Help with investigation conversation in detention center

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

GabbiTheAlicorn
Spoken languages: English

Re: Help with investigation conversation in detention center

Post by GabbiTheAlicorn »

OK. Here they are (the investigation scene is at the end):

5bec2c1

AceAttorneyMaster, I'll also make sure to add you as a collaborator so you can check it out, too.
If I’m wrong, don’t get mad. I’m just a girl trying to figure out life and be lazy while doing it. So far, it’s not working.

I love music and being online too much.

Find me on AO3!

EmoNerd21 on Reddit

:fran: :maya: :ron: :D
GabbiTheAlicorn

You should have access to it now.
If I’m wrong, don’t get mad. I’m just a girl trying to figure out life and be lazy while doing it. So far, it’s not working.

Find me on AO3!

EmoNerd21 on Reddit

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

I'm still confused, could you try to answer Enthalpy's question about what you mean by "locking"? I can't tell if you're trying to do psyche-locks or something else. How should Phoenix get
Spoiler : character :
Lori
to open up?
GabbiTheAlicorn

Basically, she's really upset and won't talk to him. He needs to present a profile of any one of her siblings (so far, there's only Lincoln, as he's what I consider the "right" option, even though any one will do). After that, a conversation will follow. By the end of said conversation, Phoenix has managed to convince Lori that he will be able to help her, and she's calmer. After that, she's willing to explain what happened at the scene of the crime, amongst other things.

Does that make sense? I probably should've just said that from the beginning.

Find me on AO3!

EmoNerd21 on Reddit

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

It sounds like you want the following:

* Initially, only talk option A is accessible
* During a present conversation, talk options B and C become accessible

What do you want to happen to talk option A after that present conversation?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GabbiTheAlicorn

So talk option A is "What Happened". At first, when Phoenix asks, Lori gets too upset to answer. He presents a profile, and they have a talk, in which he reassures her that he will help her. After that, if you press "What Happened", Lori, now composed, will tell you what happened at the scene of the crime.

Does that make sense?

Find me on AO3!

EmoNerd21 on Reddit

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Oh. In a case like this, your best option is to create two conversations called "What Happened". Only the first one should be revealed. During the present conversation where she calms down, hide the first "What Happened" (where Lori is not calm) and reveal the second "What Happened" (where Lori is calm) as well as the other two talk options.

The command to hide a talk topic is "Hide a talk topic," and the other command you need is "Reveal a talk topic." Both of these are available from the Action Editor that I mentioned at the start of this topic.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson