Butterfly Effect

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Re: Butterfly Effect

Post by Awsome2464 »

Alright, technically, the awards ceremony is completed! All it needs left is any last-minute fixes by myself and DJ and we should be ready to release it some time today!
Image Image
Bannedfrom7

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

Awsome! Can’t wait to see it!
I am Banned
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Alright! Without further delay, here is the Butterfly Effect Awards Ceremony!
clcman

Post by clcman »

Well, that was delightful! Congratulations to the winners as always.
Spoiler : :
This unauthorized cameo appearance is nevertheless officially CLC-approved! Great fun!
This is both true and legitimately made me laugh more than perhaps any awards ceremony joke ever.
Having written those two myself, I wholeheartedly agree. They are excellent foils for some reason.
I take full responsibility for that enormous stop sign, since it is my oversized picture link you are using. (Who knew technology was so hard?)
In fact, I am so pleased by this ceremony that I maaaaaaaaay have a special little gift of my own to give out.

(What? Right now? Do you have any idea who you are talking to? I'll give it out later.)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

Congrats to those who participated. I look forward to checking out some of the entries when they're available.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Time to SoC the awards ceremony!
*pulls out list of standards*
*crumples and throws away*

Let's do this!
Spoiler : Awards Ceremony + Winner :
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE KRISTOPH NOOOOO

See, Hobo Phoenix is (W)right. He should announce it.

Their back-and-forth of "You've never even hosted a comp before" and "You've didn't even hold an awards ceremony in yours" reminds me of clcman and Tiagofvarela's bickering from last awards ceremony and I love it.

PAPYRUS!!!!!! YESSSSSSS

(Papyrus: "BECAUSE NO AWARDS CEREMONY WOULD EVER BE COMPLETE WITHOUT ME!") - *looks at Looking Back ceremony* Listen, buddy, I don't think you can get more complete than "we got a mod warning for having an excessively long ceremony".

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S NO YORAWNER 0/10 QUITTING /j

(DJ: "At least I actually HAVE completed cases on here.") - *stares intently at clcman*

That reminds me, AWSOME YOU HAD BETTER HAVE PART 4 OF TURNABOUT HEARTACHE FINISHED SOON OR I'M SUING. FOR EMOTIONAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE YOU LED ME ON. PERSONALLY. AND ON PURPOSE.

(DJ: "Prepare for the greatest awards ceremony so far on AAO!") - *resists making another "Looking Back" joke to soothe my fragile ego and remembers to just enjoy this one no matter what (unless you bring out Larry Butz)*

(Awsome: "You seriously think we're gonna top the last one? That one had over a thousand frames.") - OVER NINE THOUSA--... over two thousand. *slaps myself*

I really like the AJ court music here. [This is my first non-humorous comment, so I promise, I actually really like it.]

If Fu'lai Tatendhant does NOT personally get some sort of award... *sharpens knife*

...Papyrus's excitement is genuinely making me smile. And I had a bad day yesterday. Thank you. :)

PRATIGUNEST GHASDJKLGHASDJKLGASDHG I can't believe Papyrus has a horrible Russian accent (worse than my dad's!).

This reminds me just how excited I am about Protagonist!Ray Shields. (*brainwashes Masquerade and Brush into RELEASING THE CASE!!!!*)

CLCMAN'S HERE I'M GONNA DIE HGAGHHDAGJKL SDJGH THANK YOUUUUUU I LOVE THIS MAN WITH ALL MY HEART (no I'm not simping, he's just super cool)

(clcman: "You were about to present the Golden Cactus without me.") - Evilthena Yikes: "Hey! I am literally metaphorically just like the Golden Cactus! Yellow, and stabs anyone that messes with it! I should have a say in this!"

I love the (unintentional?) misspelling of Tiagofvarela's name as Tiagofverla when clcman announces he and AJ won the Golden Cactus. I don't think he's quite over the last ceremony.

(Awsome: "The Best Character Combo goes to MasqueradeDemure and BrushApocalypse for The Toxic Turnabout! ...For the duo of Young Miles Edgeworth and Mia Fey.") - clcman: "Hey! I did that first! ...In an unfinished case that I have never shown anybody!"

(DJ: "You're not actually Phoenix Wright. Just as I'm not actually Kristoph Gavin.") - WELL THANK GOD FOR THAT.

Nice joke with Trucy Gavin.

EYYYYY IT'S AH'YUNG UPST'AAT

(Awsome: "Well, I thought his name was funny...") - Me too, man.

EYYYYY FU'LAI GOT AN AWARD!!!

(Awsome: "That's for me to know and you to never find out.") - clcman: "THAT'S IT! HE SAID THE THING!"

(Awsome: "And up next, we have... Another guest." DJ: *freaking leaves*) - LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

(Swallow: "The theme for this award is going to be bears. If it's not obvious based on that alone as to who's getting this one, then hope for mankind is lost.") - *silently prays someone did an AA/Danganronpa crossover* /j

AYYYY THE MONOKUMA PROFILE PIC :D

TRUCY HAS A DOPPELGANGER HAHAHAHAHAHA

(Trucy Wright: "U mad, bro?") - DJ: "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *breaks down and foams at the mouth*

GODOT!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG *breaks down and (latte) foams at the mouth; is smacked into oblivion by Godot for putting milk in my coffee*

"Bri'ian" -- "It's Chewsday, innit?" "No, mate, it's Mounday, bruv!"

LMAO @ Papyrus thinking the Gloom n' Doom award was his cousin.

("What's a case without some comedy?" "THE ONE WITHOUT THE [C] TAG?") - OKAY THAT WAS REALLY GOOD HAHAHAHA

(Awsome: "Well, let's just say that I now know to leave one of Trucy's props alone.") - *flashbacks to Athena going through Trucy's stuff and going "Oh, Trucy, you're a naughty girl!* *proceeds to vanish and die*

OMG IT'S THE "YOU SHOULD NEVER BE A PARENT" AWARD THANK YOU FOR USING IT *CHEF'S KISS*

...Of course, I assume this award ALSO goes to Fu'lai! (I almost find it impressive how their parents literally named them "flight attendant" and they ACTUALLY WENT THROUGH *ALL* THE STEPS OF FLIGHT ATTENDANT SCHOOL AND GOT ACCEPTED TO BE ONE.)

(Awsome: "Well I thought it was good...") - ME TOO MAN

...Is this the COoPbWIC award I see coming up? YEAH BABY!!! (*pats Super legenda on the back*)

(clcman: "The Final Awards!" // Awsome: "You had to butt in on our dramatic moment?") - clcman: "Well, yes."

...Damn, I really like the AJ cross-exam music here. It's so unexpected, but it *works.*

HAHAHAHA THE KRISTOPH BREAKDOWN SPRITE

HEYYYYY CONGRATS TO DRVONKITTY AND ZEKROMFAN57!!!

LMAOOOOOO @ THE TRUCYS CHASING DJ THAT WAS AMAZING

(Awsome: "Huh? Maya Fey?") - God, I LOVE lines that are like "Oh my god, [first name, last name] from [game/film]?", there's just something so funny about them.

...The Jaws suspense theme coming on after Maya just says she runs a massage parlor is SO funny.

(DJ: "WHAT??? Why does HE get a happy ending??") - I am resisting making the joke. I am resisting making the joke. I am resisting making the joke.

LMAOOOOOOO "That'll do, then."

Congrats to drvonkitty and ZekromFan57!
Congrats to the winners, and nice job to Awsome and DJ with the awards ceremony! It (almost) leveled with the Looking Back ceremony's greatness. (*evil laugh*) I look forward to entering and promptly quitting the next case comp!
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Congratulations everyone! This contest was fun, and I'm excited to play the cases when they're showcased.
The awards ceremony was very funny; I was worried I wouldn't get a lot of in-jokes as I'm new around here, but I found it very amusing. "What's a case without some comedy?" "THE ONE WITHOUT THE [C] TAG?" in particular got me good. Congrats to ZekromFan57 & drvonkitty!
Big thank you to Awesome and DJ for hosting the competition, and making a lovely awards ceremony!
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

risefromtheashes wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:52 pm That reminds me, AWSOME YOU HAD BETTER HAVE PART 4 OF TURNABOUT HEARTACHE FINISHED SOON OR I'M SUING. FOR EMOTIONAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE YOU LED ME ON. PERSONALLY. AND ON PURPOSE.
Well, it's only gonna be a 3-parter, so I'm not sure if I can promise a Part 4.

Nah but for real, I've been working on it when I've got time. I was hoping to get it out before the contest ended but eh.
Image Image
BrushApocalypse

Post by BrushApocalypse »

The awards ceremony was great!
It's very, VERY funny to me that our case got a whopping eight awards but not first place. That's not a complaint, I 100% believe that Ace of Tournabouts deserves the win and I'm more than happy to take second place— but also man. Ursula's that good, is she?

Anyways, congrats to drvonkitty and ZekromFan57!
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Awsome2464 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 pm
risefromtheashes wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:52 pm That reminds me, AWSOME YOU HAD BETTER HAVE PART 4 OF TURNABOUT HEARTACHE FINISHED SOON OR I'M SUING. FOR EMOTIONAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE YOU LED ME ON. PERSONALLY. AND ON PURPOSE.
Well, it's only gonna be a 3-parter, so I'm not sure if I can promise a Part 4.

Nah but for real, I've been working on it when I've got time. I was hoping to get it out before the contest ended but eh.
Oh, was it 3? LOL I forgot, I thought I played through part 3 and it cut off before part 4.

SCREAMS LOUDLY TO FINISH (/j you're all good, I'm excited but I'm fine waiting lmao)
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

This ceremony was Incredibly fun, I had laugh after laugh, but I guess I should already expect that from basically any awards ceremony (though I really specially laughed a bunch here)

Cooongratulations to the winner!
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Thanks for an awesome awards ceremony!
Thanks everyone for the congratulations--I'm really happy to finally get to co-host a competition, since BAotL was a special comp. Me and Zekrom are working on a theme right now. In terms of Ace of Turnabouts, we should be ready to showcase it tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that. I can't wait to play everyone else's entries! :pearlhappy:

MasqueradeDemure

Post by MasqueradeDemure »

The awards ceremony was a good time! I'll be interested in playing everyone's cases when they release if I can.
Huge congrats to drvonkitty and Zekrom! I had a feeling you guys would win from the reviews. Please publicly release your case someday! Good writing is my weakness, me want play.
I'll definitely take second place too! Feels a little undeserved after the presentation errors, but I'm probably fixating on them a bit too much.
Also I'd like to selfishly request that you guys please don't chose a really interesting theme again, I have enough on my plate as is don't make me have to join again! (Or do I guess)
Also: Bears.
ZekromFan57
Spoken languages: English, Igpay Atinlay

Post by ZekromFan57 »

MasqueradeDemure wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:16 pm The awards ceremony was a good time! I'll be interested in playing everyone's cases when they release if I can.
Huge congrats to drvonkitty and Zekrom! I had a feeling you guys would win from the reviews. Please publicly release your case someday! Good writing is my weakness, me want play.
I'll definitely take second place too! Feels a little undeserved after the presentation errors, but I'm probably fixating on them a bit too much.
Also I'd like to selfishly request that you guys please don't chose a really interesting theme again, I have enough on my plate as is don't make me have to join again! (Or do I guess)
Also: Bears.
The case has been released!
As for the next comp theme... well, I can’t make any guarantees.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »