Breakin' Da Rules

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ZetaAzuel
Spoken languages: English

Re: Breakin' Da Rules

Post by ZetaAzuel »

I guess I have no choice then huh...?
I'll see if I can get ahold of Wooper, he hasn't been on in awhile so I don't think he knows that we got 2nd place yet XD
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Speaking of Wooper... I thiiiiiiiink I saw him online yesterday...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Well I suppose when I get home form School I'll try and make an OP for a new comp... even though I reaaaaaaally wana join the next one it seems I've got not choice.

Btw... Gumpei you talk a alot about unfinished projects... but whatever happend to TQT :p
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Also, did you get to contact Wooper?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

ZetaAzuel wrote:Well I suppose when I get home form School I'll try and make an OP for a new comp... even though I reaaaaaaally wana join the next one it seems I've got not choice.

Btw... Gumpei you talk a alot about unfinished projects... but whatever happend to TQT :p
...Someday on AAO? :awesome:
clcman

Post by clcman »

Let's see here... Our past few comps have been alternate universes, fire and ice, different time periods, trolling, extremely long trials and convention breaking.
So we seem to have a trend of getting further and further from the standard AA formula. I'd recommend Crossovers, but we've basically already done that... Or a comp that's absolutely nothing like an AA game.
Breakin' Da Physics? Locked Room Mystery? Unlocked Room Mystery? Sheer Framecount Slog? Most Convoluted Case?

If worst comes to worst, Zeta,you could always do another 24 hour comp and just get it over with.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Clearly, the theme is everybody must make a trial that is related to League of Legends. xD

Though, personally, I want to see some dark cases as a theme. MAKE SOME PEOPLE HAVE DOWNFALLS Y'KNOW?

Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Whatever it is, it shouldn't be too restrictive. I think experience has shown that relatively general themes with room for interpretation, like trololol, create more interest and bring out the best in our authors.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone involved in this competition!
The winners of course, but also everyone who submitted a trial, everyone who was inspired to start a trial, and of course, the players. You made this happen.

You were asked to Break Da Rules, but the competition might as well have been named Break Da Record... from framecount to pagecount, you pushed the limits of what we all thought was possible ^^
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

ZetaAzuel wrote:Well I suppose when I get home form School I'll try and make an OP for a new comp... even though I reaaaaaaally wana join the next one it seems I've got not choice.
You could just... y'know, pass it off to 3rd place xP

Anyway, comp themes...
-Locked room mysteries
-Trunabut Taipo (there must be some sort of typo/spelling/grammar mistake that is relevant to the plot. For example, "nineth" in VLR)
-Multiple crimes (does not need to be multiple different crimes; so, for instance, serial killings/multiple counts of murder would be fine)
-Ace not-Attorney: must be a fancase where you don't play as the attorney (this means in court--you could be an attorney who acts as a prosecutor for the trial (for whatever reason), but you couldn't be a prosecutor that acts as an attorney for the trial (for whatever reason))
-Unique causes of death
-PLvAA-styled Witch Trial (if you do want to do this, I can tell you the Rules of Magic in PLvAA; they're really simple and make making crimes/mysteries out of them not too difficult xP)
clcman

Post by clcman »

Magic murders could be fun, but you should probably allow for different rules of magic, so it's not too complicated or restricted.
I say either that, locked room or "dark" cases are the best ideas so far.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Dark cases could have been the theme if DWaM wasn't going to be busy during judging period. :p

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

clcman wrote:Magic murders could be fun, but you should probably allow for different rules of magic, so it's not too complicated or restricted.
Eh, one of the difficulties with having magic in mystery stories is that a lot of times the rules for magic aren't very clear or are just made up or stuff. PLvAA creates a very nice structure that lends itself well to crimes and mysteries (as you'd expect xP)

dark cases would be fun although mods might not like all the entries, and it seems like a relatively subjective theme
Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Post by Wooper »

Wow. I log in for the first time in a few weeks and suddenly I'm hosting a competition. Anyways, Zeta and I have decided on what we're going to do, so the new topic should be up shortly :3
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

What no! We have to make it to 150 pages first! DDDDD:

Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Post by Wooper »

Dangit! Quick, everyone! Post as much as you can!
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko