Having trouble with glowing life bar

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

AlterUniverse
Spoken languages: Español, English, Deutsch, Eu falo um pouco de PT

Having trouble with glowing life bar

Post by AlterUniverse »

Hi, I'm having an issue that is being bugging me for at least 1 week, like the title say it's about the glowing life bar action, it works perfectly fine when I play my case like a single one but when I make an event of "End of the game - Go to the next part of the series" when the next part of the case initiate and an event where glowing life bar has to activate it doesn't do it, I don't know if that's an issue in my case or it's a problem with the editor itself, I would really like to know if there's a solution for this because I want people to have the less stress possible to go for one part to the next part in my cases without having that issue with the glowing life bar to know the value of the penalty in each situation.

Thanks in advance :larry:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Having trouble with glowing life bar

Post by Enthalpy »

What specific frame is supposed show the life bar flash, but doesn't?

I assume that you start at trial 138741 and proceed to trial 139593. Is this correct?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AlterUniverse

Post by AlterUniverse »

Enthalpy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 am What specific frame is supposed show the life bar flash, but doesn't?

I assume that you start at trial 138741 and proceed to trial 139593. Is this correct?
That's correct, I even make an adicional case with a "Case selector"theme (139231) to see if the problem still happened in there and yeah, it's still doesn't light up the life bar in any of those cases when I use the "End of the game - Go to the next part of the series" action.

All of the frames that involve the glowing life bar doesn't work when the end of the game next part action comes to work, that includes psyche lock frame 300 in trial 138741 and santions of trials like 1685 in trial 139593, all of them have that problem when the next part of the series action take place but for giving you an example.

Btw I'm using mozilla firefox.

Edit: It doesn't happened only in my case, I tried the case of the user Nicky Boy since I remember he use a case selector too and when I use the case selector and the "go to the next part of the series" take me to the "Starting Turnabout" it doesn't light the life bar when I present a wrong piece of evidence but if I go directly from the link of the case and don't go to the case selector it DOES light the life bar when I present a wrong evidence in that same frame.

You can check it out here too : https://aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12595

I don't know if it's only an issue from my side but is a little odd.

Edit : The issue doesn't happened when I use google chrome but is weird because is suposse to work better with mozilla firefox, maybe an update of the browser make that issue in the case maker?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I can't reproduce this. When I go to Nicky's case selector (108598), select case 1 (106918), proceed to the first cross-examination and present a badge on the first statement, I see the life bar flash on Isaac's next line of dialogue (frame 294). This is exactly what Nicky's script says should happen. I also used Firefox (94.0b8).

I can't do anything about a bug that I can't see for myself.

I recommend that you try to repeat what I did and then
If you can still reproduce the bug Construct the shortest possible trials that allow you to see the bug, then show me those trials.
If you cannot reproduce the bug Give me specific instructions for something that does give you the bug.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AlterUniverse

Post by AlterUniverse »

Enthalpy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:35 pm I can't reproduce this. When I go to Nicky's case selector (108598), select case 1 (106918), proceed to the first cross-examination and present a badge on the first statement, I see the life bar flash on Isaac's next line of dialogue (frame 294). This is exactly what Nicky's script says should happen. I also used Firefox (94.0b8).

I can't do anything about a bug that I can't see for myself.

I recommend that you try to repeat what I did and then
If you can still reproduce the bug Construct the shortest possible trials that allow you to see the bug, then show me those trials.
If you cannot reproduce the bug Give me specific instructions for something that does give you the bug.
If the problem only happen to me is okay I can live with that because the thing that I don't wanna people to experience in my cases is don't knowing when they present a wrong evidence and the santion for that action, in google chrome I can see the lighting glowing bar but in Mozilla I can't for a weird reason so it's okay, thanks for your reply Enthalpy.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

In my experience, bugs like this are usually not an "only happen to me" thing. If you want me to keep digging, get me another example to look at, with clear instructions about exactly what frame should have the life bar flash but doesn't.