The Bright Age of the Law - In Justice we trust !

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: The Bright Age of the Law - In Justice we trust !

Post by enigma »

Hmm... I really dislike this because I don't really want the public being able to play the case without it being the best it possibly could. To be honest, I'd actually prefer it if there was no public vote and just left up to your decision like a normal case comp, if this is how it would be.

Considering there's only two cases in this comp, is it possible to still get a placing/ranking without being part of the public vote? Because I really, really don't want the whole public being able to play our trial without us being given a few days to perfect it first. We'll still be in the public vote if it's absolutely necessary, but I really, really don't want the case being publically released in any form before we can edit it and have it be perfect and shiny first.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

It's true that with only two entries it doesn't make much sense to have a two-phase judging anyway...
What do all entrants think about it ? :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

Unrelated question from someone not even in the competition: If the "only complete cases get featured rule" is still active, and an incomplete case wins this competition, would all V6 trials released before its completion have to wait until it gets finished to become featured, as the first prize is "first featured case of the V6 era?"
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

That'd be a questionable interpretation of the rules, as it comes at the expense of random other parties. They still got the OK to get featured first, so... that makes them a technical first.

Good luck to the two entrant teams. Both deserve a prize for being the only ones that actually did something.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

As... the only other single entrant-team, I'd vastly prefer to not have a public vote since there's only two teams entering. It'd be kind of silly imo. SK doesn't care either way.

Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Understood. In that case the winner will be designated by me instead - and my fairness shall not ever be doubted !
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Since there's no longer a public voting segment to the judging, can Ferdienth start up their comp? (Assuming they want to, ofc.) Obviously in most other comps the next one doesn't start until the previous one finishes, but that's because the winner of the previous comp becomes the judge of the next--but since we already know the hosts of the next comp, that doesn't seem like it should be necessary.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Consider this some extra time for you to do general planning, help out the Glitch Hunt, or review new players' trials.

And after all, Unas used an image macro. My mind is too blown to start working on coordinating with Ferdie.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Geez. Only two entrants.

Well, at least Unas won't have much reading to do. Which means he can spend all that time making V6 into 3D, right? Right?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Not much reading ? You're not counting on the French section :-P
There were 4 entries there, and one of them being a full series longer than 10 000 frames... I spent a loooot of time last week playing those and got it over only yesterday, hence why I'm not done with playing the entries here yet.

So, yeah, 2 entries here is not much, but thankfully the quality seems good so far :-)

(Oh, and don't dream about 3D - I have some technical stuff to work on for AAO in the next few weeks but nothing like that xD)
ImageImageImage
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Will there be the traditional Stream of Consciousness + Review + Final Ranking, or just the final ranking?
I ask, simply because I like reading SoCs...
clcman

Post by clcman »

Well, I have an SoC of drvonkitty and MercurialSK's entry from when I beta'd it, but I figured I'd just put that on their case thread (once they make one), if they give me permission.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

I'm cool with you posting it on our case thread. I don't know about SK, although I imagine he wouldn't have a problem with it either.

Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Are we going to see who won and be able to play the trials?