Zoomed out sprites

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

dawsongfg
Spoken languages: English

Zoomed out sprites

Post by dawsongfg »

How do I make the small zoomed out sprites appear in the correct place? I have them, but they want to go to the incorrect spot. Edit: Alright, I'm using Gimp, but I need the sprites in the gallery area to move, seeing as it's the start of the trial.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: Zoomed out sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hi,

You'll need to edit the sprites in advance before uploading. The size of a DS screen (that AAO uses) is 256 pixels wide by 192 pixels tall.

If you make an image of that size with the mini sprites all placed in position, and then upload that image, you can load it in as a pop up over the courtroom overview.
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I don't understand why "need the sprites in the gallery area to move" is important. Can't you just make everything except the "zoomed out sprites" transparent and overlay them on the Agitated background?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
dawsongfg

Post by dawsongfg »

Enthalpy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:27 am I don't understand why "need the sprites in the gallery area to move" is important. Can't you just make everything except the "zoomed out sprites" transparent and overlay them on the Agitated background?
Gimp doesn't want to do that.
SuperAj3 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:10 am Hi,
by
You'll need to edit the sprites in advance before uploading. The size of a DS screen (that AAO uses) is 256 pixels wide by 192 pixels tall.

If you make an image of that size with the mini sprites all placed in position, and then upload that image, you can load it in as a pop up over the courtroom overview.
It doesn't want to go to the correct place the first time. I tried to use snipping tool then upload to Photobucket. Still goes to the incorrect place. I'm pretty sure it's scaled properly.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

dawsongfg wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 am
by

It doesn't want to go to the correct place the first time. I tried to use snipping tool then upload to Photobucket. Still goes to the incorrect place. I'm pretty sure it's scaled properly.
Could you please share the images you're using? I'll try to edit them for you to show you what I mean.
ImageImageImageImage
dawsongfg

Post by dawsongfg »

SuperAj3 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 am
dawsongfg wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 am
by

Could you please share the images you're using? I'll try to edit them for you to show you what I mean.
Here are the images.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

dawsongfg wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 am
Enthalpy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:27 am I don't understand why "need the sprites in the gallery area to move" is important. Can't you just make everything except the "zoomed out sprites" transparent and overlay them on the Agitated background?
It is definitely possible to do this in GIMP. I do this on a semi-regular basis. I can go into details, but I think SuperAj has this under control.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

See how I've laid them out in one image? You can do this and then add it as a popup in the editor.
ImageImageImageImage
dawsongfg

Post by dawsongfg »

Enthalpy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:45 am
dawsongfg wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 am
Enthalpy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:27 am I don't understand why "need the sprites in the gallery area to move" is important. Can't you just make everything except the "zoomed out sprites" transparent and overlay them on the Agitated background?use
It is definitely possible to do this in GIMP. I do this on a semi-regular basis. I can go into details, but I think SuperAj has this under control.
At this point, making it transparent won't help photobucket because it doesn't use the format, so I'd need to use snipping tool, which doesn't exactly work properly. Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.
SuperAj3 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:02 am Image
See how I've laid them out in one image? You can do this and then add it as a popup in the editor.
Got it. Thanks!
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Use imgur instead of photobucket. That has unlimited bandwidth and doesn't add watermarks.
ImageImageImageImage