Broken Commandments

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Re: Broken Commandments

Post by ikuzonos »

Poking my head in to see how everyone else is doing and I'm extremely excited to see these cases when they're released! Best of luck to you all (and the judges with all these entrants, aha)
Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Post by Awsome2464 »

DWaM wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:07 pm Everyone's showing screenshots, but I'm gonna pull a 2011 AAO move and drop a trailer.

Also, as per suggestion, a content warning:
Spoiler : :
There's a depiction of a woman missing the upper part of her head -- nothing extreme or graphic, mostly as if someone had removed a part of a doll (that's what I was going for in my depiction, anyhow).
Well, you'd better not drop out last-minute, because I simply must see what this is all about!
Image Image
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

DWaM wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:07 pm Everyone's showing screenshots, but I'm gonna pull a 2011 AAO move and drop a trailer.

Also, as per suggestion, a content warning:
Spoiler : :
There's a depiction of a woman missing the upper part of her head -- nothing extreme or graphic, mostly as if someone had removed a part of a doll (that's what I was going for in my depiction, anyhow).
Okay. So, if this ISN'T out after judging, I'm suing. This is my favorite premise of yours by far.

Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to disclose that the major funk I had like a month ago now (maybe less, maybe more - time is effed) killed any momentum I had, even now that it's mostly gone. I have like 1200 frames done of my case, but it's nowhere near finished and requires a good amount of polishing/rescripting for even what's already available. So while I am dropping out on paper, my case is still going to be in the works when I have my momentum back and hopefully you guys will get to see The Costumed Turnabout soon enough. Just probably not in the next 1-2 months, at least.

(Sigh, I really need to stop doing these, don't I...)
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

risefromtheashes wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 pm Okay. So, if this ISN'T out after judging, I'm suing. This is my favorite premise of yours by far.
Fair warning, the trailer, while entirely relevant and 100% connected to the case is not representative of the premise or the general tone of the case.
risefromtheashes wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 pm (Sigh, I really need to stop doing these, don't I...)
Nah. I'd say it's better to, if anything, start these projects up and if you decide, in the worst-case, they're not worth investing more time over release the unfinished version to compare and contrast with other entrants. The whole point of the case comps in my mind was always to get people to talk amongst each other and raise their works up; and to do that ya need people joining and participating. With the community being as small as it's gotten I would personally always prefer a bunch of unfinished entries compared to a few completed ones, but that's just my speed. Makes it more interesting.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

risefromtheashes wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 pm
Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to disclose that the major funk I had like a month ago now (maybe less, maybe more - time is effed) killed any momentum I had, even now that it's mostly gone. I have like 1200 frames done of my case, but it's nowhere near finished and requires a good amount of polishing/rescripting for even what's already available. So while I am dropping out on paper, my case is still going to be in the works when I have my momentum back and hopefully you guys will get to see The Costumed Turnabout soon enough. Just probably not in the next 1-2 months, at least.

(Sigh, I really need to stop doing these, don't I...)
No worries at all. The best thing you can do is work on a project when you've got the motivation, no matter how long it takes (there's a reason Turnabout Heartache still isn't completely done yet).

risefromtheashes is officially withdrawn, and I wish them the best in completing their case.
Image Image
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

There’s a little less than 2 weeks left. If it were me, now would be the time where I’d either be starting the “finishing touches” stage, or I’d start cramming to finish as much as I can. But a lot can still be done in 2 weeks, so good luck to everyone still in the running. And I hope those who’ve dropped out manage to finish their trials when they can as well.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Testing has now started on Act 2. I think you can expect our entry very soon.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
risefromtheashes

DWaM wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:26 pm
risefromtheashes wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 pm Okay. So, if this ISN'T out after judging, I'm suing. This is my favorite premise of yours by far.
Fair warning, the trailer, while entirely relevant and 100% connected to the case is not representative of the premise or the general tone of the case.
risefromtheashes wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 pm (Sigh, I really need to stop doing these, don't I...)
Nah. I'd say it's better to, if anything, start these projects up and if you decide, in the worst-case, they're not worth investing more time over release the unfinished version to compare and contrast with other entrants. The whole point of the case comps in my mind was always to get people to talk amongst each other and raise their works up; and to do that ya need people joining and participating. With the community being as small as it's gotten I would personally always prefer a bunch of unfinished entries compared to a few completed ones, but that's just my speed. Makes it more interesting.
Quite a fair point, actually. I do have everything up until the victim's death finished (though I need to go back and make it more interactive at some point), so I might just submit that for the sake of having it reviewed cause feedback is cool. (@ Awsome & TimeAxis, would that be chill?)

Also, I still look forward to your case LOL. I hope it's finished soon enough. :)
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

risefromtheashes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:12 am
Quite a fair point, actually. I do have everything up until the victim's death finished (though I need to go back and make it more interactive at some point), so I might just submit that for the sake of having it reviewed cause feedback is cool. (@ Awsome & TimeAxis, would that be chill?)

Also, I still look forward to your case LOL. I hope it's finished soon enough. :)
You'd need to officially re-enter the comp in order to submit your entry as per the rules, but yes, that absolutely would be fine. I'm no stranger to playing very short submitted comp entries.
Image Image
risefromtheashes

Awsome2464 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 am
risefromtheashes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:12 am

You'd need to officially re-enter the comp in order to submit your entry as per the rules, but yes, that absolutely would be fine. I'm no stranger to playing very short submitted comp entries.
Well, to spite the rules, I am going to unofficially re-enter and expect you to play it anyway. (*rolls eyes* LOL)
Anyway, I'll make sure all is good on my end and send you the thing. Consider me back in, I guess?
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:

----------
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Alrighty, then. risefromtheashes is officially back in the comp. Best of luck in polishing up your entry!
Image Image
Bannedfrom7

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

Yay! Good luck, Ash!
I am Banned
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

I guess you could say their entry has

Risen from the ashes
risefromtheashes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:12 am Also, I still look forward to your case LOL. I hope it's finished soon enough. :)
‘Tis all done! Testing is also complete. Got some ideas for some extra polish and optional content but I’m very happy with what I’ve got. Huge thanks to SuperAj, Fury and Naomi for the testing.
risefromtheashes

DWaM wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:28 am I guess you could say their entry has

Risen from the ashes
risefromtheashes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:12 am Also, I still look forward to your case LOL. I hope it's finished soon enough. :)
‘Tis all done! Testing is also complete. Got some ideas for some extra polish and optional content but I’m very happy with what I’ve got. Huge thanks to SuperAj, Fury and Naomi for the testing.
LMAOOO good one. Even though if it's a phoenix in any form, it's got like two feathers LOL.
I look forward to the release! ;)
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:

----------
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Sponge and I finished QA and polishing our entry. Since there is still a week left, we'd like for some play testing to occur before we turn it in. If anyone has the time or interest, feel free to reach out to me or Sponge here or on discord.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition