Broken Commandments

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Re: Broken Commandments

Post by ikuzonos »

Okay, I've thought it through and I'll be joining this competition! I'm very excited to write this case. (Additionally, if anyone's willing to talk out trial flow logic with me, it'd mean the world.)
Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Post by Awsome2464 »

DannyPlaysSomeGames wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:49 pm I don't expect to make much out of it, but screw it, I'd like to try this out.
Well, you've got 3 months, and it doesn't even have to be a long case. Just do your best!

Both DannyPlaysSomeGames and ikuzonos have been added as entrants. Good luck to you both!
Image Image
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

I won't be joining, as I've already started working on a case, but I love the theme! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
ikuzonos wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:59 pm Okay, I've thought it through and I'll be joining this competition! I'm very excited to write this case. (Additionally, if anyone's willing to talk out trial flow logic with me, it'd mean the world.)
I'd be happy to throw in my two cents. Just PM me an outline of your case.
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
Someoone
Spoken languages: English and Portuguese

Post by Someoone »

I think I have an idea that might work, I'm in!
Last edited by Someoone on Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Added. Good luck!
Image Image
AFan!

Post by AFan! »

Arrghhh the editor is killing me LMAO
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Been a hot second, but SpongeSonic and I have returned from the abyss to throw our hats into the ring. This time, we will actually make a good case.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Trybien wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:19 pm Been a hot second, but SpongeSonic and I have returned from the abyss to throw our hats into the ring. This time, we will actually make a good case.
Or we will at least try
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
DannyPlaysSomeGames
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by DannyPlaysSomeGames »

Question: would anything that is scifi or borderline scifi be considered a violation of the 2nd rule? or is that more so just way to prevent the infamous explanation of "because magic"?
Hey there
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

DannyPlaysSomeGames wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:05 am Question: would anything that is scifi or borderline scifi be considered a violation of the 2nd rule? or is that more so just way to prevent the infamous explanation of "because magic"?
I'd say it depends. If it's sci-fi so advanced it's indistinguishable from magic, then yeah, that'd probably count as a violation of the second rule (preternatural just means "beyond what is normal or natural"). But if it's hard sci-fi where everything is technically possible scientifically, then it might not break the second rule, but then it's more likely to be a violation of the 4th rule unless you're really careful about it.

One thing I'd keep in mind, though, is that the rules are mainly about whether or not these things factor into the mystery. So you could have a sci-fi or fantasy setting but no actual sci-fi tech or magic factors into the actual crime at all, and you'd be in the clear. As an example, Athena's mood matrix is Sci-fi and borderline magic, but unless the criminal somehow used the mood matrix to execute the crime, then it's not a violation of Rule 2 or 4. That's just there for flavor (and gameplay reasons).
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Spongesonic IN COURT wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 pm
Trybien wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:19 pm Been a hot second, but SpongeSonic and I have returned from the abyss to throw our hats into the ring. This time, we will actually make a good case.
Or we will at least try
Well, it's an honor to have our comp be the one that 2 AAO veterans join for their return. Trybien and Spongesonic IN COURT are officially added as entrants.

It's officially been a week since the comp began. How's everyone doing so far?
Image Image
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Awsome2464 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:30 pm
Or we will at least try
Well, it's an honor to have our comp be the one that 2 AAO veterans join for their return. Trybien and Spongesonic IN COURT are officially added as entrants.

We are nearly done with the rough draft of the episode and should be able to start scripting in the editor next week.

If we get this completed, you might regret having us as entrants, we may have went a bit overboard with the length...
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

So far, we have eight entrants signed up for this thing. Assuming all of us stay in, I feel bad for Awsome and Axis for how much they'll have to do.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Awsome2464 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:30 pm It's officially been a week since the comp began. How's everyone doing so far?
My main points are decided, so I'm working on a full outline! I inexplicably have more time all of a sudden, so I think I'll have that done soon and can begin scripting once I have all the details sorted.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Awsome2464 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:30 pm
Or we will at least try

Well, I have had an extremely hectic week, so I literally have had ZERO time this week to work on my entry. But things are finally going to mellow out today and tomorrow, thankfully, so I should finally have free time starting tomorrow or Tuesday!
The one saving grace of my entry is that I have an unfinished outline for it from years ago (hooray for old ideas!), so my main issue is going to be sorting out the logistics (evidence, crime scene, etc) and pacing, then making sure there are no leaps in logic before starting to script in the editor.
Good luck to everyone!
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!