Case failing to load

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

Case failing to load

Post by Gizmological »

Myself and another user are having issue with my trial A Game of Turnabouts, viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12686

The trial doesn't seem to load properly, with the loading screen getting stuck after sound files have loaded, the loading bar for images doesn't even show up. I've get the same results in both chrome and firefox. I haven't made any changes between now and when I last tested the case. A couple of months ago I replaced the custom fade animations with the fades included in the editor, but I tested everything immediately afterwards and it all worked fine.

Any help with this one?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Case failing to load

Post by Enthalpy »

ThePasch, Unas, and I pushed some under-the-hood changes to AAO sound systems but haven't made an announcement topic. Although ThePasch and I tested this heavily (and I personally tested this on three actual AAO cases), we didn't test what happens when you try this on a case with music or sound volume over 100. Our new sound system crashes when you try this. ThePasch and I are going to be working on this, since this is a major bug, but I have a QA to finish before I can start digging into this.

We'll hope to have a fix up very soon, but for a short term fix, cap all your music/sound volumes to 100.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

Re: Case failing to load

Post by Gizmological »

Ah, yep that's fixed it! Appreciate the response, thanks!