Broken Commandments

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Re: Broken Commandments

Post by risefromtheashes »

We are 20 days in! How goes the case-making, fellow competitors?
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Post by Awsome2464 »

XavierWright wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 pm By the way, are we allowed to have more than one playable protagonist in our entry?
You are, just keep in mind the rules you're trying to follow/break and how that could potentially play a factor into it
Image Image
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

risefromtheashes wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:37 pm We are 20 days in! How goes the case-making, fellow competitors?
Learning v6 for the first time which will probably slow us down. Still p confident we’ll have something substantial to turn in tho, the planning process has been going smoothly.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

risefromtheashes wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:37 pm We are 20 days in! How goes the case-making, fellow competitors?
Sponge and I are having fun with our entry and are making good progress. I hope you folks enjoy it as much as we are.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

I struggled a little at first, as I was dissatisfied with the first idea that I came up with.

However, I've come up with something new and I think I might just be able to make this idea work, so I'm optimistic.
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Making progress although I've taken things in a more experimental direction than I first planned. It will at least be interesting to see how my entry ends up, if nothing else.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Thanks to help from trialdude I've got the logic squared away and I'm now assembling frames. Too early in the process for a hypeshot, but I'm optimistic about finishing on time.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

I'm happy to hear all the good news!

I believe I previously said I may be close to completing a full outline for my case, but I suppose that was incorrect. I am close to completing a full outline for the first half (with lots of details and all the evidence planned out - lots going on), and will probably begin editor input and part 2 outlining after I can finish that and take care of some custom art. (Because yes, this case will have that! I've been making some little edits here and there...)

I will say, with the hindsight of many abandoned cases and competitions, that I may not end up completing the full case by the deadline (again, lots going on), but I guarantee that what will be done will be done to the absolute best of my ability in all regards. I'm not holding back.

Hopefully I'll be able to provide some hypeshots down the line, but definitely nothing for a little while. Priorities and such.

Again, good luck to all! I'm looking forward to seeing all the different entries!

Special thanks to clcman for all the massive help throwing around ideas and suchlike. You've been EXTREMELY helpful.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

I'm delighted to see so many people enjoying the theme. Finished or not, I'll look forward to trying out and judging what everyone submits in the end.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Yeah, this is definitely one of the more interesting themes I've seen. And it's giving me quite the challenge. My biggest weakness in casemaking is coming up with an actual good mystery so I'm really stretching myself for this one.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

I received the worst possible news this morning, and as a result I've decided it's in my best interest to pull out of the competition now. Unless a miracle occurs, I'm not going to be in any state to work on my entry for some time. If possible, can my user be entirely deleted from the entrants list instead of made red? Thank you, and I'm deeply sorry to everyone.
Bannedfrom7

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

I’m really sorry about that, that’s extremely rough. I hope you’ll be able to push through whatever's going on
I am Banned
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

ikuzonos wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:38 pm I received the worst possible news this morning, and as a result I've decided it's in my best interest to pull out of the competition now. Unless a miracle occurs, I'm not going to be in any state to work on my entry for some time. If possible, can my user be entirely deleted from the entrants list instead of made red? Thank you, and I'm deeply sorry to everyone.
There's no need to apologize. I hope you make it through this period of time well.

ikuzonos officially withdrawn.
Image Image
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Here. Have a hypeshot.
Spoiler : :
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

DJJ6800 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm Here. Have a hypeshot.
Spoiler : :
If I was the judge, you'd win, hands doubt, no bias from you using my art LMAO
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april: