Case lag after 2000 frames.

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Mosy
Spoken languages: English

Case lag after 2000 frames.

Post by Mosy »

(posted eariler)
Hello fellow AA-Onliners, how do you do?
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for that darn lag that comes around in all our cases when we reach a certain scene count(usually 2000+ scenes for me), it just makes it really hard to make a good tall case without making tedious parts.
I use Firefox, as it's a bit faster than Google or any other browsers I tried.
Does anybody have any tips to reduce that lag?
Live life as you enjoy it, pal!- :objection:
I guess not...
TimeAxis

Re: Case lag after 2000 frames.

Post by TimeAxis »

If any of your frames are identical, you could try reusing them. It requires some expression logic and can be complicated, but if there’s a lot of repetition it could be worth it. If you don’t have much repetition though, the frames saved might not be enough to compensate for the extra frames required for the logic.

It’s also typical for people to break their cases apart into multiple parts.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

TimeAxis wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:07 am If any of your frames are identical, you could try reusing them. It requires some expression logic and can be complicated, but if there’s a lot of repetition it could be worth it. If you don’t have much repetition though, the frames saved might not be enough to compensate for the extra frames required for the logic.

It’s also typical for people to break their cases apart into multiple parts.
Thanks for the suggestions! :pearlhappy: trying to make our best out of reusing frames is always welcome, I always try.
As for multiple parts, that's honestly the best way to keep lag out of the way. However it gets frustrating when we have a huge case with 50+ evidence elements, places, etc. Hopefully the creators of AAOnline will find a way to reduce lag, like dis-loading frames when not in use, and loading them in if our scroll bar is on them.
I guess not...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I've experienced this lag myself. While I'd love to do something about it, unfortunately time is in very short supply for me right now, and I can't commit to both understanding the issue and doing something to fix it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions that would help with 5000+ frame parts you're making.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

Enthalpy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:09 am I've experienced this lag myself. While I'd love to do something about it, unfortunately time is in very short supply for me right now, and I can't commit to both understanding the issue and doing something to fix it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions that would help with 5000+ frame parts you're making.
No worries, Mr. Enthalpy! it's all fine. Thank you :3. it always excites me to see that you are still around to comment here and there.
Life is always more important than anything else. if anyone ever thinks about fixing the lag issue sometime in the future:
A good suggestion of mine would be to somehow offload the unused frames.
I guess not...