Butterfly Effect

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: Butterfly Effect

Post by Tiagofvarela »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 am So, this is extremely regretful, but...
I'm gonna have to drop out. Not out of lack of time or good story, but it's just because my mood hasn't been feeling up to writing a whole case like this right now.

It really sucks cause I was super excited for this case comp, but alas, I just won't have enough time to finish it before next month without it being extremely rushed, especially since I'm not even done plotting out part 2 of the case.
Hahaha. As if not having even half the thing plotted ever stopped me.
*sweats*

No, but seriously, it happens. If the inspiration does not strike, it does not strike. :(
Occasionally I even go back to a billion year old project and actually complete it. A rarity, but possible.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
DJJ6800
Spoken languages: English

Post by DJJ6800 »

We're just about a month away from the deadline! How's everyone's projects coming along?
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Our entry is going well! It's been fun to be back writing on AAO again.
Spoiler : hypeshot 2 electric boogaloo :

ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Making progress! College is difficult as always, but I'm doing my best. Within AAO, it's a little over 400 frames, but I have most of the dialogue written, it just needs to be properly converted.
MasqueradeDemure

Post by MasqueradeDemure »

Is this how you do one of those oft fabled "hype shots"?
Spoiler : doesn't feel that hype to me TBH :
For now our case is still making steady progress. I don't think we'll get to the very end of the whole thing, but we should have something submittable by the deadline ^.^
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

And our case is done & playable start to finish! (Which means I'm actually going to submit a completed case on time... go me!)

Looking for one or two people to playtest. Ideally someone with showcased trial experience, please! Send me a PM if you're interested in helping out—might be a couple days before it's ready for testing.

Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

MasqueradeDemure wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 am I don't think we'll get to the very end of the whole thing, but we should have something submittable by the deadline ^.^
Hey, I was able to win the previous contest with an incomplete case, so don't let something like that discourage you.
drvonkitty wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:48 am And our case is done & playable start to finish! (Which means I'm actually going to submit a completed case on time... go me!)
Congrats!
Image Image
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

By the way guys, I'm not sure we can keep this comp going. We're cancelling this whole thing. And do not look at the date this was posted. It is irrelevant in every way, shape and form. This is totally not some lame April Fools' joke by me. We're totes cancelling this project. Yeah. Definitely. Not going back at all...walking away now...for real...

oh fine. We'll keep this going for you guys. April Fools.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

I’ve decided to scrap our entry altogether and start with a new unique and original AU premise where Athena is evil!!! Also she’s the canonical villain of every AA case ever. And she eats babies. This is going to be so grimdark, it’s going to make 2014 AAO look like Candyland.

(Wait, what’s an April Fools? Never heard of it.)

ZekromFan57
Spoken languages: English, Igpay Atinlay

Post by ZekromFan57 »

drvonkitty wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:21 pm I’ve decided to scrap our entry altogether and start with a new unique and original AU premise where Athena is evil!!! Also she’s the canonical villain of every AA case ever. And she eats babies. This is going to be so grimdark, it’s going to make 2014 AAO look like Candyland.

Well, thanks for spoiling the ENTIRE case!
Wait, actually not the entire case; you forgot to mention that
Spoiler : :
Athena was actually being mind-controlled by a band of psychic serial-killing mad duck magicians bent on stealing the world’s entire supply of bread by any means necessary.
Oh, and I have no idea what ‘April Fools’ are either. You should ask Franziska von Karma; she seems to be the expert on fools.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

ZekromFan57 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:52 pm
drvonkitty wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:21 pm I’ve decided to scrap our entry altogether and start with a new unique and original AU premise where Athena is evil!!! Also she’s the canonical villain of every AA case ever. And she eats babies. This is going to be so grimdark, it’s going to make 2014 AAO look like Candyland.

Well, thanks for spoiling the ENTIRE case!
Wait, actually not the entire case; you forgot to mention that
Athena was actually being mind-controlled by a band of psychic serial-killing mad duck magicians bent on stealing the world’s entire supply of bread by any means necessary.
Oh, and I have no idea what ‘April Fools’ are either. You should ask Franziska von Karma; she seems to be the expert on fools.
Pretty sure that April May is also involved with that somewhere.
clcman

Post by clcman »

drvonkitty wrote: I’ve decided to scrap our entry altogether and start with a new unique and original AU premise where Athena is evil!!! Also she’s the canonical villain of every AA case ever. And she eats babies. This is going to be so grimdark, it’s going to make 2014 AAO look like Candyland.
Congratulations! You are...
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

So I was already struggling with this, and then my laptop keyboard died, so I guess that’s a sign. Gonna have to drop out. Hopefully I’ll return to this one day.
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Officially withdrawn. I hope you'll return to it one day, as well.
Image Image
RiverCastle
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by RiverCastle »

If this isn't already too late to join in, I'd like to enter the competition. I have been working on something for about a month now. I just wasn't sure whether I could make something presentable until the set date, but now I'm pretty confident I can. If it's already too close to the deadline, I understand.