Keeping it Simple

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: Keeping it Simple

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Here's my randomly generated ranking.

Turnabout Tennis
The Artist's Turnabout
Of Turnabouts Past
A Clumsy Turnabout

My case keeps getting shoved to the bottom. What is this??
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Southern Corn
Spoken languages: English, Bad Jokes

Post by Southern Corn »

Wow, some of you are getting really close there! Or are you? I dunno, really! This is just my attempt at trying to be vague and cryptic and stuff. Either way, expect the awards ceremony itself within the next 1-2 days or so! It's closer than you think it is!
Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Post by Blizdi »

I put all four of them into a random generator too, here were the results:

The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout

It must be a sign
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Blizdi wrote:I put all four of them into a random generator too, here were the results:

The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout

It must be a sign
Still at the bottom. Blast it all!
On the other hand, the generator also misspelt the name of everyone's cases, so I have the slightest inkling that that it may not be correct.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Blizdi wrote:I put all four of them into a random generator too, here were the results:

The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout
The Clumsy Turnabout

It must be a sign
Still at the bottom. Blast it all!
On the other hand, the generator also misspelt the name of everyone's cases, so I have the slightest inkling that that it may not be correct.
Yeah, totally unreliable

I noticed the mistake too late and you already responded
Southern Corn

Post by Southern Corn »

That was supposed to be a mistake??? Dang, I guess Blizdi’s case playing privileges are revoked then. Oh, well.
Southern Corn

Post by Southern Corn »

Aaand here it is! Click here for the much anticipated awards ceremony! Congrats to the winner and all! This was a super fun comp to host, so sit back and watch this little thing we made. Hopefully the humour there won't kill you.

Also, a little bonus thing I forgot to mention. As per tradition, the winner of the comp (whom I won't be outright mentioning for obvious reasons) gets to host the next comp. But in the off-chance that they don't want to, they can give it to the second place entrant (who is also shown in the ceremony, don't worry). So, uh, yeah. I dunno what else to say I've never done this stuff before. Just uh, have fun, I guess. :pearlhappy:
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

Congratulations to the winner!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'd also like to recognize our hosts' contributions for the "Understands Deadlines" awards.

Congratulations to the winner, and looking forward to the next competition!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Southern Corn

Post by Southern Corn »

Enthalpy wrote:I'd also like to recognize our hosts' contributions for the "Understands Deadlines" awards.

Congratulations to the winner, and looking forward to the next competition!
Yes, thank you! That awards ceremony was fun to make, and I'm glad we got it done on time just as promised. I hope you all enjoyed watching our crazy shenanigans!

Anyway, now that all the contestants have finished viewing the ceremony, here's a summary of all the awards given for those too lazy to actually view the darn thing.
Spoiler : AceJakkidFan :
Image Second Place Award- While you didn't make it, the battle was closer than expected. Good job either way!

Image Understands Deadlines Award- For submitting your cases by the deadline- that too complete!

Image Powerful Presentation- Custom art is a most powerful thing. For appropriate fades, good music choices and "MTP".

Image Rubix's Dodecahedron- Quite puzzling, indeed. For the "Video of Victory".

Image Obligatory Oldton- But where's Newton? For jokes so unfunny that they loop around and become funny anyway. For the title drop of the century.
Spoiler : Tiagofvarela :
Image Understands Deadlines Award- For submitting your cases by the deadline- that too complete!

Image Wright-ing Expert- For most excellent scripting and comedy. Nick himself would be proud of you.

Image Baffling Bathos- Endings don't always need to be built up to. With kind regards to "Mr. X".
Spoiler : Super legenda :

Image Gameplay n' Gimmicks- For giving us something other than the old cross examination every once in a while. For the "Moody Virtuoso".

Image Skilful Recycling- Who needs custom art when you can reuse official art instead? For the "forgery".
Spoiler : bigwins :
Image First Place Award- Congrats! You are the official expert in keeping things simple!

Image Superb Set-Up- For the most promising of premises.

Image Powerful Presentation- Custom art is a most powerful thing. For appropriate fades, good music choices and "MTP".

Image Walter Timothy Faraday Award- Named after the 7th-century Irish playwright so infamous for his plot twists that his initials are linked to the concept to this very day. For [REDACTED].
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Congrats for the winner!
clcman

Post by clcman »

Spoiler : :
Understands Deadlines and Walter Timothy Faraday are the two most important awards, so I am glad to see they have stuck around.

Also, I made the correct guess at the beginning!
#smalllose
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
bigwins

Post by bigwins »

Well,
Spoiler : :
I just want to say the surprise my ceremony avatar expressed is genuine. I really never saw this coming.
finally I've lived up to my name, i guess

New comp soon!
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Grats to the winner of the contest!

glad to see my mistake made it into the awards ceremony
Last edited by Blizdi on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Corn

Post by Southern Corn »

Oh yes, our most sincerest condolences to the winner. Coming up with a new theme for the next comp is very hard. :random: