Three's Company

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Three's Company

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : :
Two comments. First, when talking about the puzzles, please remove or replace what you say about the first puzzle. "Train" is fine. The other word you use will give too much away if somebody remembers that word when actually playing the case.

Second, could you please send me any notes you had about your playthrough? I'm still confused about these bugs you mentioned. On top of needing to fix them, I went through two different playthroughs of this and don't understand how several could have survived. I am also very confused that you didn't mention one thing that was central to the entire game. I suspect this did not come through clearly enough but want to confirm.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AwesomeYears
Spoken languages: English

Post by AwesomeYears »

*insert Franziska von Karma bow gif*

But seriously, this has been quite an experience, thanks trialdude for holding this competition, thanks clcman for offering to collaborate and putting in all that hard work to get our project up and running, and thanks to the other contestants for making the competition an exciting one! Can't wait to play everyone else's trials!

I should practice these awards speeches ahead of the Grammys 2050...
clcman

Post by clcman »

I am claiming the "most staircases" award and no one can stop me!
Spoiler : Live winner announcement reaction :
trialdude: "..."The New Guy" by clcman and AwesomeYears!"
Enthalpy: "SON OF A-!!!!!!"
trialdude: "I'm sorry, man, I know you wanted to win..."
Enthalpy: "No! It's not that! It's that another clcman-run case comp will take 5 years to finish up!"
clcman: "...He's not wrong..."
Spoiler : Actual reaction: :
Neat! I'm glad you enjoyed the case so much. We'll see what theme we can come up with.

Also, special shout-out to this line:
"According to this sheet of paper I somehow have now, the average case has much more than that." - Phoenix Wright
Last edited by clcman on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I can't tell if you meant it'll take you another 5 years to release your entry for this competition, or it'll take another 5 years for you to finish the next competition.

If the former, then I'm counting on you to get your entry released and completed for once.

If the latter, then I'm just not going to let that happen. :chew:
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Congrats to the winners! Fitting that the guy who beat clcman in the last comp awards this comp to him.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm officially locking this topic up.

clcman and AwesomeYears, you had better release this one.