Storyteller's Sources [3DS Model Renders, Audio, and Assets]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

applekitty
Spoken languages: English

Storyteller's Sources [3DS Model Renders, Audio, and Assets]

Post by applekitty »

Welcome to my resource page!

I'm Kitty. I'm an artist, writer, and a ripper. I'm only good at ripping 3DS games, and luckily for me, it seems like most places on the internet (even Model Resource) don't have the models from these games for some reason. And when they do, they don't even have the animations! Well, I like the animations plenty, so I'm going to offer them here where they can be properly appreciated by people who want them.
I've gone ahead and applied an outline shader to them so the models don't blend into themselves. If you don't like it, then you're welcome to re-render them yourself with the files I've provided.

I'm able to do custom renders of the various 3D environments we see in-game. However, I'm not able to replicate the shading well, if at all. So, if you want any renders of the courtrooms, try to keep that in mind.

I also have a few other things that may be of interest to people on here (including backgrounds, general objects, etc) I have ripped from Dual Destinies and Versus. I've also taken the audio files from these games and sorted them by what they sound like / what's said in them. All of them were originally .wav, but I've had to convert them to .mp3 for the sake of being usable for the site.

Q/A
Spoiler : :
Q: Can you rip X character for me?
A: I'm going to be ripping (hopefully) all characters from all the 3DS games if I can.

Q: How do you decide priority?
A: Do I like the character? If yes, they get moved up the list. Do I need the character for my own personal projects? If yes, they get moved up the list. Has the character been requested? If yes, they get put on the list. I'm a very interest-based person, so if I get requests or if I have personal investment, then I'm more likely to do something faster.
Requests are first come first serve, though.

Q: Can you animate X doing Y?
A: I'm not an animator, so no. If it isn't an animation in the game that I can export, you're not getting it, bud.

Q: Can you make X character 3D for me?
A: I'm not a 3D modeler, so no.

Q: Can you get a different angle / different eye pose of X during this animation?
A: Yes, I can. I'd probably do this fairly easily, then send it to you through a PM or something. Keep in mind, though, lots of models are not meant to be seen from certain angles.

Q: Can you do a singular, non-animated render of X doing Y?
A: It depends on the complexity. If it's really simple, like a different eye pose or something, sure. If it's a full atmospheric render, then either you'll have to pay me or we'll have to do an art trade.

Q: Can you put X's animations on Y?
A: Sure, but it's going to be put on the backburner compared to ripping what I'm supposed to. Also, sometimes the animations won't apply or work, so don't wait on it.

Q: Could you combine This gif and That gif?
A: I could, or you can do it painlessly using this website.

Q: Why are the 2D backgrounds all separated?
A: That's because all the backgrounds are meant to be 3D, with the objects placed in a 3D plane. That's why the backgrounds can shift slightly to accomodate tiny angle changes in-game. To get the picture without using the 3D model, you have to put all the objects in yourself. I've only done this one time, horrible experience, never going to do it again if I can help it. Instead, if I've provided the 3D model, I suggest rendering that out instead. However, for lots of models (I.E Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice) I neglected to export their 3D versions and thus do not have the capabilities to render them properly at the moment.

Q: Will you be able to do Dual Destinies / Spirit of Justice characters?
A: Yes.

Q: Why did you rename all the audio files?
A: This depends on the game. For games like Dual Destinies, I've renamed all the audio files because they were just numbers before I got to them. For games like Miitopia or Detective Pikachu, I've left them as-is because their original names were satisfactory enough to understand what they were.

Can I request a 3DS game for you to rip?
A: You can, but not all games are created equal. Not all games use the same file formats because they're all made by different companies who frustratingly love to save things in obscure, undecipherable formats that I need an equally obscure tool buried in 10 year old forum threads with dead links to open. Getting the game itself isn't the problem, it's mostly making things inside the files into a more 'normal' format that is. If you're lucky, then I'd probably be able to rip the game you want, organize its assets and audio files, then upload it to my MEGA in a matter of hours. If not, then it could take days (or weeks, if I'm low on motivation).

These requests SHOULD take a back seat to rendering characters, but I find it a lot less noxiously tedious than rendering because of how many files it produces (which makes my ape brain very happy because number go up GOOD) so if I get requests for rips, I'll probably do them.

Q: Why are all the files on MEGA?
A: I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure you can't link MEGA files to this site, which is unfortunate. I know it'd be easier for it to be hosted through Dropbox or maybe even Discord, but eh. Just take the stuff and host it separately on whatever you prefer. I need to put my 50 dollar a year subscription to use somehow, and I've got like 2TB of space on there because of it.

Q: Do I need to credit you?
A: I'd like it if you just commented on this thread the trial you used my resources in. None of this is even mine in the first place, but my labor to get it to you is a lot more than you'd expect. If it is a custom render I've made for you, though, yes, I would very much appreciate it if you credited me somehow.
PRIORITY LIST
Phantom
Storyteller
Edgeworth (Crossover)
Professor Layton
Constantine
ISSUE MODELS
Any models who I currently cannot do renders of due to some issue:
Eve (Skeleton does not bend mesh in Blender, Model Resource upload has head broken)

Here's my render server where I keep all the gifs for easier access. Gifs are only uploaded to my MEGA when I have completed all of the character's animations. If you want them as soon as possible, I recommend joining. It also gives you a direct place to take them from.

I'm currently working on: Ripping Dual Destinies animations.

(7808 files) (0 Characters Complete) (Priority)

3D Environments (.DAE files + .png textures)
NOTE: For those who want more evidence or things to put in backgrounds, the .png textures are a good asset. I will get to rendering out the pictures when I get to it, but for now, please just use the area thumbnails provided in the link below.
-
2D Images (Cast, Evidence, Events, Blueprints, HUD Assets, Area thumbnails, etc)
-
MP3 Audio Files (Music, Sound Effects, Gameplay Sound Effects, Objections, Voiced Lines organized by character, etc)
WAV Audio Files (Same as above)
NOTE: I have not organized any of the non-english lines. They have instead been relegated to a separate folder in the WAV link. If anyone would like to organize these by character, please have at it.

(1544 files) (2 Characters Complete)

2D Images (70x70 Cast, 70x70 Evidence, Events, Blueprints, HUD Assets, Areas, Insight, Silhouettes, Athena Therapy Pictures, etc)
-
MP3 Audio Files (Music, Sound Effects, Gameplay Sound Effects, Objections, Widget Noises, etc)
WAV Audio Files (Same as above)
NOTE: None of the music here is edited. Until I get to it, it will not loop properly. If you make a loopable version, please send it to me and I'll add it to the MEGA.

NON-AA Games

(22067 files)

(12050 files)

(10574 files)

(2896 files)

(1800 files)

(716 files)

Last edited by applekitty on Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:58 am, edited 21 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Sleuth

Re: Storyteller's Sources [3DS Model Renders, Audio, and Assets]

Post by Sleuth »

yoooooooooooooooooooo this is super poggers
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

OMG this is incredible!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

I've uploaded some files from the Detective Pikachu games as well. I have yet to find the sound effects, but there they are. The models are remarkably easy to rip from this game (as far as characters go), though I'm unsure if I'll be rendering any of them. I'll see what happens with the backgrounds, though, because I'm sure lots of people would like to have some of those. They are pretty nice.

EDIT 6/14:
I've also now added some files from Wizard 101 I extracted today. Not everything is there audio-wise, but I've got all the pictures. Didn't bother to sort.
ImageImageImage
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

You're actually the person I like the most right now. I appreciate that the models are in DAE format. I really hope you'll succeed top rip the courtroom of DD/SoJ, because unfortunaly I failed to rip that myself with Kuriimu.
Image Image Image Image Image
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Jofe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:46 pm You're actually the person I like the most right now. I appreciate that the models are in DAE format. I really hope you'll succeed top rip the courtroom of DD/SoJ, because unfortunaly I failed to rip that myself with Kuriimu.
I have both courtrooms from DD, but I have not ripped from SOJ yet since I keep going all over the place. I need to fix my ruined courtroom model because I neglected to get all of the assets out of it while I still had Autodesk (specifically the skybox and the buildings in the background, and I need to redo the audience), but for rendering purposes it's pretty solid right now. Court models require me to use Autodesk to open them, unlike models which are fine with SPICA + a shader I got from the romf dump. They also require me to manually re-apply textures to every single object in them, which is a little tedious but very gratifying. What am I talking about again?
This page will update whenever I at the very least drop the audio files for SOJ.

I do, however, have all the models for all DD characters, though I plan on putting them on Model Resource first before they go up here.
ImageImageImage
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

YOOOO this is so cool!! Would love to see Blackquill (especially his SoJ poses, I could never find those)! Thank you for all this effort!
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

risefromtheashes wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:35 am YOOOO this is so cool!! Would love to see Blackquill (especially his SoJ poses, I could never find those)! Thank you for all this effort!
For sure. I've already ripped his model, but exporting his animations is a whole other beast.
ImageImageImage
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Today I just had a little fun and mass-batched a bunch of sprites from Home Sweet Home (game was ripped by teh_super_hacker) into evidence frames. There's about 487 different furniture to choose from both in the Dual Destinies frame and the Trilogy frame. On a side note, they almost look like they're in the Ace Attorney style.

I've also added around 6000 audio files from the Doctor Laurtec series. I'm having trouble getting any of the characters or assets at the moment, so I may have to manually get them rather than export them via their files. Which is very painful.
ImageImageImage
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

A MAJOR breakthrough has just happened. I've figured out how to export and render the Dual Destinies animations.

ImageImage

My new priority will be Fulbright because personal bias. Afterwards, I'll see what I can do for Blackquill and other DD exclusives. I'll be focusing this month on just exporting all the animations as well as getting the SOJ models out, since I got another free trial of 3DSMax.
ImageImageImage
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

I'm also having some fun with discovering the use of webp's. Here's some Edgeworth...

I'm scaling two different versions. One that's just the normal 3D render (the first render is by Jay Faraday over on Ripping Resource, I've simply cropped to 4:3 and scaled to 256x192) and one that's a 'pixelated' version that I feel would fit in better with the pixelated style on AAO. Of course, both versions will be available for use. Both the pixelated version and the 'clean' version are up on the discord server.

On another note, I've finished Fulbright. I've made him available as purely webp's. Yes, webp's are functional with AAO, and they're less cost-spacey gifs, which hopefully means they won't lag as much. He's up in the discord and on the MEGA.
Last edited by applekitty on Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

I've swiped some of Blackquill's sprites from Case Cafe and made them useable for AAO. Pixel versions available. Renders aren't by me, but scaling and pixel versions are. Available in the Dual Destinies MEGA.
ImageImageImage
eerew

Post by eerew »

ChingKittyCat wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:59 am I've swiped some of Blackquill's sprites from Case Cafe and made them useable for AAO. Pixel versions available. Renders aren't by me, but scaling and pixel versions are. Available in the Dual Destinies MEGA.
wow these are really awesome good job!
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

eerew wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:38 am
ChingKittyCat wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:59 am I've swiped some of Blackquill's sprites from Case Cafe and made them useable for AAO. Pixel versions available. Renders aren't by me, but scaling and pixel versions are. Available in the Dual Destinies MEGA.
wow these are really awesome good job!
Ok.
ImageImageImage
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

we relied on applekitty's rips heavily throughout a web of turnabouts! having these easily available was super helpful—ripping is one of those things that can be missed in the shared labor of making a fancase, so i just wanted to post here to say thank you so much to applekitty for all the hard work doing this!!! it is sincerely appreciated <3