unable to deliver a half-complete entry.
Only reason I'm submitting is to keep my earlier promise.
Expect nothing!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Tiagofvarela wrote:Due to budget cuts I was not only unable to deliver the hypeshots, I was also unable to deliver a half-complete entry.
Only reason I'm submitting is to keep my earlier promise.
Expect nothing!
Basically the same here.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

Also the same here. Didn't even get to the first cross-ex. :(
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.