Adding Continueous Sound effects?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Mosy
Spoken languages: English

Adding Continueous Sound effects?

Post by Mosy »

Is there a way we can add sound effects that repeat until needed to stop?
A case I'm working on requires music to be played in an area but also rain to be displayed and sound effected, I already considered adding the rain to the music, but I would like to know if there is a better way around(some kind of hack or technique) this so I could add a variety of music with the rain.
thank you! :nod:
Last edited by Mosy on Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live life as you enjoy it, pal!- :objection:
I guess not...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Adding Continueous Sound effects?

Post by Enthalpy »

The way to do this is indeed to add the music. Having two tracks playing at once is an idea to think about... It probably wouldn't work on a mobile device, but we're not supporting that anyways.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

Enthalpy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:37 am The way to do this is indeed to add the music. Having two tracks playing at once is an idea to think about... It probably wouldn't work on a mobile device, but we're not supporting that anyways.
Sorry, but what do you mean by add the music? you mean adding the sound effects into the music, right? (a suggestion I have if you would like to work on this in the future would be to add a stop all sound effects option in the sound effects dropdown, or in the sound effects menu an option to loop. But that would probably be too hard to implement)
thank you for the quick reply, Mr. Enthalpy.
I guess not...
WinifredMira

Post by WinifredMira »

The music list is amazing
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Mosy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:40 am
Enthalpy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:37 am The way to do this is indeed to add the music. Having two tracks playing at once is an idea to think about... It probably wouldn't work on a mobile device, but we're not supporting that anyways.
Sorry, but what do you mean by add the music? you mean adding the sound effects into the music, right? (a suggestion I have if you would like to work on this in the future would be to add a stop all sound effects option in the sound effects dropdown, or in the sound effects menu an option to loop. But that would probably be too hard to implement)
I should have seen this earlier. Indeed, you'd add the sound effects as a music track. Sound effects play once and are done. Music tracks loop until stopped.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

Enthalpy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:56 am
Mosy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:40 am
I should have seen this earlier. Indeed, you'd add the sound effects as a music track. Sound effects play once and are done. Music tracks loop until stopped.
Ah I see. so I guess that do be the only way round it :random:
I guess not...